Skip to main content

Last nights treatment of Gemma was terrible

Yeah it was painful to watch. Priya did a really nice thing by standing behind her... At least giving her an ounce of sympathy.

I don't think Gemma did herself any favours with what she did during her time in the house but no one deserves that kind of embarassment.

That girl has great legs though!!! The envy is coming from my short 5'2" self... Haha.

i think the fact that she wanted to make it all about HER ruined herself with the housemates she is very self centered

Very true. She tried far too much in all the wrong ways. She could have quite as easily dominated the screentime by being happy and fun with a tiny smattering of conflict rather than all out making dislike her. She had screentime that showed her negatively - Even her Mum wasn't impressed haha.

It was hard to know what really happened in the house with all the focus on the showmances. I certainly don't intend to trust either the edit or the producers opinions as heard through Kruger and Goldman. Away from that all the audience really had to go on was that she wasn't that young in spirit/immature for what they are aiming for now and so wasn't seen as having the personality/looks to go with this cast. Priya could easily fall into that category as well, and I can't see her getting to the end. Meanwhile more boring and stupid HMs will keep in just because they are thought more showmance-ready. Sandra to me has had less reason to be unhappy in there yet she's moaned a lot. Most of the men this year are pretty dull and just there for their looks.

Yeah it was painful to watch. Priya did a really nice thing by standing behind her... At least giving her an ounce of sympathy.

I don't think Gemma did herself any favours with what she did during her time in the house but no one deserves that kind of embarassment.

That girl has great legs though!!! The envy is coming from my short 5'2" self... Haha.
im like 4 .11 lol

It was brutal but great viewing.

I didn't mind it.

As someone who's dealt with anxiety and depression, I'd be surprised if someone wouldn't go into the BB house expecting to be confronted.

It's no different to forcing Ed to face his fear of banana's, as ludicrous as it sounds.

Last night eviction of Gemma was cruel and humiliating. I wish no HM, no matter how much I may dislike them, to go through something like that. Makes me wonder about the $5,00 voucher though - is very HM going to get that when evicted or did BB panic and give $5,000 to Gemma to cushion the blow.[DOUBLEPOST=1411515550][/DOUBLEPOST]
or did i? did david vote? now im thinking he may have.
No I pretty sure he didn't

I am not going to lie and say I liked Gemma because I didn't but how Gemma was treated last night, being evicted in such a nasty, humiliating way, was just down right cruel and uncalled for. Shame on the Producers of Big Brother who have now stooped to an all time low. Gemma did not deserve that treatment.

Last edited:
I am not going to lie and say I liked Gemma because I didn't but how Gemma was treated last night, being evicted in such a nasty, humiliating way, was just down right cruel and uncalled for. Shame on the Producers of Big Brother who have now stooped to an all time low.
If it was Skye/Lisa or Cat/Travis and the vote was far closer would it have been so humiliating?

It was horrible to watch but Gemma did contribute to it.

Reactions: Jon
I'm in WA at the moment so watched it two hours behind most people, but because I couldn't wait to find out I was reading the eviction thread as it was happening. From what people were saying on there I was expecting to watch something alike to an autopsy on a live person. I don't know, maybe reading the comments from people I was expecting it to be brutal but I really didn't see what all of the fuss was about.

Yes it was uncomfortable for her, sure it probably wasn't the nicest thing to go through, but the over the top dramatic comments alikening it to a live exectution or public stoning on the eviction thread kind of prepared me for tv at its worst. Someone even said watching it was more confronting that the ISIS beheading video .... what an outrageous comment!

Actually watching it really didn't bother me as much as I was expecting. It was pretty much over in less than 2 minutes, she wasn't sobbing uncontrollably and she seemed to reconcile the fact that she was booted pretty quickly. Given her past confessions of fake crying and melodramatic antics, I wouldn't be suprised at all if her reactions pre-eviction wasn't just another ploy for sympathy.

Nope, I didn't like her at all, but I think a majority of people are way over the top about how brutal this was, compared to some other reality type shows it was pretty on par in the brutality stakes. It's also not something I wouldn't be prepared to watch even my favourite housemate go through as an eviction process. I found it a fascinating insight into not only Gemma, but also the other housemates characters, it's a pity we didn't get to see them all vote. While they were gutless in their reasonings for voting her out, it's not like anyone said anything remotely truthfully hurtful, they just mumbled an insincere apology to her while avoiding eye contact. I think the only one who stood out as having decent character was Jake, who stood beside her without hesitation every second she was in there. He's almost saintly to be able to suffer that!

I don't think Gemma did herself any favours with what she did during her time in the house

What did she do that was so terrible? Just curious. Compared to anyone else in there I wouldn't say she said anything that bad at all. As is typical of an outsider she knew people hated her being different so she played it up a bit more to get back at them, very normal really, seen loads of times. Her only crime it seems to me is not fitting in, not being young/good looking enough and that's about it. As for her mother on the show, well I think she just bought into the whole script which was a bit sad.

This was planned quite a while in advance. It is not BB's fault that Gemma pretty much ostricised herself from the rest of the house, and the end product was that 14 of the 15 housemates preferred Jake over her.

This was a result of her own doing.

Back