Skip to main content

Last movie you saw

Speak for ya self, I wanted that crazy bitch to be locked up in the loony bin somewhere for the remainder of her godforsaken life assuming the death penalty wasn't an option that is.

I know it's a fictional story/world but the thought of an insane misandrist getting away with it and walking around among normal folk sent shivers down my spine.

dont read spoiler if you havent seen movie.

But they deserved each other in the end, as she said he like her was just pretending to be someone he wasn't. He had an affair with his student, he physically pushed her and slammed her head up against the wall and got violent and he had no remorse over her disappearance. So it was a kind of fitting ending imo

It's also a Fincher movie so open ended as to whether her lies will unravel or one of them will end up snapping.

dont read spoiler if you havent seen movie.

But they deserved each other in the end, as she said he like her was just pretending to be someone he wasn't. He had an affair with his student, he physically pushed her and slammed her head up against the wall and got violent and he had no remorse over her disappearance. So it was a kind of fitting ending imo

It's also a Fincher movie so open ended as to whether her lies will unravel or one of them will end up snapping.
My bad it's still playing at the cinemas, should've used spoiler tags for my previous post apologies for that.

Hmmm ... let me see here a cheater vs a psycho cold-blooded murdering bitch. Yep, they're more or less guilty of committing acts of a similar degree. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
At the moment, I am in a phase where I am watching a lot of old B&W movies; currently on an ANDY HARDY movies binge. I have watched 4 back to back over the last 24 hours. The racism and sexism in movies of that era, is RIFE, but it's weird to realise that parent/child relationships really have not changed all that much when you watch the interactions between Andy and his dad.

Anyone interested who hasn't seen it (or wants to see it again).
Shawshank Redemption is on ch9 at 8.30pm this Friday 30th Oct.

One of my favourite if not favourite movie of all time. If you haven't seen it do try and watch it

This is a scene from the movie that get me very teary every time I see it. Brooks is an old man who gets set free from prison after serving 50 years. Just before he is released he lets free a black crow "Jake" who he looked after in prison when the crow fell from a tree as a baby. The outside world is all new to Brooks and people treat him like shit. He goes to the park to feed the birds hoping Jake would show and say hello, but Jake never does. Brooks then decides to do the only thing that will keep him at peace. "Brooks was here" :(

One of my favourite if not favourite movie of all time. If you haven't seen it do try and watch it

This is a scene from the movie that get me very teary every time I see it. Brooks is an old man who gets set free from prison after serving 50 years. Just before he is released he lets free a black crow "Jake" who he looked after in prison when the crow fell from a tree as a baby. The outside world is all new to Brooks and people treat him like shit. He goes to the park to feed the birds hoping Jake would show and say hello, but Jake never does. Brooks then decides to do the only thing that will keep him at peace. "Brooks was here" :(

They play the beejeezus out of that movie in the US. I never tire of it. If I am flipping channels and I see it being aired, I will stop to watch. Excellent movie. A modern classic.

They play the beejeezus out of that movie in the US. I never tire of it. If I am flipping channels and I see it being aired, I will stop to watch. Excellent movie. A modern classic.

Yeah I'm the same. They play it a lot here too, it's a Friday night staple for Channel 9.

I watched a RobinWilliam's movie I had never heard of. Going by the title,(I never read the blurb) I bought the dvd for my brother who is going through a shitty divorce and is not seeing his kids as much as he'd like. The title World's greatest Dad. I presumed it would be a typical Disneyesque father becoming the hero after a separation from his family. NOOOOOOOOO,!!!We sat down to watch some light hearted frivolity and got hit in the head as soon as we met William's son in the movie. Almost immediately, my mums eyes were rolling, we were gasping and my brother's young teenage son was looking worried. Needless to say it was confronting, compelling and a real eye opener. A week later I am still thinking about it. It was real and it was black comedy. (Not that anyone was laughing at my place). I loved it and it made me all the more sad that Robin is no longer with us. He should have remembered this movie and maybe thought of the consequence of his last action more. RIP man.

I watched a RobinWilliam's movie I had never heard of. Going by the title,(I never read the blurb) I bought the dvd for my brother who is going through a shitty divorce and is not seeing his kids as much as he'd like. The title World's greatest Dad. I presumed it would be a typical Disneyesque father becoming the hero after a separation from his family. NOOOOOOOOO,!!!
Love that movie!

I watched a RobinWilliam's movie I had never heard of. Going by the title,(I never read the blurb) I bought the dvd for my brother who is going through a shitty divorce and is not seeing his kids as much as he'd like. The title World's greatest Dad. I presumed it would be a typical Disneyesque father becoming the hero after a separation from his family. NOOOOOOOOO,!!!We sat down to watch some light hearted frivolity and got hit in the head as soon as we met William's son in the movie. Almost immediately, my mums eyes were rolling, we were gasping and my brother's young teenage son was looking worried. Needless to say it was confronting, compelling and a real eye opener. A week later I am still thinking about it. It was real and it was black comedy. (Not that anyone was laughing at my place). I loved it and it made me all the more sad that Robin is no longer with us. He should have remembered this movie and maybe thought of the consequence of his last action more. RIP man.

Odd you should mention that. Over the past couple of days I have also watched Robin Williams movies: The World According to Garp, Awakenings and Dead Poets Society. I will have to see if I can get my hands on the movie you watched. TY I had never heard of that title before. IMO he shone more in the heavier rolls than in the comedic fluff.

One of the few movies that has tugged at the heartstrings and drawn a few tears.

About to watch 2 of my fav movie back to back. *happy dance* I mentioned them before and posts were deleted,:unsure: so... will not name them again. Just know though, I am a happy little camper.:)

Watched Enemy today, followed by a (very helpful) 25 minute "explanation" video on youtube. I have never been so confused by a movie in my life. After its been explained its a pretty good movie. If you don't seek out what the movie is about afterwards though you will probably think its kinda shit

Back