Skip to main content

Most universally liked and disliked BB HMs

I never saw seasons 1,2 & 3.

Watched a few episodes of season 3 & I can't understand the love for Reggie.

IMO: She was a bitch & full of shit.

I detested Emma from which ever year it was. (not Emma Gawned, although I didn't like her much either)

That horrid bitchy thing she was.

Emma Cornell 2007.

I think part of Reggie's appeal was that she came across as a bit 'simple' and naive and therefore lovable to some people I guess. But a lot of what came out of her mouth was downright disgusting, especially comments she made about her husband. Yet they were sugarcoated because of this perception of her. *shrugs*

It takes more than to come across as simple bogan for a housemate to endear him/herself to me so her 'charms' never worked on me.

I never got the appeal of Chrissie. It'd be interesting to have a thread on, 'popularity of housemates that you just didn't get.' Or maybe it can be covered in here.

But yeah with Reggie, I remember when we first met her husband on one of the shows, he seemed like a really nice guy who was getting a raw deal from the way she was talking about him. Obviously they shouldn't have stayed together. They started a life together, had a business and she wasn't satisfied with that life. Which happens to a lot of people, especially when they get married young. However still, the public forum for it, the way people were all, 'leave you're husband' as if he wasn't a real person with real feelings. It always made me a bit uncomfortable.

I also wonder how much of her simpleton appeal was people laughing at her, versus finding he naivete endearing.

I am always a bit off with the housemates I like and dislike though. I for instanced loved Bridgette Princess Sparkles on the show. Where as I think some people just characteristed her as a spoiled little brat and then closed themselves off to enjoying her entertainment value on the show. Entertainment value doesn't mean you want to be friends with them or anything like that.

Which actually saying that gives me an idea. How about we have a Big Brother where literally we get told nothing about contestants. Or very little. There is a way of BB trying to paint who people are before they go into the show. From the way their packages are, how they are describe by the hosts, how they describe themselves. It'd be cool to literally have no information. Or simple like, 'Sarah, from Melbourne and 30.' With BB to do the best they can to never characterize that housemate.

The few episodes I saw, I felt sorry for Reggie's now ex husband.

Reggie wanted out of Tassie & her marriage & BB was the way to do that.

She also wanted to be famous, is famous only for saying bugger & ripping into her husband at the time & for getting ripped off of $40,000 of her winnings.

Didn't Chrissie read all the time. (Boring as bat shit)

I detested enEmma from which ever year it was. (not Emma Gawned, although I didn't like her much either)

That horrid bitchy thing she was.
HAHA.... "I'm not being nasty but...." then she would go onto say something really mean and nasty. Yes she was a bitch, but after she got evicted the house got really boring.

Really?

Give me 10 Jamies before I'll take one Ben 12. Jamie was a wanker but fairly innocuous non entity after looking past that flaw in his personality. However there's nothing redeemable about that relentlessly bitchy piece of human excrement who won in '12.

The more he tore down people(especially Estelle) through ridicule, mocking and exclusion the happier he seemed to get. He falls under the classic definition of a sociopath; charming in the exterior but once you scratch the surface full vile and hate in the interior. For those he deemed worthless of course, he had all the time in the world for his arse lickers. Although he did from time to time turn on Stacca as well, not that that should come as a surprise.

Sick sick puppy that imbecile was. This is the type of individual that causes people to take their lives in the workplace. Like I said disgusting sad excuse of a human being, it's was a sad day in the history of BB when he was rewarded with being annointed as the winner just because insecure gays felt it was time a 'gay' won. Pathetic.

...I totally agree with Connoisseur and others about Ben... he was a nasty piece of work and should never had won... that was sooooo wrong in my opinion... and my favourite is probably Tim Brunero... the runner up for 2005... remember him?...

...then...

Tim2.jpg

...and more recently...

r1218531_15942320.jpg

...he was a bit of an oddball at the time... what I mean by that is... he was intelligent... probably not the best looker among the males to the females at the time... he didn't mind saying what he thought... he laughed along with others in regards to them having a joke at his expense... and from memory was never actually intentionally nasty to anybody in general...

...Big Brother opened up a number of windows for him as it turned out... here is an article written by him on his experiences in Big Brother...

http://acma.gov.au/webwr/_assets/main/lib101055/179brunerot.pdf

...it really is an interesting read... I so enjoyed watching his stay in the house that year... more so than any others since... (Tim this year was fun to watch for me though I must admit and I'm glad that he actually won it)... cheers.

