Skip to main content

MasterChef Australia: Fans & Favourites

It's all about rebuilding Julie Goodwin's confidence isn't it?
She is very good, but she's a nervous wreck.
So either they have predetermined her win, or she's going to be very let down.

I cried at the end when she was explaining how she'd been feeling. I love how open she is about her feelings and vulnerabilities.

It's nice having someone to root for, and is making me more enthused for next week also seeing how the faves were encouraging her on.

I cried at the end when she was explaining how she'd been feeling. I love how open she is about her feelings and vulnerabilities.

It's nice having someone to root for, and is making me more enthused for next week also seeing how the faves were encouraging her on.
Oh don't get me wrong, I think she's adorable and I would love for her to win again and regain her confidence, but only if she does so by cooking fantastic food (which she has so far, and is more than capable of).
I just hope it hasn't been rigged to guarantee the result, or that the judges will shy away from ever criticising her because they think she can't handle it.

Oh don't get me wrong

I wasn't really replying to your post! I just found the confessions moving. I was a bit annoyed with the anxiety in episode one, as it's not exactly fun to watch, but it's placed in a context of redemption and rebirth now! I think she will be fine going out when she goes out (although I would much rather she won than one of the pleased-with-themselves types), but will also be much more settled by the knowledge she's not going to go home in the first elimination, with egg on her face as it were.

I also think it's brave to come back, not only despite a personal crisis of depression, self-doubt, and anxiety, but knowing loads of people were cross when she won and felt she didn't deserve to win. I thought she did, and she had the best book pitch, and that was important in season one.

…a ‘cooking’ challenge is making… a…’Jaffle’?… that’s what I said… a Jaffle… are the Producers that desperate for cooking challenge ideas?… my god… this show sure has passed it’s ‘golden days’ era hasn’t it?… and… to make the show look even shoddier… ‘Zumbo’ is making his return appearance… the most lacklustre ‘Chef‘ to ever make an appearance on TV… the man has absolutely no personality whatsoever… my god it’s going from bad to worse… no wonder I won’t be watching any episodes… sorry to be so negative about this show… but Jaffles and Zumbo?… come on!… cheers.

…a ‘cooking’ challenge is making… a…’Jaffle’?… that’s what I said… a Jaffle… are the Producers that desperate for cooking challenge ideas?… my god… this show sure has passed it’s ‘golden days’ era hasn’t it?… and… to make the show look even shoddier… ‘Zumbo’ is making his return appearance… the most lacklustre ‘Chef‘ to ever make an appearance on TV… the man has absolutely no personality whatsoever… my god it’s going from bad to worse… no wonder I won’t be watching any episodes… sorry to be so negative about this show… but Jaffles and Zumbo?… come on!… cheers.

LOL! Yes what's with this Jaffle Challenge? Can't they just make it simple and just make it a "Sunbeam Toasted Snackmaker Challenge"? LOL! Or even better how about just a basic "Fairy Bread Challenge"? LOL! :D

If they want to be nostalgic and invite Adriano Zumbo back to the Masterchef kitchen again then they should just make them all try and make the almighty classic "Croquembouche" again! LOL! Get the bandaids ready for all the burnt fingers from all that burning hot melting caramel again...lol

Cheers!

I think back to win got back a lot of people that people wanted to see again and they were all on a level playing field. Fans v Favourites is a huge advantage for the Favourites. Julie cooked well but Harry cooked her worst meal of the week by far and still finished 2nd because Chris and Montana completely bombed their cooks, so it was pretty anticlimatic.

But you can only use green.

You have 10 mins.

LOL! **Starts to sort out all the green hundreds and thousands from the other colours in the mixed packet** Damn only got 1 minute left, quick grab a couple of slices of bread chuck on some margarine and quickly throw the few remaining green dots of hundred and thousands on the margarine! **Plates up**

Phew that was a challenge and a half, did not expect that curve ball of having to sort out the green hundreds and thousands from the other colours!

