Skip to main content

Masterchef 2016

Well, I haven't been here for AGES!!! (Hi Mr Stickyfingers!) I loved Masterchef last year but couldn't stand it this year. I suggest a REMODEL. Get rid of Matt Preston and do a kind of Great British Bake-Off makeover. Get a couple of lovely, funny gals to host and only have Gary and George for the actual judging. Leave the 'sacrifice' stories behind by only having filming over the weekend so that the contestants fly in for a couple of days of competition and then it's all about the food and not manufactured heartbreak stories and general wankery.

Well, I haven't been here for AGES!!! (Hi Mr Stickyfingers!) I loved Masterchef last year but couldn't stand it this year. I suggest a REMODEL. Get rid of Matt Preston and do a kind of Great British Bake-Off makeover. Get a couple of lovely, funny gals to host and only have Gary and George for the actual judging. Leave the 'sacrifice' stories behind by only having filming over the weekend so that the contestants fly in for a couple of days of competition and then it's all about the food and not manufactured heartbreak stories and general wankery.

...hi my sweet Jam <--- like what I did there?... long time no see sweetie!... it's great to see you... I agree that Masterchef needs a makeover but they need to get rid of Gary mainly... George would be fine to stay because if Gary was gone then George might start voicing his own opinion because he won't have Gary's hand up his back making his lips move in my opinion... but yes... Masterchef does need a big makeover for sure... cheers.

I agree with some of the suggested changes, but I feel it's Gary who needs to go. George needs to stay, and Preston can stay... on notice. Maybe give Shannon Bennett Gary's job.

I'm with @Mr Stickyfingers as much as I love you @Jam - the problem is Gary, not Matt Preston. I want Gary replaced with Shannon and I think I will be happy. I was happy with the finalists - I think 99% of us were happy with the finalists - the issue was with Gary's treatment of female contestants, not the contestants themselves

...I see that getting rid of Gary is quite a unanimous decision with a few of us eh?... he is obviously the main chink in Masterchef's armour... the trouble is with Gary is that he thinks that it is HIS show where in fact no one person is bigger than the show itself... he thinks that he owns that show and that George and Matt are there as mere padding to make up the numbers nowadays... unfortunately they are... George is in Gary's shadow and just agrees with Gary 99% of the time... Matt just goes with the flow if George agrees with Gary... therefore Gary gets his way all of the time...

...Gary came undone mainly this year because he really had an inherent hatred of Matt's dream to buy his own food truck with the winnings if he won it... (that was 'beneath' Masterchef winners standards in his mind... the winners had to go to swanky wanky restaurants in his eyes where you have to pay $100's of dollars for a meal)... Gary had a systematic campaign against Matt at every opportunity possible... Gary became bigger than the show itself and more or less steered the show into whatever direction that HE wanted it too on HIS show... and THAT was the main failing of the show this year... Gary needs to go... it was so weak willed of the Producers of the show not to remedy what was going on and still allowed Gary to do whatever he wanted to do... that plus the terrible Editing of the show... they really need to get rid of the Editors of the show too...

...replacing him with Shannon would be the perfect solution to fixing the show up in many ways... George would have a mind of his own again and wouldn't be overshadowed by Gary anymore and Matt Preston would most likely be more honest too instead of just going with the flow methinks!... anyhow... that's my two cents worth anyway... cheers.

I actually think Gary is ok, but there is far too much emphasis on the three boys and scripting of contestants 'food dreams' and 'sacrifice' and 'cooking with lerve'. It really does need a big shake-up and I'd be happy with any of your suggestions. I agree with you @delcan about Shannon Bennett. He's the best!

I think realistically the current 3 judges will keep their jobs as long as they want them. Perhaps if they brought in Shannon as a fourth judge, but only had 3 of the 4 on any particular episode, that would change up the dynamics a bit.

...if they did do that then just as long as Gary got not to judge say every third episode then he wouldn't be able to 'direct' the way the show runs by judging people to suit his agenda... that might actually work... but I'd still like to see Gary go regardless... lol!... cheers.

...if they did do that then just as long as Gary got not to judge say every third episode then he wouldn't be able to 'direct' the way the show runs by judging people to suit his agenda... that might actually work... but I'd still like to see Gary go regardless... lol!... cheers.

I really don't mind them in general, only odd times when I get a feeling that they're just saying what they need to say to get the episode done, keep the big wheel turning. They're only human though, they can't be genuinely enthusiastic all the time.

Back