Skip to main content

Post BB - Housemate Antics 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious....I just went to the JA thread to see any gossip there and saw a bit of complaining about this thread along with several others....

Are you trying to pull a Drew and play both threads against each other??? :)

Oh wow, I wish I'd thought that far into it. But no, you give me far too much credit. I know you've said before you want a "rivalry" but sorry that wasn't the intention at all.

Was simply making a comment that I felt better because I said something to someone here that I've wanted to for a long time but have bitten my tongue. And yes, I wont lie, I did also want a bit of reassurance that I wasn't the only one who doesn't think Jade's an idiot.

Last edited:
I did go for a swim this morning! I'm not sure if it was that, the Panadiene or the coffee but I'm feeling much better now thankfully.

And yeah, after thinking about it I'm still happy with how it all went. I obviously wouldn't make a great private detective (that's an understatement) but it wasn't a BB event and they weren't the main attraction or even an attraction at all. They were just there like everyone else and I sure wouldn't ask total strangers about their personal lives or whatever so I'm not sure why I thought I'd feel comfortable doing it yesterday. I definitely didn't think it all through beforehand. But I'm sure they had a few randoms already do that as it was although from what I saw most people weren't even paying much attention to them at all as everyone was busy doing they're own thing and catching up with people they knew. At least not while we were in the same place anyway so I'm happy I didn't ruin that for them.

Pain killers, caffeine boost and cold water sounds like the perfect remedy. Trying to sort your thoughts and events of the night may be a battle though. Don't think too hard. No one wants to see you hurt yourself before we get the complete goss :p

From my perspective, the hm's could have become defensive and may have avoided you completely. You may not have had the interactions with them had you talked about bb. For instance, they may have a preconceived idea of how you may view them after watching the show and could have tried to make a point about it by focusing on that manner and not how they normally would. So you did it best mrs b. someone else said it, but you took them at face value, which is a good approach and you too enjoyed yourself which makes it all the better.

Oh wow, I wish I'd thought that far into it. But no, you give me far too much credit. I know you've said before you want a "rivalry" but sorry that wasn't the intention at all.

My bad....I was just trying to lighten the mood (my dry humor doesn't come across as well in text form)...I respect your opinion actually and don't want it to get too heated b/t us

boogroe
2 minutes ago · Portsea Hotel
@emgords

fa6181a47b2711e3bcd512a0b7292644_8.jpg

I'd hate to be Boog's liver....

I would've sworn last night that Boog wasn't at the pub but yet here she is. Mind you I would've been looking for her in that hat or at least the dress she was wearing so maybe that's why I missed her but I wonder if she got there and left before we did. So strange because I do remember looking for her at one point.

I did go for a swim this morning! I'm not sure if it was that, the Panadiene or the coffee but I'm feeling much better now thankfully.

And yeah, after thinking about it I'm still happy with how it all went. I obviously wouldn't make a great private detective (that's an understatement) but it wasn't a BB event and they weren't the main attraction or even an attraction at all. They were just there like everyone else and I sure wouldn't ask total strangers about their personal lives or whatever so I'm not sure why I thought I'd feel comfortable doing it yesterday. I definitely didn't think it all through beforehand. But I'm sure they had a few randoms already do that as it was although from what I saw most people weren't even paying much attention to them at all as everyone was busy doing they're own thing and catching up with people they knew. At least not while we were in the same place anyway so I'm happy I didn't ruin that for them.

Out of interest, was Ed drinking?

My bad....I was just trying to lighten the mood (my dry humor doesn't come across as well in text form)...I respect your opinion actually and don't want it to get too heated b/t us

It's all good. Like I said when I edited my post, after having such a long rant I was more looking for reassurance that I wasn't the only one that felt that way (i.e. that Jade's not an idiot). And obviously given the response I'm certainly not so all good.

Just curious....I just went to the JA thread to see any gossip there and saw a bit of complaining about this thread along with several others....

Are you trying to pull a Drew and play both threads against each other??? :)

Okay, in defense of some posters who have had their comments misconstrued, they did not say jade was dumb based on her book smart levels. Let's make that effiing clear! This is the case of selective reading.

