Skip to main content

Is Ben a good gay role model?

gay straight black white or blind he is a crap role model. Im happy for his win but If i lived with him i would have shot him 2 days in

For gays who voted for Ben because he was gay or bask in some of the glory of his win on account of their shared gayness, I would say he is a lousy role model or figurehead or whatever else you want to call it. His narcissism and bitchiness have brought more shame than credit. For those who saw beyond his gayness (pretty hard, I would have thought, him being such a cliche!) and voted accordingly, then yes, it's irrelevant.

And for those who turn the question back and say something like "Is Michael a good role model for the hetero community, then?", I would answer that there is unlikely to be even one person in the country who voted for him purely on account of him being hetero, so it's a totally fallacious argument.

Speaking personally, my respect for gays as a whole has shifted towards the negative after this series of BB, but I will still try and take each individual on merit, as I've done all my life.

If ben supporters think ben will do wonders in promoting the gay community by winning they have another thing coming. He's done nothing of the sort and quite possibly the guy has set his community back years. Right or wrong a person such as ben would perceived by the wider population as a reflection of the community he belongs to especially since the he was rewarded as the winner of the show.

But I'm afraid he has tainted and caused irreparable damage to the gay community in the eyes of millions of impressionable young children who'll associate gays with bitchiness and bullying for the rest of their lives. I think his supporters in years to come will reflect on this and rue the day a despicable bitch like ben was rewarded for being a horrible human being.

Speaking personally, my respect for gays as a whole has shifted towards the negative after this series of BB, but I will still try and take each individual on merit, as I've done all my life.

Just when I thought you couldn't become any more ignorant.

You take it to a new low.

Well done you fucking idiot, you just set the gay movement back 10 years with one simple sentence.

But I'm afraid he has tainted and caused irreparable damage to the gay community in the eyes of millions of impressionable young children who'll associate gays with bitchiness and bullying for the rest of their lives. I think his supporters in years to come will reflect on this and rue the day a despicable bitch like ben was rewarded for being a horrible human being.

Well look at that!

This just proves there is a special someone for everyone!

V-tone, I would like you to meet Connoisseur.

May you both live a long, ignorant and minority hating life together

Just when I thought you couldn't become any more ignorant.

You take it to a new low.

Well done you fucking idiot, you just set the gay movement back 10 years with one simple sentence.

Hyperbole, much (as ever).

And I doubt I'm the only one who feels that way after enduring your revolting hero on screen for the last few months.

And I doubt I'm the only one who feels that way after enduring your revolting hero on screen for the last few months.

And that just makes what you said even sadder.

But you really don't get that, do you?

Well look at that!

This just proves there is a special someone for everyone!

V-tone, I would like you to meet Connoisseur.

May you both live a long, ignorant and minority hating life together

Oh dear... I've made you hysterical again. And so early in the day!

I don't get it. I care about the gay community hence why I think it was an imbecilic move to crown a detestable idiot like ben as a winner and someone that (again rightly or wrongly) would be seen as a representative of his community.

You can cry all you want about ben being his own man and not representing anybody else but as a member of a minority that is his cross to bear, deal with it.

I thought he made a big deal of himself being gay? And some of his supporters most definitely did as well, maybe they thought it would get him more votes. Whereas other HMs were appreciated even more as individuals.

I thought he made a big deal of himself being gay? And some of his supporters most definitely did as well, maybe they thought it would get him more votes. Whereas other HMs were appreciated even more as individuals.
How did he make a big deal out of being gay? I don't think he even mentioned it once in the house?

And I would have to say the public who "hated" him that have banged on more about him being gay than any of his supporters have. :confused:

Remember he is a compulsive liar, so he may have lied about losing every job he has had.

Or he may having been lying about being a compulsive liar.

My worry Kaz, is that if and when he has children, that he will continue to tell lies.

from experience, when you have a lying parent/parents, no matter what you begin to never ever believe them..and others.
You cannot tell if your feet are on stable ground because you never know. It gets a bit sad.
His being so emotional, and tells lies...we know he hasn't changed that.....could be disasterous in the long run for any child.
I reckon he will get a media gig, even if it is on foxtel.

How did he make a big deal out of being gay? I don't think he even mentioned it once in the house?

And I would have to say the public who "hated" him that have banged on more about him being gay than any of his supporters have. :confused:

didn't he say when he went in he was not in favour of gay marriage as there were more important things to be done atm ? or something to that effect.

didn't he say when he went in he was not in favour of gay marriage as there were more important things to be done atm ? or something to that effect.
Yeah but I'm not seeing how that equates into him making a big deal out of being gay?

Yeah but I'm not seeing how that equates into him making a big deal out of being gay?

I can see what you mean as I did waffle on......but he was the one who brought up gay marriage, and continually referred to himself as gay...the proposal on the stage for a gay man...........all of that, the clothes the voice when wanted. I don't care, but he did not try and hide the fact he was gay a. because he should not have to b. because brenda was his alter ego and the nasty one.
Ben, I would hope , did have an agenda to raise the awareness of people who are gay...and not be all about how bitchy he was and wass going to be, and win the money at any cost.
I would rather think he was trying to raise awareness.

I can see what you mean as I did waffle on......but he was the one who brought up gay marriage, and continually referred to himself as gay...the proposal on the stage for a gay man...........all of that, the clothes the voice when wanted. I don't care, but he did not try and hide the fact he was gay a. because he should not have to b. because brenda was his alter ego and the nasty one.
Ben, I would hope , did have an agenda to raise the awareness of people who are gay...and not be all about how bitchy he was and wass going to be, and win the money at any cost.
I would rather think he was trying to raise awareness.
Oh right. Gotcha. makes sense! :)

To get serious for a moment...

True personal growth comes when you take everything you believe to be true, only to learn later it isn't true at all.

By you saying "speaking personally, my respect for gays as a whole has shifted towards the negative after this series of BB, but I will still try and take each individual on merit, as I've done all my life." means that you are basing your judgement of a whole community on one man.

It is the equivalent of hating Aboriginal people because you think Anthony Mundine is a twat, or feeling distrust for Mexicans because you once choked on a taco.

To judge the entire gay community because you don't like Ben is not only ignorant, it is dangerous. For proof, just ask any gay man who has been beaten, in this country, solely because of his sexuality.

Back