Skip to main content

Post BB - Housemate Antics 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I have been wondering how anything that Drew and Tully could be classified as 'cheating' (i.e. unfaithfulness). Only thirteen year old middle school girls would define their behavior that way.
Then Tully must be a 13yrold middle school girl as it was she herself who described their behaviour that way.

Last edited:
Yes, I have been wondering how anything that Drew and Tully could be classified as 'cheating' (i.e. unfaithfulness). Only thirteen year old middle school girls would define their behavior that way.

Let me see if I understand you correctly. Are you saying that, like Christ who died to redeem man kind, are you saying that Tahlia is now suffering on a cross as a beacon to all the "betrayed"? Is there a cult of Tahlia to be formed? Could Tahlia become the patron saint of the "betrayed"?

I think you need perspective!

No, clearly I am not describing Tahlia that way. Strawman much?

It is simply more likely the majority is full of immature noseybodies, often with little real life relationship experience, who project an entire lifetime of baggage onto a relationship of two people whose relationship they know nothing about. We all know 1000x more about Drew and Tully's relationship than Tully and Tahlia, yet that has not slowed the Internet love experts down one step when it comes to knowing every single thing about Tully and Tahlia and who is responsible for what and when.

Illogical and poorly thought out ideas do not magically become logical and more well thought out regardless of how many people pursue the same poorly thought out thought processes.

I have been saying since this first became an issue here with Tahlia's tweets that none of us here were or are privy to the details of their relationship so any of us choosing to make bold statements based on non existent information are being foolish.

Since that time, which must be some two months ago, we still know pretty much nothing more about their relationship than we did now, so it is still equally foolish. Tully has chosen to not talk about it at all and Tahlia has given us minuscule tweets that provide no insight at all.

The people who say Tahlia good/Tully Bad are being both ignorant and silly. I myself still have no clue as to what happened, so I don't choose to just fill in the blanks with make believe (perhaps to fill some longstanding relationship hole in my heart).

Instead I flat out say "Relatinships are all super complicated. That Tully was in a lesbian relationship that moved into a guy relationship likely ups the complication factor by a magnitude of ten. Since I don't know much except that Tahlia apparently dumped Tully that is where my judgment begins and ends. Tully is free to move on and Tahlia SHOULD be moving on."

People wantng to expand the tiny morsels of knowledge of Tully and Tahlia's relationship to the point of Tully deserving to be punished or Tahlia being owed something more are just unpacking their own baggage. Based on what little we know neither of those things are actually appropriate and the only normal response to such little information is to wish them both luck in moving on. Nothing else makes sense.

You are my hero.

According to Tully's tweets, Drew will be spending the day at Newtown with her and Tim.

none of us here were or are privy to the details of their relationship so any of us choosing to make bold statements based on non existent information are being foolish.

Since that time, which must be some two months ago, we still know pretty much nothing more about their relationship than we did now, so it is still equally foolish. Tully has chosen to not talk about it at all and Tahlia has given us minuscule tweets that provide no insight at all.

The people who say Tahlia good/Tully Bad are being both ignorant and silly. I myself still have no clue as to what happened, so I don't choose to just fill in the blanks with make believe (perhaps to fill some longstanding relationship hole in my heart).
I don't get why people keep saying things like this. We DO know that Tully cheated on Tahlia. Both of them have acknowledged this, and Drew was (and is) aware that Tully was cheating. It's really that simple. That's what the issue is. Not what is happening now. It's the base fact that Tully cheated that is what is causing people to give her heat. Followed up by a glaring lack of remorse (actions do speak louder than words). Tully is a cheater. We don't need to know any more 'details' to form an opinion about that fact.

It is simply more likely the majority is full of immature noseybodies, often with little real life relationship experience, who project an entire lifetime of baggage onto a relationship of two people whose relationship they know nothing about. We all know 1000x more about Drew and Tully's relationship than Tully and Tahlia, yet that has not slowed the Internet love experts down one step when it comes to knowing every single thing about Tully and Tahlia and who is responsible for what and when.

Illogical and poorly thought out ideas do not magically become logical and more well thought out regardless of how many people pursue the same poorly thought out thought processes.

I have been saying since this first became an issue here with Tahlia's tweets that none of us here were or are privy to the details of their relationship so any of us choosing to make bold statements based on non existent information are being foolish.

Instead I flat out say "Relatinships are all super complicated. That Tully was in a lesbian relationship that moved into a guy relationship likely ups the complication factor by a magnitude of ten. Since I don't know much except that Tahlia apparently dumped Tully that is where my judgment begins and ends. Tully is free to move on and Tahlia SHOULD be moving on."

