Skip to main content

Post BB - Housemate Antics 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, and appalling to me as well.

Me too. She made a mistake, no doubt about that, but that doesn't mean "the public" or the "majority" get to burn her at the stake for the rest of her life. The sad thing is most of people on twitter who the foulest, craziest stalkers are adult woman. Sick.

I'm glad I'm not the only person who based their opinions on hm's through what other hm's said. Because really, we are watching parts of what happens on the show, they would know more than what we would know. To see how some of the hm's reacted to tully is more telling to me than anything else. Unfortunately it wasn't until she was evicted and long after her eviction that I was aware of this, but none the less it does shape the way I feel now.

I think there was a strong chemistry between tully and drew and think they connected on a much deeper level. I don't think that this is just another one of those flings. Will they last though? Who knows? But there was something there.

When you think about it we all form our opinions of others based partly on how they are viewed by third parties. These networks are often refered to as 'Webs of Trust'. It is reasonable that we should look for these structure within the show,

I just have to comment on this.

I discussed tully more than any other hm this year. I have more posts on her at the very beginning than any other hm. Yes I wanted her gone, but I was drawn to discussing her because she was such a fascinating and unique character. If she hadn't been in a relationship, I wonder if I would have wanted her gone as much as I did tbh. Tully was interesting in that damaged, lost, confused way. I couldn't understand her and I was confused with her human reactions and emotions. Honestly, the moment she left these boards died down quite a bit. So that answers how fascinating she was, even people don't want to admit it.

Drew saw something in tully and was drawn in and I do think drew has a good judge of character. They appealed to one another and I think that's why they do make a good match in a strange way. They don't need to tell the world if they are together and drew does not need to prove anything by posting pics. I think it's nice when you can have a relationship and treasure those moments between the two, makes it that much special. Like its your own private world. Good luck to them

Yes, I stopped watching after Tully left. I image that the show became rather profoma after that. I know that this forum did.

Drew actually had a job prior to going into the house, Ed was taking courses at uni so the most Ed could have been working was part time

Yes, Ed was working at Strategic Financial Group Australia (SFGA) full time starting in 2012 while completing his degree in Accounting. Here's a Q&A on SGFA's website from Ed: http://www.sfga.com.au/ed-lower/
"Ed was a professional footballer with the North Melbourne Football Club for six seasons, playing 42 senior games. His career ended due to a knee injury at the end of the 2011 season. During Ed's final year at North, he began working at SFGA on his day off before commencing full time this year. Ed is currently completing a Business degree majoring in Accounting and has recently become an accredited AFL agent." Q&A followed see above link for details.

Drew sounds like he was almost mauled!

It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt… did you hear what happened to Ryan Lochte last week?
Olympic swimming champ Ryan Lochte will be spending some time on dry land – the gold medalist injured his left knee in a freak accident involving an excited fan. The 29-year-old was in Florida on Sunday when a teenage girl saw and ran at the 6'2" athlete, USA Today reports. While the teen was unharmed, he hit the curb, blowing out his left knee. "As a result of a freak injury caused by an unexpected fan encounter, Ryan has suffered a torn MCL and an ACL sprain and will be taking a break from training and competition," his publicist said in a statement.

It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt… did you hear what happened to Ryan Lochte last week?
Olympic swimming champ Ryan Lochte will be spending some time on dry land – the gold medalist injured his left knee in a freak accident involving an excited fan. The 29-year-old was in Florida on Sunday when a teenage girl saw and ran at the 6'2" athlete, USA Today reports. While the teen was unharmed, he hit the curb, blowing out his left knee. "As a result of a freak injury caused by an unexpected fan encounter, Ryan has suffered a torn MCL and an ACL sprain and will be taking a break from training and competition," his publicist said in a statement.

Might knock some sense into him! :p

ryanlochte-explains-jeah-gif_1850081.gif

Oh my that's awful, it could seriously harm his career.

I think you then should realize that you and the few other Tully supporters are the minority, the majority of us can see the situation for what it is. I am not saying your opinion is not valid, i am just pointing out that perhaps the majority of people see something you don't and possibly its not us the majority who are thinking the wrong way. You say you don't applaud that behaviour yet it doesn't really seem to bother you that much, unfortunately i can feel the pain and shame that Tahlia went through so i'm not so quick to forgive.

I don't condone attacks on Tully at all but i also know what the internet is like in 2013 and i can guarantee that Tully knows the consequences of cheating on her girl in this age of technology

It is simply more likely the majority is full of immature noseybodies, often with little real life relationship experience, who project an entire lifetime of baggage onto a relationship of two people whose relationship they know nothing about. We all know 1000x more about Drew and Tully's relationship than Tully and Tahlia, yet that has not slowed the Internet love experts down one step when it comes to knowing every single thing about Tully and Tahlia and who is responsible for what and when.

Illogical and poorly thought out ideas do not magically become logical and more well thought out regardless of how many people pursue the same poorly thought out thought processes.

I have been saying since this first became an issue here with Tahlia's tweets that none of us here were or are privy to the details of their relationship so any of us choosing to make bold statements based on non existent information are being foolish.

Since that time, which must be some two months ago, we still know pretty much nothing more about their relationship than we did now, so it is still equally foolish. Tully has chosen to not talk about it at all and Tahlia has given us minuscule tweets that provide no insight at all.

The people who say Tahlia good/Tully Bad are being both ignorant and silly. I myself still have no clue as to what happened, so I don't choose to just fill in the blanks with make believe (perhaps to fill some longstanding relationship hole in my heart).

Instead I flat out say "Relatinships are all super complicated. That Tully was in a lesbian relationship that moved into a guy relationship likely ups the complication factor by a magnitude of ten. Since I don't know much except that Tahlia apparently dumped Tully that is where my judgment begins and ends. Tully is free to move on and Tahlia SHOULD be moving on."

People wantng to expand the tiny morsels of knowledge of Tully and Tahlia's relationship to the point of Tully deserving to be punished or Tahlia being owed something more are just unpacking their own baggage. Based on what little we know neither of those things are actually appropriate and the only normal response to such little information is to wish them both luck in moving on. Nothing else makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back