Skip to main content

Masterchef 2019

10 won’t want the show to die so I think they will be very careful who they select as judges next.

I could see Poh, Matt Sinclair and maybe a big international chef being the new judging trio next year.

Rumour: Gary, Matt and George are going to Pay TV, to host a rival show next year
The trio - each on salaries well in excess of $1 million - walked after 10 refused to up their pay by more than 40 per cent, The Age and Sydney Morning Herald understand.

https://www.smh.com.au/entertainmen...-judges-over-pay-dispute-20190723-p52a0j.html

Greedy fucks.

You’d think they could only have asked for this kind of raise if they had another offer on the table. The show is in decline after all.

Tbh I’m really devastated the judges are leaving. Despite concerns and accusations regarding favouritism and rigging, you can’t watch a show for 11 seasons and not get somewhat attached to them. Masterchef won’t be the same next year, and the fact that it’s already decreased over 40% in ratings since 2015 makes me think this show may continue to sink deeper and deeper and that it now entering the end of its life cycle, just as TEN’s other shows did such as Biggest Loser and Big Brother. All in all I’m really hopping Tessa wins tonight despite the dislike towards her on this forum. In my opinion she is the best cook of this years group and has performed consistently throughout.

Tbh I’m really devastated the judges are leaving. Despite concerns and accusations regarding favouritism and rigging, you can’t watch a show for 11 seasons and not get somewhat attached to them. Masterchef won’t be the same next year, and the fact that it’s already decreased over 40% in ratings since 2015 makes me think this show may continue to sink deeper and deeper and that it now entering the end of its life cycle, just as TEN’s other shows did such as Biggest Loser and Big Brother. All in all I’m really hopping Tessa wins tonight despite the dislike towards her on this forum. In my opinion she is the best cook of this years group and has performed consistently throughout.

Yeah and I hope Ali is a judge next year...

Oh dear, this isn't going to go well for me as I have an early start at work tomorrow. I'm going to have to have an extra glass of wine and still leave the second half until tomorrow.
Going to keep the recording in my archive as I don't want to forget George Gary and Matt.
Marco PW as another option for next year! (I think that's already been said)

Someone on Twitter suggested Poh Ling Yeow, Kylie Kwong and Maggie Beer as judges. I could get behind that. All relatable and familiar to viewers plus a nice twist to go from all men to all women.

Back