...in continuation of my post above about Tim Brunero... here is a promo video of himself on Big Brother at the time... I think that this is what initially endeared himself to me at the time lol!... cheers.

...I totally agree with Connoisseur and others about Ben... he was a nasty piece of work and should never had won... that was sooooo wrong in my opinion... and my favourite is probably Tim Brunero... the runner up for 2005... remember him?...

...then...

View attachment 39041

...and more recently...

View attachment 39042

...he was a bit of an oddball at the time... what I mean by that is... he was intelligent... probably not the best looker among the males to the females at the time... he didn't mind saying what he thought... he laughed along with others in regards to them having a joke at his expense... and from memory was never actually intentionally nasty to anybody in general...

...Big Brother opened up a number of windows for him as it turned out... here is an article written by him on his experiences in Big Brother...

...it really is an interesting read... I so enjoyed watching his stay in the house that year... more so than any others since... (Tim this year was fun to watch for me though I must admit and I'm glad that he actually won it)... cheers.

I am with you on this one, Tim 05 remains my favourite housemate of all time and its not even close. What did you think when he did the Current Affair interview where he talked about his plan going in? I have seen some people take issue with that (although I am not one of them).

I am with you on this one, Tim 05 remains my favourite housemate of all time and its not even close. What did you think when he did the Current Affair interview where he talked about his plan going in? I have seen some people take issue with that (although I am not one of them).

...I can honestly say that I haven't seen that clip... I have only seen the one that I posted above... is it on YouTube?... I'd like to see that... I might see if I can hunt it down... cheers.

...Tim usually was total fun most of the time but at times he also had his more serious side too... this is one time on 'Big Brother Uncut' where Tim got confrontational with someone... (Kate)... because he was annoyed about her Homophobia... he was genuinely shocked by her and upped her about it... as I said... I really like him on the show... he was so interesting to watch... cheers.

...what an excellent clip that was Straight Edged Society... thanks for posting it... Tim actually talks about that in the link that I provided above... (this one)...

...I think that it's quite ironic that 'The Chaser' team were behind it to be honest... they are the experts at gate-crashing TV shows... official motorcades ... etc... it's only fitting that they have a 'plant' inside the Big Brother house to me to be honest lol!... basically Tim's a journalist at heart... as far as he would've been concerned at the time was that he was 'going undercover' to get the scoop on what REALLY happens in Big Brother lol!... I can understand a lot of people getting upset about it though...

...anyhow... basically ALL of the contestants going into the house now want it to be their '15 minutes of fame' which will hopefully springboard them into TV careers... Tim was way ahead of his time in doing it back then... well that's my take on it anyway... again... thanks for that clip... it was great... cheers.

...what an excellent clip that was Straight Edged Society... thanks for posting it... Tim actually talks about that in the link that I provided above... (this one)...

...I think that it's quite ironic that 'The Chaser' team were behind it to be honest... they are the experts at gate-crashing TV shows... official motorcades ... etc... it's only fitting that they have a 'plant' inside the Big Brother house to me to be honest lol!... basically Tim's a journalist at heart... as far as he would've been concerned at the time was that he was 'going undercover' to get the scoop on what REALLY happens in Big Brother lol!... I can understand a lot of people getting upset about it though...

...anyhow... basically ALL of the contestants going into the house now want it to be their '15 minutes of fame' which will hopefully springboard them into TV careers... Tim was way ahead of his time in doing it back then... well that's my take on it anyway... again... thanks for that clip... it was great... cheers.

Of course it was, my bad. Its been a while since I read it.

Like I said disgusting sad excuse of a human being, it's was a sad day in the history of BB when he was rewarded with being annointed as the winner just because insecure gays felt it was time a 'gay' won. Pathetic.
At least he had a nice sense of humor and a following in the house. Btw, I'm sure many voters were female rather than gays (seriously, since when are gays the majority now?). Or just, people in general. The dude was still likable for me despite his 'nastiness'.

Terrence, Rory, Zoran and Jamie '06 were not so likable.

tumblr_md4bt0YGmm1qeb7qjo9_250.gif

One of the best moments. I really liked Ben 2012

Back