Skip to main content

Opinion on Sonia? (vs Gretel?)

I

istantalent

I actually didn't think she did too badly last night, she was a LITTLE awkward due to opening night nerves probably, but i think this is a role she's going to grow into. I do miss Gretel but i think that's more to do with the general nostalgia of the older seasons, but i'm also happy with some of the changes.

I love Sonia's personality. Gretel was bitchy - even though I do have a soft spot for her.

Only seen one ep so far - lets see how she goes tonight!

I love Sonia's personality. Gretel was bitchy - even though I do have a soft spot for her.

Only seen one ep so far - lets see how she goes tonight!

YES Sonia is good, and is only going to get better.

Ding dong, the witch and the vile one are dead.

Considering it was her first episode of this program, I totally understand.
I found that things were overdone, particularly her opening line after her shuffle: "One winner, you decide!", which was not meant to be said so hyperactively.

We'll see how she goes, hopefully she can ease into it.

Hopefully she begins to actually give a shit about the ins-and-outs of the show that we understand and what Gretel understood.

too early to really judge sonia yet but hopefully she will improve
they need to dump the microphone and use the ear pieces that gretel used looks out dated using a
hand held mic these days
gretel had a warmth with her and connected better to the hm's

If you remember the first series opening was quite awkward too, Sharna even said to Gretel about the "rent a crowd". I hated Sonia on Dancing (Well hated dancing too) but she was better than I expected, hopefully improves like Gretel did as the season goes on

I miss Gretal! Although i do think Sonia was pretty good last night. I use to loathe her and was very ticked off when i found out she got the job.I'm hoping Sonia is less stagey with her comments and is a bit more natural and quick witted i think that what people like about a host.

Gretal was getting a bit negative and aggresive and seemed to be bigger than the producers. But she did seem to relax the HMs and generally relate to them better.

Time will tell i guess.

Imo...

Gretel = Sonia >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Vile and Wacky'O

Sonia DUCKFACE Kruger should realise she is 46 years old and get old gracefully. She has one of the most disgusting BOTOXED faces I have seen since I watched THE SHIRE for 5 minutes. It took 4 minutes 45 seconds for me to find the remote. You cant tell if she is happy, angry or upset. Sonia, you are a botox shocker. There, I have told the world!!!
If anyone can find a recent photo of her with a WRINKLE in it put it up on the forum.

Last edited:
We don't need to get into personal comments about people and about their physical features or anything offensive...

Sonia DUCKFACE Kruger should realise she is 46 years old and get old gracefully. She has one of the most disgusting BOTOXED faces I have seen since I watched THE SHIRE for 5 minutes. It took 4 minutes 45 seconds for me to find the remote. You cant tell if she is happy, angry or upset. Sonia, you are a botox shocker. There, I have told the world!!!
If anyone can find a recent photo of her with a WRINKLE in it put it up on the forum.

Shes 46? Damn i wont lie, she looks good even if a bit plastic/botoxed. She could pass for 35-40.

I am waiting for the photo....Are you people gunna stick needles in your faces??
DO you know what is in BOTOX???

ac·ces·si·ble/akˈsesəbəl/

Adjective:
(of a place) Able to be reached or entered.
(of an object, service, or facility) Able to be easily obtained or used.

Synonyms:
approachable - available - attainable - come-at-able

Given the pants she wore last night, may I suggest a bottle of champagne coupled with a can opener and you would literally have access to all areas.

I loved Gretel so I definitely miss her as host but I think Sonia did okay. I definitely think she was a little nervous last night but I think she'll be fine as the show progresses. Better than Kyle and Jackie O!

I was always happy with Gretel and I'm just as happy with Sonia. Kyle and Jackie were a mistake, but even with them I was prepared to give them a go.

No one matches Davina though.

Sonia is looking funky tonite, i didn't Know you could get football boots with heels?

I think considering it was her first night she did quite well.

I have the original launch of bb on my comp (2001) and that was awkward. There is a lot riding on this series and her, she has a lot of pressure on her to be good and no doubt some of it showed last night. The more time she works on the show and has the format understood I think she will be great and it will be like the Kyle and Jackie O series never happened.

You have to remember that in 2001 even though it was awkward, everyone was figuring it out as they went along and us as the audience had never seen the show before. This time around people know what Big Brother is and we all have a certain level of expectations, and for them to be able to meet the "audiences expectations" and also re invent the format so it's fresh is difficult. I think from what we have seen so far, they have done a good job at it.

Back