Skip to main content

Masterchef 2016

delcan

Future Real Housewife
Awesome site donor
OMG - just saw an ad for it during the I'm a Celeb finale - so excited!

Heston Blumenthal and Marco Pierre White are back. Nigella Lawson is also taking part this year.

Speaking of Heston - he's new series starts on SBS March 31 - Inside Heston's World.

Let the speculation begin.

I'm so exicted last year was a great series and i even loved it kroe knowing my very own cousin was on the show! It was a great series and the cooks where fantastic. Loved Billie and I ever so enjoyed everyone crapping on about how Rose made it so far! I for one cannot physically wait for this!

It's time for some real cooking, after the bitchfest of MKR. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy both, but MasterChef is the most authentic.
I am one of those picky people who doesn't like talent shows, cooking shows, renovations shows. I like tacky voyeur shows, lol. I never watch the talent shows but will do a little bit of the others. I was watching MKR the other day at the gym minus sound. I don't think it went well for the miners. No idea why channel 94 is repeating Block Skyhigh. Loving the American Househunter shows. Idiots all of them who go on these shows though. Is nothing good enough? Plenty of eminently liveable places and they think it needs gutting. Get a grip people.

...there are such vast differences between MKR and Masterchef in my humble opinion... let me explain...

(1)... MKR:... there are cooks that think they are Chefs... Masterchef:... there are cooks that wish to be Chefs...

(2)... MKR:... the contestants have convoluted 'storylines'... Masterchef:... they cook food...

(3)... MKR:... they treat Manu and Pete like Godly cult leaders... Masterchef:... they cook food...

(4)... MKR:... they bitch and scratch and fight between each other to the death... Masterchef:... they cook food...

(5)... MKR:... Manu and Pete give each other loving glances while tasting the food... pause... chew more of the food... pause... look at each other lovingly again... pause... go to speak... pause... chew yet again... pause... one last loving glance at each other... it then pans over to the cooks and then they both criticise and score their food... Masterchef:... they cook food...

(6)... MKR:... Pete and Manu have their 'favourites' and score according to who they want to stay... Masterchef:... they cook food...

(7)... MKR:... they give running descriptions of what they are doing as if we actually give a shit at what they are doing... "I'm now peeling the carrots... I'm now adding pepper to the soup... I'm now searing the meat... I'm now brewing a fart... I'm now flicking a boogah into the cake mix" etc etc... Masterchef:... they cook food...

(8)... MKR:... whatever Pete and Manu say during their 'critiques' of their meals the rest of them then say the exact same things as they did straight after 'word-for-word' at times to make it sound as if they are qualified Chefs and also to sound like they actually know what they are talking about... Masterchef:... they cook food...

(9)... MKR:... everything is about drama and fake 'journeys' with each team of cooks... most of them have to have some sort of sob story that 'motivates' them to strive to win it... "my dad died and he wanted me to win MKR"... or "my cat Fluffy meowed at my fillet of steak and then I realised that I was destined to be a Chef" type of reasons... Masterchef:... they cook food...

(10)... MKR:... Channel 7 treat this show as if it is a 'soap opera' about people cooking therefore the show lacks a certain 'polish' and 'finesse' to it... Masterchef:... the production of the show has more 'class' to it... it has 'professionalism' stamped all over it in terms of production values... they treat the 'want-to-be Chefs' with respect at all times... they try to 'nurture' them and encourage them as they progress through the show instead of just saying that they are shit and tell them to just leave... oh!... and guess what?... they cook food...

...anyhow... they are just some of my observations... please feel free to add to them if you wish my friends... I'm so looking forward to Masterchef... I still watch MKR when there is nothing else to watch but I've really lost interest in it for the fact that I used to make sure that I turned the TV over to ensure that I didn't miss it... I just don't do that anymore... it is always the same old same old format... it never changes it's steps of production and order of things... (please refer to #5 above as an example) as I said once before...it seems to be the exact same show each episode and that they just change the names of the cooks that they are criticising that night... wake up Channel 7... Channel 10 will leave you floundering in the wake of Masterchef if you don't re-vamp your show in my opinion anyway... cheers.

...there are such vast differences between MKR and Masterchef in my humble opinion... let me explain...

(1)... MKR:... there are cooks that think they are Chefs... Masterchef:... there are cooks that wish to be Chefs...

(2)... MKR:... the contestants have convoluted 'storylines'... Masterchef:... they cook food...

(3)... MKR:... they treat Manu and Pete like Godly cult leaders... Masterchef:... they cook food...

(4)... MKR:... they bitch and scratch and fight between each other to the death... Masterchef:... they cook food...

