Skip to main content

New Off Topic Thread ..... (Everyone: please be nice)

@Isee, have you ever been to a school reunion? i haven't. i was just looking through some pictures of a reunion that my high school class had last year. strange how some people looked completely different and others haven't changed at all.

@Isee, have you ever been to a school reunion? i haven't. i was just looking through some pictures of a reunion that my high school class had last year. strange how some people looked completely different and others haven't changed at all.
Nope really wouldn't want to

No, only because I think being clingy is a good thing and the word has been misused by angry people with low self esteem who pretend to be nice to you and string you along for their own amusement.

:(

Sounds very personal, is that about Inigo or your online dating?
Neither being very reliable sources of ordinary relationships in your 20s

A clinger would drive me nuts........and my experience of clinging is when the relationship is over, the clinger refuses to get out of your way, clinging and begging and clinging ....and that just makes you run for dear life, more they cling the more you can't stand 'em.

Clinging is never good, implies weak hanging on and subservience. What is your definition of clingy? Are you confusing that with affection, intimacy, tactile cuddling and stuff?

I think you will find pretty much everyone hates a clinger, especially healthy independent confident people, a clinger would slow such a person down and bore them, angry low self esteemed....yeah I can see that person not coping with clinging, same as anyone.
I imagine the only lover of a clingon would be a perpetrated of domestic violence, they want clingers.

I have been to 2 school reunions, they were great fun, got to tell old nuns they were mean and strange but I understood you were young and out of your depth.
I guess it depends how you feel about your school and experience, i loved a lot of my fellow students, and my old school is kicking arse for females.
Go it is fun.

my definition of clingy is:

- wanting to email/message/text each other all the time

face to face? i don't really care tbh

Reactions: kxk
Well then that sounds kind of ridiculous, you can't really CLING unless it is in person, Koala like....sounds like you have been the victim of an abuser, as I said they like to collect clingers so they can abuse them....

Could Inigo be hiding the fact you intimidate her......you are far more intelligent and possibly she lacks the intellect to communicate with you properly, so she withdraws rather than have you challenge her.

Some people hide their lack of perception, like one of my exes, after breaking up, during a phone conversation he asked me to explain 3 words i use commonly, and he tells me he often had no idea what I was talking about, sheesh.

If it is just online attention - well she doesn't have to respond, clinging at a distance seems an odd idea

I want to go ballooning one day before I depart this world, top of my bucket list, looks so peaceful and ancient and lovely
And i hate heights, never used to it is growing as i age
I used to want to skydive before death too, might do that still, but shit it would terrify me now
I used to like thrills and scares, my sis and I used to take a ride on the big dipper before clubbing - get the juices going, made us laugh back then

Back