Skip to main content

Most universally liked and disliked BB HMs

APABLD

I really don't think there's a housemate that absolutely everyone likes or everyone hates, but in your opinion, who do you think is the most universally liked housemate and most universally disliked from all BB Aus seasons?

Most universally liked would have to be Sara-Marie or Reggie. Most universally disliked would probably be one of the male bullies from the 2005 series or Nobbi2008.

Not sure I agree but Reggie would have to be wideoy considered the most popular. I think Michelle from 07 was pretty widely disliked amongst the house and the viewers too.

I never liked Sara Marie. Reggie was sympathetic because she had the intelligence of a ant, but seemed like a good person. However people then ignored the fact she actually said awful things about people, including her then husband.

Most hated, Ben 2012, Terri and Terrance 2008

Um, nominating two winners as the most universally hated housemates doesn't make a lot of sense.

I'd say Josh (2012) was overwhelmingly liked.

So Tony Abbott won the election and he's a prick that most people hate.

Yeah but there was a very strong dislike from Ben among a lot of people. His popularity came from people who enjoyed his silly side. Which unfortunately this version of BB is more on the superficial side of a social experiment. Those that watched the show with an eye to this, not the light entertainment way, were predominately disgusted by his behaviors and who he was as a person. But he did silly faces, tilted his head and that's all people saw and voted for. Instead of him being the orchestrator of the social divide and bullying in the house, who was a compulsive liar and manipulator.

Terri winning was rigged by BB. BB that year wanted an older person, and they did everything they damn well could to keep her in the house. She got evicted. They brought her back. She had a task to become a housemate or leave. She failed that. They let her stay. At every opportunity they talked about how great she was. Remember back then there were BB shows where people discussed openly. There was constant stuff from Mike G and others about how wonderful she is and that she should win. The edit was extremely in her favor. Remember this was an ignorant, racist woman who loved Pauline Hanson. How much of that did we see? Despite the fact she talked about it in the house as we heard from evicted housemates.

To many people her winning and the way BB treated her was the death of the show. Hence she is hated.

Oh and I didn't even explain the most shocking part of her winning. In that eviction, Kyle and Jackie were constantly telling people to vote for her. Mid show they changed the rules to show us the graph with the faces. Ben was winning. The were all, 'if you want terri to win, vote for her now, we won't show the graph again.' Low and behold they ended up extending the voting period, continued telling people to vote for her. Showed the graph again with Ben still winning. Then what do you know, they decided to close the lines once she had more votes. Completely rigged.

So yeah I would say she's pretty disliked among people, both for who she was with a large factor to the way she got special treatment.

Most universally liked would have to be Sara-Marie or Reggie. Most universally disliked would probably be one of the male bullies from the 2005 series or Nobbi2008.

From 2005 I think it was just Dean who would fit the description of a little thug. The rest were mainly your average knockabout blokes but due the feminization of today's society misandrist quickly throw the label of 'bully' to any man who's a bit of an un-pc larrikin.

And the only type of people that had an issue with Nobbie were racists who couldn't stomach an Asian with attitude.

I have a strong dislike for Ben (2012). I think it's so strong because he won though.

Edit: surely he is the most hated winner, yes?

From 2005 I think it was just Dean who would fit the description of a little thug. The rest were mainly your average knockabout blokes but due the feminization of today's society misandrist quickly throw the label of 'bully' to any man who's a bit of an un-pc larrikin.

And the only type of people that had an issue with Nobbie were racists who couldn't stomach an Asian with attitude.
Don't get me wrong, this isn't my opinion of the housemates. I liked Nobbi(I can't say I liked the alpha male group in 2005) but I think overall they were the most hated by the general public.

Don't get me wrong, this isn't my opinion of the housemates. I liked Nobbi(I can't say I liked the alpha male group in 2005) but I think overall they were the most hated by the general public.

It looks like I have a higher opinion of the Australian public than you insider06.

As far as I'm concerned:

racists and misandrists != the majority of the general public

At least I hope so. :(

So Tony Abbott won the election and he's a prick that most people hate.

Well, the sad reality is that there's people out there who don't hate Tony Abbott.

You can spin it how you like, but the most hated person cannot win. They may be liked for superficial or even concocted reasons, but if they are not liked more than the other finalists, they will not win.

No, I think Sweet Geek got it right the first time. Ben 12 was absolute vile human filth if I've ver seen along with his despicable buddies Stacca and Michael, the so-called Unholy Trinity. Only surpassed in said vileness by Carlo and that meathead Dean from 2005 and only because they took their bullying to just a notch higher.

Jamie Brooksby would be contender for that one.

He is definitely a contender, but like connoisseur stated (less dramatically), for me Ben was just plain awful. Jamie was just dopey

Actually that was the first time I had ever approved of the winner.

Really?

Give me 10 Jamies before I'll take one Ben 12. Jamie was a wanker but fairly innocuous non entity after looking past that flaw in his personality. However there's nothing redeemable about that relentlessly bitchy piece of human excrement who won in '12.

The more he tore down people(especially Estelle) through ridicule, mocking and exclusion the happier he seemed to get. He falls under the classic definition of a sociopath; charming in the exterior but once you scratch the surface full vile and hate in the interior. For those he deemed worthless of course, he had all the time in the world for his arse lickers. Although he did from time to time turn on Stacca as well, not that that should come as a surprise.

Sick sick puppy that imbecile was. This is the type of individual that causes people to take their lives in the workplace. Like I said disgusting sad excuse of a human being, it's was a sad day in the history of BB when he was rewarded with being annointed as the winner just because insecure gays felt it was time a 'gay' won. Pathetic.

Nelson from 2005 would have to be one of the worst. Sexist, racist, misogynist, arrogant pig. For anyone who remembers that series, it was quite the accomplishment to be considered the worst among them.

Aphrodite 2004 was also incredibly irritating.

Did everyone love Nathan from 02? I feel he would be pretty well liked.
I will second the vote for Nelson as most disliked. Or Michelle.

Or Demi from 07 ohhhh geez does anyone else remember her??

To many people her winning and the way BB treated her was the death of the show. Hence she is hated.

Oh and I didn't even explain the most shocking part of her winning. In that eviction, Kyle and Jackie were constantly telling people to vote for her. Mid show they changed the rules to show us the graph with the faces. Ben was winning. The were all, 'if you want terri to win, vote for her now, we won't show the graph again.' Low and behold they ended up extending the voting period, continued telling people to vote for her. Showed the graph again with Ben still winning. Then what do you know, they decided to close the lines once she had more votes. Completely rigged.

You forgot that after winning, Terri said she was a regular caller to Kyle & Jackie O's radio station.

Back