Skip to main content

New Off Topic Thread ..... (Everyone: please be nice)

my working theory is that it is ok to be clingy in relationships but not demanding. and that people who don't like clingy behavior often have low self esteem or are unsure of who they are so they try many different personalities on depending on who they are close to, or are pretending to be close to, at the time.

my working theory is that it is ok to be clingy in relationships but not demanding. and that people who don't like clingy behavior often have low self esteem or are unsure of who they are so they try many different personalities on depending on who they are close to, or are pretending to be close to, at the time.

What a load of rubbish.

My thoughts exactly. Reepbot, wouldn't it make more sense for the clingy person to be the one with low self esteem, hence being clingy and probably needy?

No, only because I think being clingy is a good thing and the word has been misused by angry people with low self esteem who pretend to be nice to you and string you along for their own amusement.

:(

imagine going around the world in a hot air balloon. that would be rather coool. wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, watch out for that wind. wheeeee.

No, only because I think being clingy is a good thing and the word has been misused by angry people with low self esteem who pretend to be nice to you and string you along for their own amusement.

:(
A strong healthy relathionship can be where two people enjoy spending time together but are comfortable and confident in themselves each other and thier relationship that they can be independent as well. Clinginess to me is either a sign of a desire to weild power and control over the other, or that you cannot trust them, neither of which indicates a healthy relationship to me.

A strong healthy relathionship can be where two people enjoy spending time together but are comfortable and confident in themselves each other and thier relationship that they can be independent as well. Clinginess to me is either a sign of a desire to weild power and control over the other, or that you cannot trust them, neither of which indicates a healthy relationship to me.

I define the word clingy differently to you. Do you think i would be the type of person, from what you have seen on here, who in any way shape or form desires power or control over the other?

I define the word clingy differently to you. Do you think i would be the type of person, from what you have seen on here, who in any way shape or form desires power or control over the other?
It is hard to assess someone based on an internet persona alone

@Isee, have you ever been in a hot air balloon? what was it like?
Nope, in theory it seems cool and romantic in reality based on how I have felt on that ride across the lake at dreamland I would not handle the slow movement at height well. Thats just me though.

Nope, in theory it seems cool and romantic in reality based on how I have felt on that ride across the lake at dreamland I would not handle the slow movement at height well. Thats just me though.

yes, thinking about it i would dislike it too. it would frighten and disgust me.

Back