Skip to main content

MasterChef Australia: Fans & Favourites

I hate to admit it, but I'm finding this quite boring after MAFS! Too tame😅
Not looking good for future viewing !

I hate to admit it, but I'm finding this quite boring after MAFS! Too tame😅
Not looking good for future viewing !
I know but I kind of like the change of pace. Everyone’s all kumbaya on MC and it does lack the drama and excitement of MAFS. Perhaps on purpose?

Just popping by to say I LOVE that they've titled it "Fans AND Faves". It's a small thing but does away with the use of "Vs." which has become the more common way of referring to series' concepts like this. It's subtle wording but immediately removes any competitive and divisive implication between contestants, putting everybody on the same playing level.

I still stand by my belief that Ten is the only commercial network in Australia who produces reality TV the best, and who understand and (mostly) executes each of the franchises they own in the way they should be.

I watched a bit of this new series and I noticed that all the judges keep saying on this new show is "Fans Versus Favourites"..lol. Sorry but I just thought I would mention this I know all the promo ads being shown still say that it's "Fans And Faves"...lol

There must have been a bit of a miscommunication between the producers, judges or the promotional team on the correct wording to use for this series..? LOL! :oops:

It now seems channel 10 are also just as good at being the "masters of spin" in their reality show advertising as they are with their reality shows...lol ;)

My partner and I always went to the top restaurants for our birthdays in the early days, and they were fantastic, and then the celebrity chef came into vogue. The plates got bigger, the portions smaller and we were still paying $500 for the pleasure of being ripped off. So we stopped doing it.
Time to get back to, like you said, Meglos, good tasty food. And a decent plate of it .

It's a bit boring. I've never been bored in the first days, even the first weeks, of MC before. I am still getting over the bowl of very tasty cat food, served in what looked like an actual cat food bowl, winning an immunity pin the other night. Mel's wardrobe doesn't suit her, it's all out of proportion. And there seem to be more talking heads, and endless ones with Harry, fastforwarding takes ages to get through them! All very disappointing.

I have to agree that so far it’s all a bit pedestrian…hopefully it will pick up. I think a lot of the problem, as previously commented on, is that some of the dishes are just way too out there and the portions are minuscule. At least we have Julie who is an unpretentious cook and Tommy, Sashi and a few others who know how to feed people tasty and generous dishes.

This cloche picking thing has probably the most fun/ interesting thing so far!

Back