Skip to main content

Post BB - Housemate Antics 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Ben (don't disown me just yet- I bought chocolate and wine as bribery ;))

I'm glad he is getting all these letters, it must be a great confidence booster.

what kinda chocolate? what kinda wine? ... just weighing it all up ya know ...

Heidi

92.9 Perth ‏@929Perth 1m

Looking smokin' hot for your TV Commercial shoot in Melbourne today @RealHeidi #HWW pic.twitter.com/ymimjbDXxI

[MENTION=34950]crimmy[/MENTION] I'm pretty sure stezza means Stereosonic. It's a music festival that was just on, full of beefed up boys and semi naked girls.

Leesa Little ‏@Leesa_Jayne Protected Tweets 22m

Maybe the judge will be able to explain to her that there's nothing defamatory about the truth. pic.twitter.com/rxDx45LzKr

Yeah of course there's a distinction between civil and criminal law and it would be a civil matter. People are assuming Tahan/David are attempting to sue Leesa. I suspect it's more of a cease and desist letter listing the inaccuracies she's spouted as truth against not only them but several organisations. If she doesn't stfu then they have grounds for a civil suit. That's one of the things that always baffle me since moving here... so many people get on their high horse about the US and how they don't want Australia to be anything like it but then I hear this whole "free speech" thing thrown around when it quite simply doesn't exist here. Yeah the cops won't show up at your door for saying you don't like a HM or whatever but if you make accusations that could damage a brand or image - in this case David's, Tahan's, Channel 9, Channel 7, V8s, Bottle-O and whomever else she railed at - then you better have the proof to back that stuff up if asked for it. If not, you can find yourself in a hell of a lot of trouble.
Love the way you think Mrs B.

Err, wish I hadn't followed that link.
What a moron, just posting what the newspapers have written with some gutter mouth expletives thrown in doesn't make it a blog, it's a bog - some of these people are so up themselves it's unbelievable.

And I hate that shrill, aren't-I-cheeky writing style so, so much.

Leesa Little ‏@Leesa_Jayne Protected Tweets 22m

Maybe the judge will be able to explain to her that there's nothing defamatory about the truth. pic.twitter.com/rxDx45LzKr

Ugh. She'd better hope she can produce actual proof, then, if that's how she chooses to defend herself, because as Mrs. B pointed out earlier, the burden's all on her.

A video producer for Southern Cross Austereo is trying to get in contact with Drew to "do some work" with him.

I apologize for taking thread space first of all, but I had to see what Leesa said that may be course for civil action.

Just finished reading Leesa's blog and dissecting it based on the link posted for AU. I answered in basic conversational terms/knowledge, Could be wrong in AU, but took it from below. It would be a simple "Restraining Order", called here from what I gather, that one is not allowed near another nor if cited in the order you can not talk about them publicly. I can not see an actual civil lawsuit from this. (I could be totally wrong)

Freedom of speech:
Australians are free, within the bounds of the law, to say or write what we think privately or publicly, about the government, or about any topic. We do not censor the media and may criticise the government without fear of arrest. Free speech comes from facts, not rumours, and the intention must be constructive, not to do harm. There are laws to protect a person's good name and integrity against false information. There are laws against saying or writing things to incite hatred against others because of their culture, ethnicity or background. Freedom of speech is not an excuse to harm others.

I followed her blogs down from current to past.

Blog - The Housemates On Social Media – How They Treat BB Fans & Each Other

If you look at the tweets cited in the blog, vaguely, as I do not know your law fully, both Tahan and Xavier posted "grey" area tweets as well that could be brought up as evidence in support of Leesa. Leesa put commentary what she felt those tweets meant, but technically let the "tweets" speak for themselves in this blog.

Tahan did retweet one on International voting. Against the BBUA legal Terms & Conditions from @Forever29plus1 saying she voted from the US.

Just look at Xavier's as he could be construed as "harming" others if anyone was to get to finite detail and HM's could go after him based on the "Literal" words.

So throw that blog out IMO.

The next one against Tahan:David Reynolds’ Outright Cheating – Now Offering A Prize For Votes

Leesa in this blog referenced an article by "http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/519477/20131105/big-brother-australia-drew-tully-tahan-jade.htm#.UqVWreIUbdl" before she continued. She did post this "The other family/friends/partners have supported their loved ones too, but none (aside from Ed’s) have taken to cheating the way that Reynolds has.", but followed it in tweets that David posted that he would give prizes, rides to people, etc,. She stated Ed's family had taken their info down.

I would throw out this blog too.

Next: Who Will Win Big Brother 2013?

She does state personal opinions on Tahan, "one has maintained her vicious persona against any that she does not favour. So who do we reward?" and goes on later to say "Neither have Tim and Jade’s fans/loved ones tried to scam votes by misleading followers into the belief that they will gain free goods, such as Tahan’s boyfriend has." But again goes on and references FB deleting comments on Tahan and [MENTION=32109]Gina[/MENTION]RioFanPage taking $'s in the UK as well as the alleged @TeamTahanBB13 taking phone calls with number to speak to them. Links to: Why is Big Brother protecting Tahan?

Grey area could be disputed.

Next: Evidence That BB Benefits From Tahan & More On David Reynolds’ Voting Scams

Notice in this blog "Mike Goldman" tweets back to David against Terms & Conditions.

In the blog she references this other blog, but puts in this disclaimer: "More Big Brother favouritism – what does BB have to gain?"

Note: This is neither for nor against any particular housemate. As before, I am merely highlighting Big Brother’s favouritism. This is a problem on their end that needs to be worked out before BB14."

This could be considered "harming", but given other tweets and public statements in whole I don't see a Lawyer betting on a judgement.

Seriously, I hope I had the links to everything right, but from my viewpoint not even knowing until tonight this blogger I really don't think she can be held accountable legally even under your laws of defamation of character against Tahan or even Xavier as a long shot. Yes, Tahan could get a Restraining Order, but I can't see a civil lawsuit with damage award.

She has in almost every blog backed up with links to news articles and copies of tweets that she has formatted around. Whomever she is, she is not totally dumb and just blogging out her ass. It is her opinions though and I don't agree with her base perceptions in quite a few of the blogs she posted and if I was Ed I would be the one seeking action. She has defamed him more.

Oh, and the twitter fight they had would be thrown out as no court IMO would consider it. Tahan if smart would never had answered back as she did. Neither Tahan nor David has publicly stated that their lives have been affected. He is still actively racing and Tahan is modeling in catalogs with deformed hands.

If the judicial system in AU rules and awards from this then I am on my way and ready to make an enemy for compensation. (just kidding)

I think it is mainly a restraining order in the end to shut up and stay away.

Leesa Little ‏@ Leesa_Jayne Protected Tweets
[MENTION=20488]lee[/MENTION]sa_Jayne's account is protected.
sophie ‏@ idolfab 13m

@ Leesa_Jayne LOL this girl is so delusional. She doesn't have a legal leg to stand on. She must be terribly insecure after all.#BBAU

I want to know what the bloggers tweet was!!!!

Personally I think the phrase "David Reynolds' Voting Scams" alone is enough to make a bit of a stink about. God, this girl has no effing clue what she's doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back