(5)... MKR:... Manu and Pete give each other loving glances while tasting the food... pause... chew more of the food... pause... look at each other lovingly again... pause... go to speak... pause... chew yet again... pause... one last loving glance at each other... it then pans over to the cooks and then they both criticise and score their food... Masterchef:... they cook food...

(6)... MKR:... Pete and Manu have their 'favourites' and score according to who they want to stay... Masterchef:... they cook food...

(7)... MKR:... they give running descriptions of what they are doing as if we actually give a shit at what they are doing... "I'm now peeling the carrots... I'm now adding pepper to the soup... I'm now searing the meat... I'm now brewing a fart... I'm now flicking a boogah into the cake mix" etc etc... Masterchef:... they cook food...

(8)... MKR:... whatever Pete and Manu say during their 'critiques' of their meals the rest of them then say the exact same things as they did straight after 'word-for-word' at times to make it sound as if they are qualified Chefs and also to sound like they actually know what they are talking about... Masterchef:... they cook food...

(9)... MKR:... everything is about drama and fake 'journeys' with each team of cooks... most of them have to have some sort of sob story that 'motivates' them to strive to win it... "my dad died and he wanted me to win MKR"... or "my cat Fluffy meowed at my fillet of steak and then I realised that I was destined to be a Chef" type of reasons... Masterchef:... they cook food...

(10)... MKR:... Channel 7 treat this show as if it is a 'soap opera' about people cooking therefore the show lacks a certain 'polish' and 'finesse' to it... Masterchef:... the production of the show has more 'class' to it... it has 'professionalism' stamped all over it in terms of production values... they treat the 'want-to-be Chefs' with respect at all times... they try to 'nurture' them and encourage them as they progress through the show instead of just saying that they are shit and tell them to just leave... oh!... and guess what?... they cook food...

...anyhow... they are just some of my observations... please feel free to add to them if you wish my friends... I'm so looking forward to Masterchef... I still watch MKR when there is nothing else to watch but I've really lost interest in it for the fact that I used to make sure that I turned the TV over to ensure that I didn't miss it... I just don't do that anymore... it is always the same old same old format... it never changes it's steps of production and order of things... (please refer to #5 above as an example) as I said once before...it seems to be the exact same show each episode and that they just change the names of the cooks that they are criticising that night... wake up Channel 7... Channel 10 will leave you floundering in the wake of Masterchef if you don't re-vamp your show in my opinion anyway... cheers.
I though they gave a running commentary (point 7) on Masterchef. Also, the level of expertise in the Masterchef cast (excluding the professionals) is of a higher standard, or so it seems.

I though they gave a running commentary (point 7) on Masterchef.

...they do in a sense in regards to the 'technical' techniques that they are doing as they are explaining as to 'why' they are doing them most times... their explanations are more relevant and interesting from my memory of last season... but on MKR they are giving running descriptions of lowly mundane things that they are doing... they are just usually stating the bleeding obvious in most cases of what we already know ourselves... (perhaps I should've explained myself a tad bit better lol!)... cheers.

MKR contestants are home cooks trying to come across as chefs because their friends and family have given them one too many compliments..
MasterChef contestants usually do have genuine aspirations to be chefs, often with the talent to back it up.

MKR contestants are home cooks trying to come across as chefs because their friends and family have given them one too many compliments..
MasterChef contestants usually do have genuine aspirations to be chefs, often with the talent to back it up.

...^^^^... that is so true... how many times have we heard some of them say on MKR... "but we cook this all the time and our friends say that it tastes fantastic!"... granted that some of those contestants on MKR can really cook like the brother and sister/mother and son teams for example but I think that being solo on Masterchef that they would be floundering like a fish out of water... that's the differences between the quality of the cooks from both of the shows in my opinion... as teams on MKR they do fine but solo?... now that's a whole world of difference... cheers.

I like eating! Sadly I don't think that would make a very good reality show, unless they did a crossover with the Biggest Loser afterwards.

...hmmmmm!... I have an idea... it may sound a tad bit out of left field but it has to do with combining three Channel 10 shows together to make the one show... now get a load of this... what if... they get the contestants on 'Masterchef' to fatten up the contestants on 'Biggest Loser' and then do a non-celebrity version of 'I'm not a Celebrity get me outta here?' so that they lose weight the natural way of eating bugs and starvation... that may produce triple the ratings for Channel 10 with the audiences from the 3 shows watching all at the same time?... how can that concept possibly fail?... (Alex Mavroidakis eat your heart out!) ;):whistling::biggrin:... cheers.

Back