Skip to main content

Post BB - Housemate Antics 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just so you know, this isn't funny. At all. Shame on you for even going there. Some people on this forum have been in abusive relationships. You even typing that is really low.

Well said [MENTION=3686]des moines[/MENTION]..
I must say I was disappointed to read that post. Always thought Up All Night was a great guy..

Thanks for the update. Tully looks happy. Drew is looking bad ass there, seems a little agro tho. Don't want to see a fall from grace, it's really not appealing.

You're welcome. And its just a pic with Tully. If he's doing this with a fan or a pap (if thats even possible) then thats another story. But from the comments on a ton of the pics that fans took with Drew yesterday, he couldnt be a nicer guy and judging by how many girls he let take pictures kissing him on the cheek, i'd say he's doing just fine with all the attention.

I kinda feel the same
I loved him on the show but outside I'm starting to get over him

I think Tully's desire to stay relevant with this relationship has had the effect of me rolling my eyes every time I see Drew pop up as well. Don't get me wrong, I don't like Ed and Jade as a pairing, but I do respect the way they're going about things in comparison to Drew and Tully. The lack of hotel/bedroom pics on social media and selling their relationship status to the paper actually makes me take their relationship more seriously.

You're welcome. And its just a pic with Tully. If he's doing this with a fan or a pap (if thats even possible) then thats another story. But from the comments on a ton of the pics that fans took with Drew yesterday, he couldnt be a nicer guy and judging by how many girls he let take pictures kissing him on the cheek, i'd say he's doing just fine with all the attention.

Thanks, that's good to hear. Admittedly the photos of him with the fans that I have seen and with other ex house mates he does look happy.

I think Tully's desire to stay relevant with this relationship has had the effect of me rolling my eyes every time I see Drew pop up as well. Don't get me wrong, I don't like Ed and Jade as a pairing, but I do respect the way they're going about things in comparison to Drew and Tully. The lack of hotel/bedroom pics on social media and selling their relationship status to the paper actually makes me take their relationship more seriously.

JMO...But I kind of disagree

I don't see her as trying to use the relationship to stay relevant. And I think it's a little presumptuous to say that. And did they sell their story to papers (Has that been confirmed)??

I think she just likes tweeting/instagramming her life and he happens to be part of it...I think Drew/Tully's pics seem more natural while Ed/Jade's look like perfectly crafted (I don't know exactly how to say it but more "fake" if you will)....

I guess I like the more "raw, real" feel of Drew/Tully's relationship vs. the "nice, sweet, fake" feel of Jade/Ed's....That's just me though. I don't think Drew and Tully cared as much about their image on the show (and it's showing up in their real life as well..Drew always refered to himself as a scoundrel, in a likable way)...I'm not saying it's necessarily better for career prospects but I liked their relationship way more and nothing has changed my mind about that

The dislike I've had for Ed has eased a little since, at the very least, he is being respectful. The tides may end up changing after all.

Why is the blame laid on Tully? Drew seems to be an equal part of it.
Jade & Ed are just different type of people compared to Drew and Tully so they react to the situation differently neither are right or wrong its just who they are as people.

Is that all their appearances finished? How long does this stage usually last for?

That's a great way of putting it - you've put my thoughts into words!
Ed seems to be introducing Jade to his life pre BB whereas Tully and Drew just seem to be eh trying to stay relevant
Kinda funny as I buy the Drully relationship a bit more than Jaded

Love Jade, but I think she'd absolutely love to post pics of her and Ed kissing and hugging like a couple in love. But like in the house, she'll do whatever Ed wants and he seems to want to take things very slow and keep that part of their relationship (if it exists) very private. That very well may be the right way to go about things, but that's not to say the other way is wrong (which I dont think you are).

For BBUS fans, these two kind of remind me of Brendon and Rachel and Jeff and Jordan. Brendon and Rachel are very over the top with everything, while Jeff and Jordan keep their relationship very much reserved. Brendon and Rachel just got married last year and Jeff and Jordan, who just happen to be in Australia this week, have been together for 4 years. Both very different, but both have worked. I'm not saying these two will work out like the bbus couples, just reminded me of them.

Jade & Ed are just different type of people compared to Drew and Tully so they react to the situation differently neither are right or wrong its just who they are as people.

Is that all their appearances finished? How long does this stage usually last for?

I'd imagine that it will be over soon. I'm interested to see what they are going to sign up to next. This is all I'm following them for. If either camp do nothing but post pics of each other and bits of their personal lives, then I'm off it. I'm more curious about their media opportunities and what hey can make out of this exposure. Tim's a different story, I'll continue to follow him regardless of his future jobs, as his personality, lifestyle, commitment to conservation and charity work are very inspiring.

JMO...But I kind of disagree

I don't see her as trying to use the relationship to stay relevant. And I think it's a little presumptuous to say that. And did they sell their story to papers (Has that been confirmed)??

I think she just likes tweeting/instagramming her life and he happens to be part of it...I think Drew/Tully's pics seem more natural while Ed/Jade's look like perfectly crafted (I don't know exactly how to say it but more "fake" if you will)....

