Skip to main content

Post BB Housemate Antics - Part 5

Some of you might be interested in these videos, if you haven’t seen them already.

Interesting tidbits of information shared between trivia questions, with a really broad mix of previous HMs - Brodie from 2002, Tobin (Vanessa) from CBB, Reggie from 2003, Paul and Trevor from 2004, Anna and David from 2006, Bodie and Aleisha from 2007, Benjamin from 2012, Jason from 2014 and Allan, Soobong, Talia, Danni, Zoe, Garth, Hannah, Sarah, Kieran and Mat from 2020.

Some takeaways:
  • Kieran confirms he never watched Big Brother prior to 2012 (side note: in another podcast he mentions he barely watched 2013-2014 too, which just infuriates me that the show hyped up his “superfan” claims so much when he’s never even watched a full season)
  • Allan, Kieran and Hannah talk about filming the exit interviews in the carpark for over 90 minutes (as discussed in another thread here)
  • Jason only keeps in contact with Aisha from his season
  • Garth claims the infamous “group chat leakers” / media insiders were Allan, Angela and Kieran
  • Kieran and Hannah mention that their unseen kiss occurred during the box challenge (but doesn’t this contradict a previous report of how it happened?)
  • Tobin talks briefly about his time on Celebrity Big Brother in 2002
  • Sarah believes Mat and Dan are the only 2020 HMs who were not portrayed accurately on the show
  • Kieran tried to find out who came second and third runners-up after the Finale but apparently nobody was told, which makes me doubt Mat ever saw it too
  • Danni supports the theory (which I’ve been saying for a while now) that the show didn’t do enough to promote the strategy element of the new format to Australian audiences and didn’t encourage them to vote with that in mind, which contradicts the type of show they’re trying to produce - in my opinion, the way the entire season was edited compared to the narrative in the final two episodes are completely hypocritical of each other
  • Paul brings up the twists that allowed Angela and Sophie to return after being evicted - this is a common talking point which I’ve seen discussed on multiple podcasts now, including Elder Sibling and Eye On BB (the general consensus seems to be that this was a blatant unfair advantage and these fake evictions should have been handled very differently, as they were in past years)
That YouTube account also has a few other video interviews with previous HMs, including Susannah, Tim and several others, which are worth checking out too!

Last edited:
On the strategy element I wonder if in sequester beforehand (if they even went into sequester - probably not with it filmed so far in advance) whether they were given a US or Canadian season to watch just to highlight the strategy element somewhat. They do that with the US cast and you can always tell the people who'd never watched a full season until they were sequestered as they think the strategy that did well in the season they watched is the only way to play the game.

I had to remove Sophie from my IG. I started watching her instagram live video with a makeup artist and someone from Melbourne says hi and she responds with "Awwww I wish I was in Melbourne right now." No girl, you don't wish you were in Melbourne right now. Shows you how far removed she is now from the real world. You'd have to be 6 foot under to not know what's going on in Melbourne right now. Being from and currently living in Melbourne I actually found her comment almost offensive.

I had to remove Sophie from my IG. I started watching her instagram live video with a makeup artist and someone from Melbourne says hi and she responds with "Awwww I wish I was in Melbourne right now." No girl, you don't wish you were in Melbourne right now. Shows you how far removed she is now from the real world. You'd have to be 6 foot under to not know what's going on in Melbourne right now. Being from and currently living in Melbourne I actually found her comment almost offensive.

Yeah i think i seen her write that as well. It's a shame how people change when they get a bit of fame. I found Danni to be the most genuine out of the lot and she has replied to some of my IG messages. Was good of Talia to do a live IG inviting some of her followers to go live with her, Marissa also has done that. But as Reggie said on a recent podcast, it will die in the ass in a few months and you find the housemates will start to lose contact with each other, having said, theres was no IG when Reggie was a housemate so i may be proven wrong.

Isn’t she from Perth originally? Her & Chad’s showmance seems more abd more fake as time goes on. Sure, they like each other, and attracted to one another. And they made a deal about the prize money. But in the show they made out like they would try to see one another immediately on the outside. COVID may have thrown a spanner in there but from what we have seen it was almost like they had not spoken to one another in months at the reunion. Did not even try to spend a night together when they were in Sydney....

Sounds like she would rather be in Melbs and have the IG followers than be with Chad... Like others have said it’s totally a showmance.

Isn’t she from Perth originally? Her & Chad’s showmance seems more abd more fake as time goes on. Sure, they like each other, and attracted to one another. And they made a deal about the prize money. But in the show they made out like they would try to see one another immediately on the outside. COVID may have thrown a spanner in there but from what we have seen it was almost like they had not spoken to one another in months at the reunion. Did not even try to spend a night together when they were in Sydney....

