Skip to main content

Last movie you saw

The Day of The Jackal- Tense movie with no huge stunts, but some excellent directing and a menacing performance from Edward Fox.

Giant- Very re-watchable movie. And in some ways ahead of its times.

It.

As my companion so eloquently put it, "It was shit".

It was like Stand By Me crossed with The Goonies - with a scary clown.

Reactions: kxk
It.

As my companion so eloquently put it, "It was shit".

It was like Stand By Me crossed with The Goonies - with a scary clown.

I didn't mind it! Admittedly I had no frame of reference, having never seen any previous incarnation nor having read the book.

Sure it wasn't the greatest movie ever but I didn't think it was shit. Eerie and suspenseful in parts but not really horror horror IMO. Personally I found some of the human characters creepier and more monstrous than the clown. I'd pay to see the second one.

I'm off to see American Assassin this afternoon. I've read the books by Vince Flynn and this is the first in the series. Looking forward to it.

I didn't mind it! Admittedly I had no frame of reference, having never seen any previous incarnation nor having read the book.

Sure it wasn't the greatest movie ever but I didn't think it was shit. Eerie and suspenseful in parts but not really horror horror IMO. Personally I found some of the human characters creepier and more monstrous than the clown. I'd pay to see the second one.

I really want to see this movie. It broke all the records in the US for an R rated horror movie.

I want to thank @Mr Stickyfingers for recommending Kingsmen, was on TV last week - and I am in love with this movie, in time for the sequel.
2nd movie out this Thursday, can't wait. A fantastic movie for adults, with such lovely older actors, looks like Colin is back from the dead. And whoever plays Eggsy is fantastic,will note his name.

i didn't like the look of kingsmen. the lead actor looked like a juvenile delinquent.

And they turn him into a bespoke tailored gentleman, he is AWESEOME, Colin's apprentice.

The senior cast, should command your attention, fantastic

I want to thank @Mr Stickyfingers for recommending Kingsmen, was on TV last week - and I am in love with this movie, in time for the sequel.
2nd movie out this Thursday, can't wait. A fantastic movie for adults, with such lovely older actors, looks like Colin is back from the dead. And whoever plays Eggsy is fantastic,will note his name.

Maybe I'm getting old, but the anal sex references just killed any enthusiasm I had for this movie, which was great fun otherwise.

Meet The Parents- It was ok. But Greg was weak at the start of the movie and he was weak by the end of it. He never stood up to Jack at all.

Cinderella- Classic fairy tale by Disney animation. Though some parts were a bit sexist. Apparently this movie was the catalyst for the empire that it has become today. Because before this film they were struggling, but the money they made from this they were able to put towards more films, tv shows, and of course the theme parks.

Sword in The Stone- Pretty amusing. The owl was funny.

Beauty and The Beast- Strong film. Although Belle should have been fleshed out more characterization wise.

Yes, I was expecting 'horror horror' but it was more like an 80's style coming of age movie with a scary clown. I think it probably dragged on so that it could set up the story and characters for the inevitable part 2 ...

I saw Battle of the Sexes the other day. It was really good. Great performances and a great story based on true events.

Patriot Games- High action thriller. 90's Harrison Ford at his best.

Bambi- Very similar to The Lion King in a way (child into adult, has to deal with loss)

Robin Hood disney version- Quite fun.

I watched Housebound on TV last night. It's an NZ horror/comedy about a troubled young woman who has to do house arrest in her estranged mum's house, which is apparently haunted. It was kind of like a horror version of Shaun of the Dead. Funny and scary.

Back