People wantng to expand the tiny morsels of knowledge of Tully and Tahlia's relationship to the point of Tully deserving to be punished or Tahlia being owed something more are just unpacking their own baggage. Based on what little we know neither of those things are actually appropriate and the only normal response to such little information is to wish them both luck in moving on. Nothing else makes sense.

I find it interesting you think no one should comment, via a BB discussion forum, from the tidbits of information we have about two people that are part of the BB circus but yet there you are making assumptions on forum members life experiences when you yourself don't even have a tidbit of information to go on. At least we actually have 'tidbits'.
This is a discussion forum with many different topics, not just a forum for housemate appreciation threads. If we all just take the line, "oh we don't know the full story, so should shut our mouths" then what the hell are we doing here? We form an opinion on the information we do have, I don't see anyone making things up, it's an analysis on what we do know, or what has been presented from in and out of the house, and only that.

Last edited:
Drew is in Sydney

He looks a bit like he should have gone to sleep earlier. Why was he up so late last night if he had an early morning flight :p

Apparently people are hearing on the radio that Drew and Tully are getting married? Surely this is just another Woman's Day ad except on the radio instead of TV this time? Does Woman's Day Magazine run ads on radio as well?

Might knock some sense into him! :p

ryanlochte-explains-jeah-gif_1850081.gif

Aw god I hate that Jeah crap!

You don't think that single girls should be allowed to make public declarations of love?

No problem with that at all - declare away! But if you're doing it publically and you're a "media strategist" - expect the backlash given the circumstances.

She would totally be loving the backlash. After all, she's proud of the fact she trended worldwide on twitter, no doubt she knows this was predominetly due to the backlash itself.

Thanks for the update. Tully looks happy. Drew is looking bad ass there, seems a little agro tho. Don't want to see a fall from grace, it's really not appealing.

I've actually gotta agree with this. I'll admit, I did find the arguing with fans amusing, and you could even write it off as somewhat romantic because it started by him defending Tully...however a trend really is becoming apparent. Drew doesn't seem like the type that would care too much about his image, but I do have a feeling he's heading down a dangerous road given how many young fans worship him.

Thanks for the update. Tully looks happy. Drew is looking bad ass there, seems a little agro tho. Don't want to see a fall from grace, it's really not appealing.

Your reading to much into a posed photo. Drew seems to like the moody stare pose bit like some like to stick their tongue out.

I've actually gotta agree with this. I'll admit, I did find the arguing with fans amusing, and you could even write it off as somewhat romantic because it started by him defending Tully...however a trend really is becoming apparent. Drew doesn't seem like the type that would care too much about his image, but I do have a feeling he's heading down a dangerous road given how many young fans worship him.

I kinda feel the same
I loved him on the show but outside I'm starting to get over him

Yep. Tim is letting it all out in his interviews.

Best news so far - Tim and Drew are going to South America!! Wish they would tape that so we can see what they get into.

couldn't you see channel 9 picking up that show like hamish & andy's gap year?

Yea I get the moody stare pose. Combine it with the bird finger though and it becomes the 'fk-you all' pose. Just my observation :)

Don't worry I'm sure some R&R with Tully will raise a smile from him.
I do hope BB are looking after him its an intense experience to come out of the house and having to deal with masses of fans, that could be overwhelming to most people.

the other thing is when they are posing for shots with people all around them they probably are trying to change the look from time to time so there are not hundreds of photos alll the smae

I'm totally over the tongue stcking out tho - Jade and Ed seem to be favouring this? wth?

However they are no different to most young people I know to whom having their photo taken by older adults is particularly seen as a total drag - my sons manage to spoil just about every attempt I make to take a "nice photo" of them ... unless I tell them "this is for your grandparents - now look at the camera and smile properly and don't spoil it for them!!" and then (and only then) do I get a nice normal shot without grimacing, tongue sticking out or gestures with their hands ... the fact that people are constantly taking selfies and posting them everywhere and they are highly disposable images makes their mindset totally different to those of us who remember the days of having to wait to get photos developed and not wasting a shot because it cost $$ to get them developed and to buy more film ...

<kids these days! I tell ya!>

Don't worry I'm sure some R&R with Tully will raise a smile from him.
I do hope BB are looking after him its an intense experience to come out of the house and having to deal with masses of fans, that could be overwhelming to most people.
Yep, you may be right. He can't risk losing that massive charm he had and I do want to see him cope - I have been a fan since he walked in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back