Sounds like she would rather be in Melbs and have the IG followers than be with Chad... Like others have said it’s totally a showmance.

I think Chad's the kind of guy who just has a girl, wherever he is. Minimal effort, he's simple enough that he likes her, is genuine but then forgets when he moves elsewhere, finds someone else.

Not sure about Sophie.

To people being cynical, you can get in relationships in situations that you're in that then simply don't translate to when you return to your normal life. Anyone that has spent a fair bit of time travelling around, being different places would be able to tell you this. You can be someone, meet someone spend a few awesome weeks together but then when you move on. It's not some lingering thing. You just shared an experience, had a relationship in that. It doesn't mean in your normal life it would work or even be something you'd want to translate to it.

i think most relationships in the house are a thing of convenience. you’re trapped together with no other stimuli for 24 hours a day, 7 days a week so why not find comfort in someone else? pursuing it outside of the house takes real effort and commitment which none of them are prepared for.

remember after all the hoop-la and high drama of tully and drew, they were together for like two months before it fizzled and they realized they couldn’t be stuffed trying to make a long distance relationship work

Last edited:
I think Chad's the kind of guy who just has a girl, wherever he is. Minimal effort, he's simple enough that he likes her, is genuine but then forgets when he moves elsewhere, finds someone else.

Not sure about Sophie.

To people being cynical, you can get in relationships in situations that you're in that then simply don't translate to when you return to your normal life. Anyone that has spent a fair bit of time travelling around, being different places would be able to tell you this. You can be someone, meet someone spend a few awesome weeks together but then when you move on. It's not some lingering thing. You just shared an experience, had a relationship in that. It doesn't mean in your normal life it would work or even be something you'd want to translate to it.

Absolutely spot on , things change when you go back into your normal routine. As @snarkmachine stated, pure convenience . Wasn't there a relationship between Marty and Jess ? and only lasted a year or so ?

Wasn't there a relationship between Marty and Jess ? and only lasted a year or so ?
I’m pretty sure Marty and Jess were together the longest out of all the “relationships” to spawn from BBAU. They were together for around four years all up - met in 2002, married in 2004, divorced in early 2006.

Outside of that, I think the closest long-term couples would have been Lawson and Cat, Thomas and Susannah, and maybe even Billy and Aleisha. I believe all their relationships lasted a couple years post-BB if I’m not mistaken?

Who could forget Marty & Jess: An Outback Wedding?

I tried to find some footage of the show online a couple of years ago but there is nothing!

Oh wait just had a look and someone has uploaded the episodes this year on YouTube! 😃

I’m pretty sure Marty and Jess were together the longest out of all the “relationships” to spawn from BBAU. They were together for around four years all up - met in 2002, married in 2004, divorced in early 2006.

Outside of that, I think the closest long-term couples would have been Lawson and Cat, Thomas and Susannah, and maybe even Billy and Aleisha. I believe all their relationships lasted a couple years post-BB if I’m not mistaken?

I think Clawson ended early 2019.

Who could forget Marty & Jess: An Outback Wedding?

I tried to find some footage of the show online a couple of years ago but there is nothing!

Oh wait just had a look and someone has uploaded the episodes this year on YouTube! 😃
Yeah! All but one episode is available.

That account also recently uploaded the 2001 episodes of The Weakest Link and Sale Of The Century with the BB01 HMs, which I’d been dying to re-watch for years! I remember watching them as a kid. Brought back so many memories.

Funny how desperate Seven and Nine were to latch on to the BBAU popularity back then once the HMs contracts ended with Ten. ... and interesting how not much changed a decade or two later... ;)

yeah, cat and lawson 2014 lasted four years, and billy and aleisha 2007 lasted a couple of years too. i think those are the only other long term relationships to come from the series? (i don’t think susannah and thomas started their relationship in the house, so i wonder if they count.)

i think you have to REALLY like each other to keep a relationship going after the house, what with all the media and appearances and publicity and people throwing themselves at you and living different lives in different states and whatnot. it must be a whirlwind, and i suspect what most couples realize is what they had in the house was just a comfort/friendship thing in a stressful environment instead of genuine romantic feelings. and when you get out of the house and have your old support network and old friends back, you find you just don’t really need the other person anymore, and the effort it takes to maintain a relationship with all those other obstacles just isn’t worth it. that’s why so many bb relationships fizzle and i’m not surprised chad and sophie did, especially bc with the truncated run time, they didn’t actually end up spending that much time together.

Last edited:
Back