Skip to main content

Last movie you saw

Duplicity on DVD. Not bad, but a little too complicated for its own good (ie. it's never very clear what's going on). Julia Roberts was pretty good, Clive Owen was adequate.

I found this movie VERY hard to understand Meglos, therefore I didn't overly enjoy it that much.

I know right!

It picked up a bit towards the end when Julia was photocopying stuff, but until then me & my mum were like "wtf are they doing now?" Without the f, obviously.

I got 20 minutes in and couldn't work out one dam thing that was happening, I gave up. I couldn't find even one tiny thread to keep me interested.

State Of Play on DVD. Russell Crowe was ok, but I hate his hair long & scruffy like that, & he mumbles/his voice is too deep. Ben Affleck, Rachel McAdams & Helen Mirren were fine. Robin Wright Penn, Jeff Daniels & Jason Bateman were in it too,

State Of Play on DVD. Russell Crowe was ok, but I hate his hair long & scruffy like that, & he mumbles/his voice is too deep. Ben Affleck, Rachel McAdams & Helen Mirren were fine. Robin Wright Penn, Jeff Daniels & Jason Bateman were in it too,

Jason Bateman is such an underated actor, He's so good in Arrested Development.

The Proposal on DVD.

Enjoyable fluff, I love Sandra Bullock in anything, Ryan Reynolds is smokin' hot, & Betty White is hilarious.

Nope Meglos - I really DIDN'T enjoy that movie. I don't love Sandra Bullock cause she always plays the same characters in every movie I see her in. Ryan was good only cause his sexy, Betty White was the only really funny thing in a terrible movie that I would not recommend to anyone.

I saw "Mamma Mia" recently, yes, it's a little tacky, but it's fun!!! I can't stop listening to ABBA now.......my fav band of all time!! Love you so much Frida, you are an inspiration to all........forever and always. Love and kisses, mikidiki xxxxx

I saw "Mamma Mia" recently, yes, it's a little tacky, but it's fun!!! I can't stop listening to ABBA now.......my fav band of all time!! Love you so much Frida, you are an inspiration to all........forever and always. Love and kisses, mikidiki xxxxx

How did you bear Meryl and Pierce's singing, Miki? I can't cope with ABBA's perfection being butchered like that.
I love Frida too. Sure, Agnetha was the sweet, pretty one, but Frida was the true showgirl of the two - with that naughty twinkle in her eye. They breed them a little saucier in Norway. ;)

Last night I finally saw Twilight.
Dear wife read the book and so was curious to see the movie.

eh.

I'm obviously not the target audience. Not a bad movie, but.. eh.
Not a lot of vampiring going on for a vampire movie.

Last edited:
George of the Jungle 2 is on 7Two right now. Avatar obviously stole it's story from it. :)

Oh no!! Here come the bulldozers! Can George and the animals save
the jungle?

It's one of those movies it's so bad it's good, right? Yeah I saw this movie about 5 years ago on DVD. It's also on youtube - I think the entire flick.

On Aussie Day, I say "Invictus" :)

Maybe 3.5/5. It was very well crafted film and I generally liked the characters.

Reasonably emotive in parts and I felt the first 2/3rds were the best. The last 30 minutes with the rugby final was a bit painful, I'm afraid. The rugby sequences were not that realistic and looked a little lame (still it must be hard to film). I am kind of tempted to give the film-makers a bit of serve in one respect but it may seem churlish.

On the plus side, didn't that guy who got the last couple of drop goals look so much like Joost van der Westhuizen? Good likeness.

It definitely helps if you know rugby well.....but can also be a bit of a hindrance too depending on where you are from (ah well)

I thought the bodyguards were likeable and funny but their characters could have been better developed.

Kudos to Eastwood, I always like his movies and though this movie wasn't spectacularly great, it was still a strong movie. And how wise a person is Mandela?

Watched Australia. It was ok, very OTT with the accents and you can see why they hated it overseas, what a bunch of racist pricks we're painted as.

Nicole Kidman would be much better in movies if she could actually act.

I saw The Informant - Matt Damon - today. Ok movie, Matt Damon is good (as usual) but it's a little ho hum.

Back