Last edited by a moderator:
Out of interest, was Ed drinking?
I had to think about that for a moment but I don't think he was. I'm pretty sure I saw with him a beer at the polo right before the DJ started to play but now I'm wondering if he was just holding it for someone because when we were all around the same table at the pub for a bit, all the guys were drinking beer but I don't remember him with one then either.

It's all good. Like I said when I edited my post, after having such a long rant I was more looking for reassurance that I wasn't the only one that felt that way (i.e. that Jade's not an idiot). And obviously given the response I'm certainly not so all good.

Cool...BTW I agree Jade wasn't dumb...I disagree with that opinion of her...

She has some smarts for sure...I think it was a pretty intelligent cast (book and street smarts) in general IMO..

I had to think about that for a moment but I don't think he was. I'm pretty sure I saw with him a beer at the polo right before the DJ started to play but now I'm wondering if he was just holding it for someone because when we were all around the same table at the pub for a bit, all the guys were drinking beer but I don't remember him with one then either.

I thought so. Good on him. I'm glad that's the case.

She has some smarts for sure...I think it was a pretty intelligent cast (book and street smarts) in general IMO..

Agreed, and for the record I don't agree when I see people make cracks at Boog's intelligence either. She's obviously not going to win a nobel prize but she's a witty little thing and she certainly got the best of Tim during some of their arguments IMO.

Alex Mavroidakis [MENTION=29660]AlexM[/MENTION]avroidakis
[MENTION=25711]Rev[/MENTION]erson22 Our Kiwi brothers and sisters are welcome to apply for #bbau as gaining Australian residency is a very simple process.

Jade's learning disability has nothing to do with her intelligence . Look up all the famous dyslexics. One has nothing to do with the other at all. I've never BTW pointed out that her spelling is poor because that would be as a result of her dyslexia. I don't however find Jade articulate or in any way interesting. Anyone who wouldn't mind being a '50's house wife has me questioning her smarts.

ouchies! i think a lot of women like to be "house wives". Nothing wrong with that dream. Perhaps she is a nurturer...she seems to be doing well with the modelling as well. I don't think she is unintelligent at all, not everyone can be a scholar and there is nothing wrong with that, you make the most of what you have.

Yeah I don't agree that she's unintelligent either. If I were to be judged based on my views of love or even some of the guys I adored in my early 20s especially, I think everyone would be surprised I can string a sentence together now.

ouchies! i think a lot of women like to be "house wives". Nothing wrong with that dream. Perhaps she is a nurturer...she seems to be doing well with the modelling as well. I don't think she is unintelligent at all, not everyone can be a scholar and there is nothing wrong with that, you make the most of what you have.
50's housewives ;) That said Jade often makes the most of what she's got. I didn't think Jazz should have put it in her farewell message, but I agreed with her ;)
On a serious note, Jade frustrates me because her idea of how she can be successful is so narrow but I don't disagree with her being a nurturer and that's a positive.

Yeah I don't agree that she's unintelligent either. If I were to be judged based on my views of love or even some of the guys I adored in my early 20s especially, I think everyone would be surprised I can string a sentence together now.

well i wish i could say i was that stupid in my 20s....try last year!!! it never gets easy.

anyway i don't think jade is stupid for her ed thing either, he's a pretty good guy with a lot going for him, she was stuck in a house with him and couldn't avoid him or her feelings, he eventually went there so she was right to an extent, they tried and failed and everyone can move on. No real harm done i think.

I like being a housewife. I won't lie. I love it. My husband and my kids really are my world. But I don't think prufrock meant it that way, though I see why it can be taken this way. But it's more the fact that jade seemed to rely on finding a husband and wanting this role is to be saved from her old life.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like being a housewife. I won't lie. I love it. My husband and my kids really are my world. But I don't think prufrock meant it that way, though I see why it can be taken this way. But it's more the fact that jade seemed to rely on finding a husband and wanting this role is to be saved from her old life.
If only i'd said it that well. I have no issue with housewives either, but the whole 50's concept of that wasn't nearly as broad as it is today.
Just back to the dyslexia thing. For people who apparently think that dyslexia equates with lack of intelligence, (or think that I might believe it), then take a look here:
http://www.dyslexia.com/famous.htm

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back