New Zealand Survivor

Discussion in 'The Rabbit's Ears' started by BigBrotherCritic, May 8, 2017.

1. starry

starry Well-Known Member

The outpost challenges haven't really worked, the idea seemed to be to get cross-tribe alliances but they are too suspicious of each other.

The guy who acts camp seemed to be getting built up for a fall this episode with some rather over-confident confessionals, it didn't happen (they had to contrive some idol suspense) but I wonder if things might go against him soon if he gets an unfavourable edit.

timmydownawell likes this.
  2. starry

starry Well-Known Member

Well that was the best episode by far, spoilers ahead if you haven't seen ep 5 yet.

The reward challenge wasn't properly tested? They didn't show everything being tested when it got introduced, like the US version always does.

I thought it was a bit strange having someone go to the presenter to get the idol, on the US version they'd probably just be told by the cameraman that it will be put in their bag if they want it back. If it was a factor in them not voting for Eve then it really messed up what could have been a great ending.

It can seem very dark at these tribals, with the flame light flickering across people's faces adding to the atmosphere.

3. timmydownawell

timmydownawell 100% Free. Apply now! Awesome site donor

One of two rookie errors in this ep. CBS has a 'dream team' who run through all the challenges prior to shooting them to make sure they play out ok but I guess TVNZ doesn't? As soon as they started spinning really fast I thought 'oh, that doesn't look good', and sure enough... Obviously they then realised that part of the challenge was not safe so flagged it, but they should have known this ahead of time.

The other error was not having the tribe swap eggs on different platters for men and women to ensure a gender balance on the two mixed tribes.

Dave is mighty fine and those daggy shorts he was wearing at the challenge were rather flattering in their profile lol. I cannot stand Adam. I hate smarmy queens and he is the worst. Ugh. UGH!

4. starry

starry Well-Known Member

They didn't even have to show the mishap, they could just have shown the second part. I suppose they thought it made good drama, but I thought it made them look silly.

timmydownawell likes this.
  5. timmydownawell

timmydownawell 100% Free. Apply now! Awesome site donor

They did sit her out for the rest and they wouldn't have been able to explain why.

starry likes this.