Damn this Masterchef show really does throw some serious curve balls at you doesn't it? LOL! You would think a "Fairy Bread Challenge" would be fairly easy, nope not in this Masterchef kitchen! LOL! :D

Cheers!

LOL! **Starts to sort out all the green hundreds and thousands from the other colours in the mixed packet** Damn only got 1 minute left, quick grab a couple of slices of bread chuck on some margarine and quickly throw the few remaining green dots of hundred and thousands on the margarine! **Plates up**

Phew that was a challenge and a half, did not expect that curve ball of having to sort out the green hundreds and thousands from the other colours!

Damn this Masterchef show really does throw some serious curve balls at you doesn't it? LOL! You would think a "Fairy Bread Challenge" would be fairly easy, nope not in this Masterchef kitchen!

Cheers!

You get disqualified for using margarine.

Damn this Masterchef show really does throw some serious curve balls at you doesn't it? LOL! You would think a "Fairy Bread Challenge" would be fairly easy, nope not in this Masterchef kitchen! LOL! :D

Cheers!

…muwahahahahahahahaha!… funniest post I’ve read for ages!… soooooo bloody funny!… thanks for the belly laugh Converse… (I’m just so happy that I wasn’t drinking my Coffee while reading that because my sweet darling wife would’ve worn it for sure lol!)… and…

… a really funny response too lol!… well done Kaz lol!…

…those 2 posts cracked me up… I showed Mrs Sticky the posts and she cracked up too lol!… funny as… funny as… cheers. 😂🤣😆😡😅

Shame, I liked that contestant who left tonight 😔
Me too.
I would have preferred Harry to go.
Her food has been awful imo and I haven't warmed to her.
I know gender identity is a sensitive thing, but her name change wasn't framed in that context, it just sounded like she changed her name because she didn't like it.

Darn! That's ok judges, I will still continue on my culinary journey and dream of one day becoming the best damn "Fairy Bread" chef this country and possibly the whole world has ever seen! My foodie journey has only just begun. Cheers! LOL! :D

…muwahahahahahahahaha!… funniest post I’ve read for ages!… soooooo bloody funny!… thanks for the belly laugh Converse… (I’m just so happy that I wasn’t drinking my Coffee while reading that because my sweet darling wife would’ve worn it for sure lol!)… and…

… a really funny response too lol!… well done Kaz lol!…

…those 2 posts cracked me up… I showed Mrs Sticky the posts and she cracked up too lol!… funny as… funny as… cheers. 😂🤣😆😡😅

Your welcome mate! LOL! :D I don't know if you ever were around back when channel 10 had the old Masterchef forums? I do remember another time mentioning "fairy bread" and how the the judges would have commented on when tasting the "fairy bread".

**Judges comments after tasting fairy bread**

**Mmmm I just luurve that texture on the pallet of the margarine and the crunchy hundreds and thousands just mincing all together**

**That my friend would have to be the best fairy bread i've ever tasted, please give me the recipe at the end of this show**

**Oh the crunch of those hundreds and thousands is to die for, then you get that lovely margarine taste with the supermarket cheapo bread slices, it's just a match made in heaven**

Cheers! :D

How do you taste that many jaffles 🤮

Don't know maybe they starve themselves beforehand to try and eat as many as they can? LOL!

Anyway I was looking at some of those jaffles and thought well most of them looked a little burnt and would have had a slightly burnt taste to them?

Pity Chris had to go home because his noodles supposedly tasted a little burnt. I also think possibly Harry should have been sent home but they let her survive because they felt bad to send her home because she didn't use the immunity pin?

Congratulations on Minoli for winning the jaffle challenge, it reminds me of the old song "Waffle King" by "Weird Al Yankovic". Waffles or Jaffles? Any difference? LOL! Cheers!

First ever mystery box this will be interesting to see what has changed since then, if they say what had been made back then.

Back