Skip to main content

Opinion on Sonia? (vs Gretel?)

LOVING SONIA TONIGHT

Tbh, she's perfect for this. Yessss im happy :D

yep, she's doing really great tonight.

Much more relaxed and enthused and curious, I think she's going to evolve very nicely - and when she gets a chance to apply the naughty wit should be fab.

Gretel was like Mum, then deteriorated into grumpy old gran. Sonia is more like a sister persona so far.

Rather wooden, I thought.

Focus too much on the autocue. Sure, she's always going to ask those questions of the HMs, but their answers weren't scripted. Many were begging for follow-up, but because she was sticking to the script, that never happened.

Gretel would've eaten Bradley alive (and still left him wanting more).

But it's early days. I reckon she'll settle in when she's dealing with the house, not a crowd.

Rather wooden, I thought.

Focus too much on the autocue. Sure, she's always going to ask those questions of the HMs, but their answers weren't scripted. Many were begging for follow-up, but because she was sticking to the script, that never happened.

Gretel would've eaten Bradley alive (and still left him wanting more).

But it's early days. I reckon she'll settle in when she's dealing with the house, not a crowd.

She's going to play it safe until she starts fitting into the role more imo.

I was really happy tonight, she's doing gr8

Gretel was the best BB Host, has everyone forgoten the mess Sonja made of dancing with the stars?, I will be watching but wish they brought back Gretel. How sad was Kyle Sandilands when he attempted to host.

I'm just not feeling her connection with the show. It seems as if it's just another hosting job she doesn't feel any proper attachment to.

I like Sonja, but - Gretal had that inquisitive.. pointy.. personality.. Like, she would stick her nose in and say how she felt. Where as Sonja is just trying to 'host' the show.. but is ok, she's only just starting.

I think I know the secret behind Gretel's success in hosting BB. It was her writing talent that brought the live shows together. Behind the scenes she wrote her own scripts (and who could forget those interesting metaphors she used throughout). It was second nature to her (which is why she handled an on-stage blackout very well). Sonia's problem is that she is not Gretel, but otherwise Sonia's not doing too bad IMHO.

Sonia needs to be a bit more of a bitch.

It will come when she's not so nervous and she has plenty to pick at the housemates for. It would have been good to see her insult Ryan tonight rather than feeding his ego.

Let's be real about this.

Is she a better host than Kyle and Jackie O? Hands down.

Is she a better host than Gretel? Not really.

The thing that a lot of people don't understand is that Gretel wrote her own lines, she had creative input in to the live shows, and actually stuck to her guns about a lot of things when she was told no by Howard and Co in the production office.

Sonia is great on her feet, can ab-lib very well and once she gets over the nerves of doing live television as the host she will come in to form, but she won't be a Gretel clone.

Tonight's biggest problems were that she clearly couldn't hear the producers in her ear, and there were errors in the autocue which did not prompt her to spin around and look at the screen when she was supposed to.

Where is the professionalism?
At least the foundation should be there.
Wooden on stage with terrible dress sense along with her patronising / play-schoolish slow explanations makes me dislike her muchly...

I loved Gretel but she had years to make it her own.
I think Sonia is good and it's early days as she gets into her groove I reckon she will be great. I'm liking her. And I loved her
Silver pants on night 1. She dresses far better than Gretel and who said you have to act like an old school head mistress at 46? Sonia's got it going on, all those years she danced paid off

Like others have said, Gretel was amazing.

And I think Sonia will do a great job too. She's witty and funny (from what I've seen on Dancing with the Stars) and I think she is probably just nervous about it. No wonder, a large crowd + lots of viewers at home + lots of pressure to "make it work". I think she's doing a good job, and I think she'll evolve as the series continues.

Sonja did well - I will always love Gretel but it's impossible (at least for me) to compare a woman who's hosted it for 2 nights versus someone who hosted for 7 years! Still, a very good start.

Back