Skip to main content

Masterchef 2016

Hmmm me thinks this will clash with my kitchen rules finale with seven only airing 2 episodes next week[DOUBLEPOST=1461143682][/DOUBLEPOST]Never mind we have confirmation that MKR finale is April 26

Please explain this ref

Rose was a bit of a bumbling character who somehow survived week after week, knocking off much better cooks along the way, seemingly just because the judges loved her personality and story.
296721F600000578-3113563-image-a-85_1433604766607.jpg

Masterchef has bigger audience growth than BB in later years, according story snippets below. (Surprise, surprise)...
Just HURRY UP already!,...

Less than a week out from premiering its food juggernaut, Network Ten has revealed the brands backing season eight of MasterChef. Principal sponsor for the show, Coles is returning, and it's joined by Harvey Norman, Swisse Wellness, IKEA, Devondale, ANZ and travel partner Qantas.

Network Ten executive general manager for Sydney, Louise Barrett...Last year the finale of season seven saw it pull an audience of more that two million metro viewers, with Barrett saying after growing 31% in 2014, MasterChef Australia’s audience increased another 15% last year.

“No other reality show in Australia has ever seen growth like that in its sixth and seventh years,” she says. “The show’s popularity extends beyond the television screen. A true multi-screen sensation, the 2015 series had 23.4 million video views on tenplay, up 37% on 2014, and 21.7 million impressions on Twitter,” she added.

http://www.adnews.com.au/news/qantas-coles-and-anz-all-back-masterchef

Masterchef has bigger audience growth than BB in later years, according story snippets below. (Surprise, surprise)...
Just HURRY UP already!,...

Less than a week out from premiering its food juggernaut, Network Ten has revealed the brands backing season eight of MasterChef. Principal sponsor for the show, Coles is returning, and it's joined by Harvey Norman, Swisse Wellness, IKEA, Devondale, ANZ and travel partner Qantas.

Network Ten executive general manager for Sydney, Louise Barrett...Last year the finale of season seven saw it pull an audience of more that two million metro viewers, with Barrett saying after growing 31% in 2014, MasterChef Australia’s audience increased another 15% last year.

“No other reality show in Australia has ever seen growth like that in its sixth and seventh years,” she says. “The show’s popularity extends beyond the television screen. A true multi-screen sensation, the 2015 series had 23.4 million video views on tenplay, up 37% on 2014, and 21.7 million impressions on Twitter,” she added.

http://www.adnews.com.au/news/qantas-coles-and-anz-all-back-masterchef

...wow!... that is impressive indeed... eat your heart out 'My Kitchen Sucks'... Channel 7 should take notes on what makes Masterchef the juggernaut that it is... perhaps the fact that there are no prefabricated 'characters' and 'storylines' with ever increasing louder music that is drowning out what the judges are actually scoring people as just a couple of examples?... or maybe even that there has to be the obligatory 'villains' in each and every series... or even the fact that someones cake hasn't risen in time is not a National catastrophe?... perhaps that Paleo Pete is not there trying to influence the guest judges on who he wants to win?...

...perhaps it's because Masterchef just puts the contestants that DESERVE to be there in the varies stages towards the finals on their cooking merits on their own?... (Rose being their one exception **cough cough**)... the fact that Masterchef doesn't treat their viewers with sheer contempt and that they don't pander to the quality of the ratings at the expense of the quality of the show itself might be the magic formula that makes this show work so well?...

...anyhow Channel 7 and 'My Kitchen Sucks'... they are just a couple of things off the top of my head that come into my thoughts... perhaps you guys should watch Masterchef all the way through to the end of the series to pick up a few good tips... just saying... cheers.

Back