Skip to main content

MasterChef Australia: Fans & Favourites

Yes.
I didn't want to say in case you hadn't seen it yet.
It was quite surprising.
Wow, I'm surprised too, but I'm glad they didn't favour her.
Hopefully I'll be able to catch up.
Thanks for being thoughtful, but you don't have to worry about me, as I'm just happy to find out what's going on.

As soon as I saw that Julie had burnt the bottom of her cake I thought they surely can't save her this time...and thankfully they didn't.

I was surprised she didn't cut the burnt bits off like she did with the raw bits of her cake a few days ago...maybe the burnt bit had gone through the whole cake or it was too thin to try and trim? Dunno but surely she realised that she was gone with what she served them.

She did well though and I'm happy she got as far as she did. Still hope Billie wins.

As soon as I saw that Julie had burnt the bottom of her cake I thought they surely can't save her this time...and thankfully they didn't.

I was surprised she didn't cut the burnt bits off like she did with the raw bits of her cake a few days ago...maybe the burnt bit had gone through the whole cake or it was too thin to try and trim? Dunno but surely she realised that she was gone with what she served them.

She did well though and I'm happy she got as far as she did. Still hope Billie wins.
I think she cut off the burnt bits she could see, but the entire base seemed to be solid and probably not visible from the outside?
I wonder if she would have been saved if she did only serve the good bits, or if the burnt taste permeated the whole thing.

I hope Billie wins too, and did from the start apart from Tommy.

Last edited:
I managed to catch the last 20 minutes on TV this arvo. She also left without a massive sob session.
A few teary eyes, but not the dramatic exit I had thought would happen.

You could see the judges were upset that they had to let Julie go ,I hope Billie wins but I wonder
if Daniel is getting a winners edit,he seems to be all over the place at the moment.

Haha! Back to "home" kitchens! We could all be Masterchefs IF we had the equipment available to them AND the people to clean up after.

Excuse my ignorance...but what is an 'instant pot'?
it's awesome...just made breyani and it took me 8 mins

Oh that looks interesting! I must look into it further.
its great and if you get the one with the airfryer lid you can airfry in it too ,they also have an air-fryer as well.
Plus there are several groups on facebook that shares recipes.I do boiled eggs in 2 minutes...no more stovetop

Back