Skip to main content

MasterChef Australia: Fans & Favourites

Is Jocks "outerwear" what used to be called a carcoat?😂
Too short to be a coat and too long to be a jacket!

Wow, you ladies were busy here tonight!
I was all rugged up ;like a grandpa in front of the fire and didn't even move in the ad breaks.

Poor Alvin!
Or Allan, as Andy seems to think he's called.
Sixth again, it's a shame he couldn't beat his personal best.
As you know, oysters are a no go for me so I thought it all looked horrible.
If I had to eat them it would probably be deep-fried to lose the gooeyness, but I don't really see the point.
I believe they use oyster sauce in some stir-fry dishes though and I have no objection to the flavour, I think it's a texture thing, like snails.

Wow, you ladies were busy here tonight!
I was all rugged up ;like a grandpa in front of the fire and didn't even move in the ad breaks.

Poor Alvin!
Or Allan, as Andy seems to think he's called.
Sixth again, it's a shame he couldn't beat his personal best.
As you know, oysters are a no go for me so I thought it all looked horrible.
If I had to eat them it would probably be deep-fried to lose the gooeyness, but I don't really see the point.
I believe they use oyster sauce in some stir-fry dishes though and I have no objection to the flavour, I think it's a texture thing, like snails.
Oyster sauce is yum imo! And I LOVE snails in champagne and garlic sauce...fond memories of Lazar's Restaurant in Melbourne during the 70s...their food was divine.

Now that I think about it...maybe it was snails in garlic butter and frogs legs in champagne and garlic...whatever...the food was delicious and opened a little Aussie girl into a whole new culinary world. Their Chateaubriand was to die for!

The weather has been cold and wild. I was under a bundle of throws while I watched.

.maybe it was snails in garlic butter and frogs legs in champagne and garlic..
I sampled both snails and frogs legs when I was about 20, in a French restaurant I went to when I still lived in England, and before I gave up eating meat.
I thought snails were like stringy mushrooms, and frogs legs like chicken.

Is Jocks "outerwear" what used to be called a carcoat?😂
Too short to be a coat and too long to be a jacket!
I believe that's what it is.
The weather has been cold and wild. I was under a bundle of throws while I watched.

I sampled both snails and frogs legs when I was about 20, in a French restaurant I went to when I still lived in England, and before I gave up eating meat.
I thought snails were like stringy mushrooms, and frogs legs like chicken.
I remember loving snails, much to my surprise and agree, my memory of frogs legs was they tasted like chicken too.

Truffles, LOL.
I bet you can't get them at Coles.

Poor Billie.
She must lead a pretty boring life if digging out a truffle is one of the most exciting things that's ever happened to her :p

Oh and did Mel eat a glob of raw pork fat?

Truffles, LOL.
I bet you can't get them at Coles.

Poor Billie.
She must lead a pretty boring life if digging out a truffle is one of the most exciting things that's ever happened to her :p

Oh and did Mel eat a glob of raw pork fat?
BUT it was Henry and Anna's farm from MKR! And the puppy Anna was training is all grown up and doing a great job...by the looks of things anyway.

Never seen a truffle in a supermarket...except the chocolate ones...and I don't think they count?

No idea, but I just googled, and a big Tasmanian truffle like the one Daniel had would cost you $150, or $3 per gram!
I think we have one whole truffle farm here in south africa ,and super expensive so thats a no from me
"People in South Africa don't know truffles that well," added Paul Miros, likening their taste to "the smell of a wet forest floor

I couldn't get to see last nights ep today as we had the grandkids all day. Not sure when I'll get to it, but I will.

I've only used truffle oil before. Very earthy.

Julie?
I'm going to have to watch the last 2 eps on fast forward sometime today, we have a lot in this week!

Back