Skip to main content

Online Dating

Columbo

Never again
For some weird reason I have decided to try online dating. I don't know why. But I do have a few questions I want to ask the rest of you people.

What is the best online dating website?

The worst?

Is this a good idea, or is this really stupid?

And most importantly:

Should I put down on my profile that I love listening to Tina Arena?

Depends on what you are looking for, but I think you'll find most have dabbled in some way, I don't think its a bad idea, as long as you smart about it :)

You never know you might find reepbotte who loves Tina too!

Depends on what you are looking for, but I think you'll find most have dabbled in some way, I don't think its a bad idea, as long as you smart about it :)

You never know you might find reepbotte who loves Tina too!

I will be smart about it, or as smart as someone who has never been in a relationship can be.

Do you find for yourself that your successful relationships were the same sort of personality as you?

I will be smart about it, or as smart as someone who has never been in a relationship can be.

Do you find for yourself that your successful relationships were the same sort of personality as you?

My advice, don't get too attached until you actually meet, its very easily to be fun and flirty in messages or over the phone (if it gets that far), try and get to know the basics and then meet up as soon as possible, in a public place, with an exit plan (hey if you need to not use it thats great, but I always have a time limit, just incase... has saved me)

My successful relationships have been with people who are quite opposite of me, but they complement in some ways, ying to yang, but in saying that, Im single again, so I wouldn't go on that as a good thing haha, depends on how you feel with the person

My advice, don't get too attached until you actually meet, its very easily to be fun and flirty in messages or over the phone (if it gets that far), try and get to know the basics and then meet up as soon as possible, in a public place, with an exit plan (hey if you need to not use it thats great, but I always have a time limit, just incase... has saved me)

My successful relationships have been with people who are quite opposite of me, but they complement in some ways, ying to yang, but in saying that, Im single again, so I wouldn't go on that as a good thing haha, depends on how you feel with the person

Yes, I should work on not getting too attached.

But yeah, I suppose you never really know a person until you meet up with them face to face.

I guess I'll go with my gut instinct.

Yes, I should work on not getting too attached.

But yeah, I suppose you never really know a person until you meet up with them face to face.

I guess I'll go with my gut instinct.

It can be easy to get caught up in the messaging, remember a lot of people are less filtered via text than they are in real life, so I recommend if you feel comfortable and ready meet as soon as possible :)

It can be easy to get caught up in the messaging, remember a lot of people are less filtered via text than they are in real life, so I recommend if you feel comfortable and ready meet as soon as possible :)

That is true. In real life I'm a closed book. A functioning mute.

try and get to know the basics and then meet up as soon as possible

I second this! The faster it moves to "real world" the better. I've spoken to several great people online who I missed the "real world window" with. Too long online and you get comfortable, and lazy with making plans to meet up.

I second this! The faster it moves to "real world" the better. I've spoken to several great people online who I missed the "real world window" with. Too long online and you get comfortable, and lazy with making plans to meet up.

Have you heard of nevermets who like have never met but formed a relationship online? That seems weird even for me.

Exactly or time is wasted getting to know people who actually want to

Could that happen when intentions are not made clear from the start?

Lots of reasons I guess, depending on the persons involved, but it happens, people get caught up in it, becomes easy until it becomes hard, it happens just gotta know when to cut it early I guess

Have you heard of nevermets who like have never met but formed a relationship online? That seems weird even for me.

Yeah, I don't think I could do that. I mean, I have many friendships that are strictly online, but I dunno, I guess being in a relationship is a little different. One of my friends was in something like that last year and I encouraged her to get out of it because it didn't seem logical, ha.

And to you :) I would like to hear your experiences if you willing to share :)

Only if I have any luck, which I doubt I will.[DOUBLEPOST=1425885455][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah, I don't think I could do that. I mean, I have many friendships that are strictly online, but I dunno, I guess being in a relationship is a little different. One of my friends was in something like that last year and I encouraged her to get out of it because it didn't seem logical, ha.

At some point you just have to meet don't you?

At some point you just have to meet don't you?

Definitely. In 2013 I went overseas and I stayed with a friend that I had been friends with online for eight years, and we unfortunately didn't really get along too well in real life! So yeah, you never know about true compatibility until you have real, human contact.

Back