I guess I like the more "raw, real" feel of Drew/Tully's relationship vs. the "nice, sweet, fake" feel of Jade/Ed's....That's just me though. I don't think Drew and Tully cared as much about their image on the show (and it's showing up in their real life as well..Drew always refered to himself as a scoundrel, in a likable way)...I'm not saying it's necessarily better for career prospects but I liked their relationship way more and nothing has changed my mind about that

Obviously she has strong feelings for him, but that wasn't my point. Anybody would be naive in thinking that Tully hasn't realised how much attention her relationship with Drew gets her. It was what got her trending on Twitter originally, it's the main reason she was the most talked about HM while she was in there, etc. The choice of bedroom pics is telling IMO. She's not an idiot, she's a social media strategist, she knows what gets people talking.

And I don't really think you can call me presumptuous but at the same time label Drew and Tully's relationship as "real" and Ed and Jade's as "fake". We don't know what's going on at the moment beyond a few Twitter/Instagram updates. None of us can say with any certainty which relationship is more "real" than the other at the moment.

Did I say that blame should be placed on Tully? No. Did I also say what relationship was right or wrong? Again no. I simply said that from my own personal view of what is going on with Drully at the moment, it's causing me to roll my eyes and lose interest in both of them. And that the way Ed and Jade are handling things at the moment lead me to take their relationship more seriously. I never said it was more serious, but the updates are giving me that impression.

Love Jade, but I think she'd absolutely love to post pics of her and Ed kissing and hugging like a couple in love. But like in the house, she'll do whatever Ed wants and he seems to want to take things very slow and keep that part of their relationship (if it exists) very private. That very well may be the right way to go about things, but that's not to say the other way is wrong (which I dont think you are).

The point is she's not though. We can only go off updates we're getting on social media, speculation of what Jade might want to do is redundant. I don't think we can sit there and say Jade's just doing what Ed wants to do when nothing we've seen since they've been out has implied Jade is under his thumb in the slightest. And I certainly wasn't saying what is the right way to go about things, just that from my own personal perspective, the way Ed and Jade have handled things in comparison to Tully and Drew has led me to take them more seriously. Doesn't mean they are, or that Drew and Tully aren't, but the respect they clearly have for one another and their relationship to keep some things under wraps gives their relationship more credibility to me.

Obviously she has strong feelings for him, but that wasn't my point. Anybody would be naive in thinking that Tully hasn't realised how much attention her relationship with Drew gets her. It was what got her trending on Twitter originally, it's the main reason she was the most talked about HM while she was in there, etc. The choice of bedroom pics is telling IMO. She's not an idiot, she's a social media strategist, she knows what gets people talking.

And I don't really think you can call me presumptuous but at the same time label Drew and Tully's relationship as "real" and Ed and Jade's as "fake". We don't know what's going on at the moment beyond a few Twitter/Instagram updates. None of us can say with any certainty which relationship is more "real" than the other at the moment.

Just want to clarify a few things you may have missed reading my post the first time:

That's why I used terms like feel and seems and looks like.....I didn't say Drew and Tully's WAS real or Jade and Ed's WAS fake. (I even used a JMO for the whole post at the beginning)..It's all my opinion

Of course she knows her relationship generated a "buzz or media sensation"...My point of contention was that she wanted to milk it for fame...I haven't seen this....

I guess we are just seeing things WAY DIFFERENTLY....

(taking pics in the bedroom is A) a deliberate attempt to get people talking OR B) it's a sweet moment of her life that she was happy about and wanted to share with people)...I think it's more B

That's a great way of putting it - you've put my thoughts into words!
Ed seems to be introducing Jade to his life pre BB whereas Tully and Drew just seem to be eh trying to stay relevant
Kinda funny as I buy the Drully relationship a bit more than Jaded

Completely agree. But in fear of being jumped on again, I just need to reiterate that in my opinion Ed and Jade seem to be having more of a genuine go at it. He's been introducing her to Melbourne and his family and friends. I buy Drully as a relationship more too. I think JadEd are completely incompatible and void of chemistry, but I'm not blinded enough by my hate of it to be able to acknowledge that I like the way they're handling things on the outside.

d69836ba4cc311e382a612aaab3f1ecf_7.jpg

Drew and Tully at Sweaty Betty PR

Laura seems to have confirmed this morning that Drew will be sleeping at Tully's place (and in the same bed).

Last edited:
The point is she's not though. We can only go off updates we're getting on social media, speculation of what Jade might want to do is redundant. I don't think we can sit there and say Jade's just doing what Ed wants to do when nothing we've seen since they've been out has implied Jade is under his thumb in the slightest. And I certainly wasn't saying what is the right way to go about things, just that from my own personal perspective, the way Ed and Jade have handled things in comparison to Tully and Drew has led me to take them more seriously. Doesn't mean they are, or that Drew and Tully aren't, but the respect they clearly have for one another and their relationship to keep some things under wraps gives their relationship more credibility to me.
Oh yeah, I know you didnt say you thought one way was the right or wrong way. I thought I made that clear. And this thread would be boring if we couldnt speculate on these people's relationships :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back