Skip to main content

Jade 2013 Appreciation thread

So you are not from the states that are really cold at the moment?
HaHa! No! It's winter where I live but that means sweaters and light jackets, not parkas and long underwear!
Don't forget Jade is going to Melb for the Australian Open so be prepared for more pics of them.
I've been noticing that a certain hot chef has made numerous mentions of the Open so I've got my fingers crossed that any Jade pictures will be either solo or accompanied by a pleasant surprise companion.
Random question:

Does anyone know if Ed ever went on a date with the winner of the Win a Date with Ed comp?
We can't even verify that he ever took Jade on a date, no way we'd hear about something I'm sure he wants people to forget ever happened!

jadealbany
9 minutes ago
Great day in Sydney a bit of wishful thinking retail therapy in QVB, Darling Harbour walk in George St and to end the day Apple Store :) #apple #sydney #family

d328ce7279d211e39bb70ef6122a9883_8.jpg

jadealbany
9 minutes ago
Great day in Sydney a bit of wishful thinking retail therapy in QVB, Darling Harbour walk in George St and to end the day Apple Store :) #apple #sydney #family

sydney.jpg

I've been noticing that a certain hot chef has made numerous mentions of the Open so I've got my fingers crossed that any Jade pictures will be either solo or accompanied by a pleasant surprise companion.

Oh God, I don't want to get my hopes up or anything but that would make me pretty damn happy lol.

jadealbany
5 minutes ago
Lazy day by the pool :) #summer [MENTION=36333]bondi[/MENTION]sands #bondisands smells so good #coconut

991d4e147a5f11e3839f12668b319f39_8.jpg

Oh God, I don't want to get my hopes up or anything but that would make me pretty damn happy lol.

It would make me happy as well.
Anyway I tweeted a question to Chef Hottie if he's leaving soon for overseas or Melb,he answered with "very soon ;-)".Now I'm not sure he meant overseas or Melb but maybe the winking smiley is making me lean towards Melb.Cheeky thing why not a straight answer hehe ;-)

jadealbany
5 minutes ago
Lazy day by the pool :) #summer [MENTION=36333]bondi[/MENTION]sands #bondisands smells so good #coconut

991d4e147a5f11e3839f12668b319f39_8.jpg

O my O my why does she always look so effortlessly hot,not fair to the rest of us!
I must say the camera angle does make her look naked(bottom half) lol

O my O my why does she always look so effortlessly hot,not fair to the rest of us!
I must say the camera angle does make her look naked(bottom half) lol

haha I thought that too! I thought it was just me being a perv lol
She's looking relaxed and happy (and hot)

Man I feel better now after having a rant in the other thread. I let a lot of stuff slide here but the cracks at Jade's intelligence have never sat well with me, never.

Man I feel better now after having a rant in the other thread. I let a lot of stuff slide here but the cracks at Jade's intelligence have never sat well with me, never.

I agree with everything you said, but can't be bothered with the other thread. It's clear there are always going to be different opinions and I can't be bothered to argue mine when it will just go around in circles. Just wanted to say that Gemini. Don't think you are alone on your opinions.

You did well, very well. I agree with everything you've said.

You all know that the "Jade is stupid, let's use that against Ed" is the ONE thing I will always hold against Tim. For someone to use that as a weapon is just unforgivable to me. I know of the deep abiding love so many have for him, so I try to not say anything negative about him, but I do not forget.

I was tempted to jump in on a couple of occasions this morning, but decided it wouldn't achieve anything.

While I agree they would have found they weren't suited to each other - as Jade pointed out herself in her post-eviction interview video - it has nothing to do with Drew finding her unintelligent. Drew was well aware that she was intelligent, and told her so. Their differences were in their interests and lifestyles.

And Ed's issue with Drew playing Tully was not about Drew's feelings for Tully. It was that Tully was in an alliance with the Heidi/Ed/Matt etc crowd. She had told them that Drew was her man on the inside and she would report back to them what Drew revealed about Tim. But Tully was also telling Drew what their crowd was saying, Drew was then telling Tim and then Ed heard it back from Tim. That is what Ed said to Tully during that fight. He said that her infatuation with Drew was clouding her judgement in the game and agreed with Tully when she asked Ed if he was saying that she was being played (by that stage most of that crowd had been evicted and Ed was starting to panic that his game was slipping away from him). The conversation was only about Drew playing Tully in regards to the game (whether that is how Tully relayed it to Drew or not) - not about whether Drew's was playing Tully in regards to their feelings for each other.

Last edited:

I agree with everything you said over there....I'm too scared to post in that thread....it gets a bit full on.

Jade is so much more than she was portrayed on BB, she was articulate and wise when in the diary room (what we were shown) and was actually quite strategic in the game (it didn't always go to plan)

Well said Gemini, Jade is more intelligent and smarter than what some of the others gave her credit for.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I was a bit hesitant to post it at first because a small part of me was thinking I was crazy and that I was the only one who thought she was actually very bright so I'm happy that's not the case :)

Thanks guys. I was a bit hesitant to post it at first because a small part of me was thinking I was crazy and that I was the only one who thought she was actually very bright so I'm happy that's not the case :)

I think there may be many people you equate Jade being infatuated with Ed with Jade being stupid, and that flaw colours their perception of her as so much time and narrative was devoted to that story.

History is full of amazing men and women, some brilliant, whose only weak spots were in matters of the heart. Who a person falls for has nothing to do with intelligence. Ed was Jade's blind spot (actively encouraged by Tully, Tim, the Sugar Sisters and Mikkayla), but she was perceptive, thoughtful and strategic in most other ways. She isn't academic, but she is smart

I think there may be many people you equate Jade being infatuated with Ed with Jade being stupid, and that flaw colours their perception of her as so much time and narrative was devoted to that story.

History is full of amazing men and women, some brilliant, whose only weak spots were in matters of the heart. Who a person falls for has nothing to do with intelligence. Ed was Jade's blind spot (actively encouraged by Tully, Tim, the Sugar Sisters and Mikkayla), but she was perceptive, thoughtful and strategic in most other ways. She isn't academic, but she is smart

I think it was [MENTION=36695]Jane Doe[/MENTION] who once put it nicely that it seemed like Jade was simply the type of person who let her heart lead over her brain. That doesn't mean that she doesn't have a brain (in fact she seemed to know on a logical level the issues with her and Ed), but it simply means that she lets her feelings and emotions have say over her head.

Back