Skip to main content

Intruder #4 - Boog

It seriously doesn't bother me one bit when people are on star now. Also Boog's agency looks rubbish, they are far from boutique.. look at the rest of the talent on their books and the quality of the the headshots etc.

People who aspire towards working in the film & television industry are more likely to be interesting in being on BB. It makes perfect sense.

And it's not enough just to want to be famous. Do you know how many famewhores and wannabes would've applied for every single season? They need to actually offer something to the house and so far they seem to deliver in one way or another.

Everyday people with no interest whatsoever in fame wouldn't apply to be on this show. They just wouldn't. I'm not saying every auditionee is hungry for the spotlight, but if you hated the idea of it, you wouldn't apply. Plain and simple. It's not really a fair sample of the population to start with.

It doesn't bother me at all as long as they bring something.

Think back to Rachael in 05. She straight out said she was in it for the fame & to help her acting career (which never eventuated, btw) but she was actually a good choice of a housemate (from the perspective of good tv, at least) because she was unstable and kinda batshit crazy at times which made for interesting viewing etc. It's not enough just to want to be famous.

i agree with jessy_girl

and btw trendsetters, keep in mind that any tom dick or harry can register a free profile at that starnow website, so I dont know how much you can read into it in regards to being an "actor" ... maybe more "aspiring actor"

I look Boog, she seems sweet. But did you see her showreel? She isn't exactly the best actor... so I wouldn't stress too hard on this one..

does anyone goes through audition or do they them all from starnow or other places

The early years of BB were everyday people. They were more open, honest, funloving.....none of this trying to keep up some sort of appearance. BB shouldn't have to coax anything out of the HMs. This year the HMs have been babied in the extreme. Movie nights, Feasts, props for any ideas they come up with. It needs to go back to the original concept of the show and then we will see more natural interactions. My opinion only, I just find it a bit frustrating sometimes.......lol

Ok you are correct in that I guess I actually meant 'patience' (rather than 'effort') and perhaps 'draw' rather than 'coax'. Or even 'allow to unfold/develop'. But then does it becomes a different program? I don't really know... Humans are human. But context is critical. And 'there but for the 'Grace of God' go I......????)

Normally I'd expect one or two models slash actors to be in a Big Brother season. Even in 2001 we had that.

But we're getting up to a large proportion of housemates here who are attempting to get into some kind of media career.

Yet we're told by the producers and Sonia every year that they're looking for real australians ("real" being the buzz word for "ordinary").

I just find it very misleading. People forget but during the audition process they make a REALLY big deal about the "real Australian" thing. By the time the season starts everyone has forgotten.

Normally I'd expect one or two models slash actors to be in a Big Brother season. Even in 2001 we had that.

But we're getting up to a large proportion of housemates here who are attempting to get into some kind of media career.

Yet we're told by the producers and Sonia every year that they're looking for real australians ("real" being the buzz word for "ordinary").

I just find it very misleading. People forget but during the audition process they make a REALLY big deal about the "real Australian" thing. By the time the season starts everyone has forgotten.

I don't necessarily have a problem with actors/models etc - it's when they don't even mention that part of themselves but play up things like lumberjack and personal trainer that just screams disingenuous on the behalf of producers. It's like they've been told they can't mention it.

One of Tahan's relatives perhaps dad played AFL I think Shaun Lew Fat is related to her She shows skills at football so I figure he might be her related he was a Darwin lad

I had an instant dislike for her and what I have read hear about Boog confirms it. Personal trainer types are just bullies in disguise. I will eat wwhat i want thanks very much. Good luck to Boog, but no thanks not a fan

Last edited:
This is such bullshit.

I can understand that actors, models, dancers can have work like being a sales assistant and personal trainer in between their regular gigs, but according to her profile she has done extensive theatre training. She is a professional actor - that is her main profession.

This is the most blatant use of a talent agency so far.

Lol, what? She has no credits whatsoever and is basically as amateur as you can get. I do consider myself a professional actress (I filmed a Subway TVC yesterday, have numerous IMDB credits, etc) and I still have to work crappy part time jobs. There is no way acting is her main profession.

Like everyone else has said - absolutely anyone can apply for a StarNow account. It's a job board not an agency. Big Brother advertises on it but you apply and audition like everyone else (ie. print out your form and line up). I actually missed out on a place on The Mole because I revealed that I was an actress during my interview with the producers. Most reality shows don't want actors, they just happen to be the most outgoing during the auditions.

Lol, what? She has no credits whatsoever and is basically as amateur as you can get. I do consider myself a professional actress (I filmed a Subway TVC yesterday, have numerous IMDB credits, etc) and I still have to work crappy part time jobs. There is no way acting is her main profession.

Like everyone else has said - absolutely anyone can apply for a StarNow account. It's a job board not an agency. Big Brother advertises on it but you apply and audition like everyone else (ie. print out your form and line up). I actually missed out on a place on The Mole because I revealed that I was an actress during my interview with the producers. Most reality shows don't want actors, they just happen to be the most outgoing during the auditions.

Come on, it's a bit of a coincidence that half the people who've enter the house have an affiliation with this Starnow website and have had acting or radio experience. They obviously want people with some amateur experience in the entertainment industry, whether thats a good thing I don't know but the average Joe who just lines up on audition day needn't apply.

This has absolutely nothing to do with anything, but Boog shares her birthday with me! She mentioned it in one of the Live Feed videos.

Come on, it's a bit of a coincidence that half the people who've enter the house have an affiliation with this Starnow website and have had acting or radio experience. They obviously want people with some amateur experience in the entertainment industry, whether thats a good thing I don't know but the average Joe who just lines up on audition day needn't apply.

As someone who has been through the audition process and knows a previous housemate, I can assure you that there's nothing suss about the way people with prior media experience audition. We filled out same website form and lined up like everyone else. It's just a case of people who are comfortable getting up in front of a crowd and improvising/making people laugh doing better at the audition tasks.

I'm pretty sure if people like this ended up on BB, people on this site would still be screaming foul play, 'professional actor', they have a StarNow account!!:

http://www.starnow.com.au/crystalevans5
http://www.starnow.com.au/christopherconlan

Wannabe actors make the perfect housemate, from the perspective of the production team, surely? More likely to be willing to come across as "dramatic" in some way, often bigger personalities, muscles and boobs. No or very little paid work to date makes for an eager contestant craving the spotlight and willing to do it for very little money. When nothing much is happening in the house, just take shots of the good-looking ones in skimpy clothes or compromising positions and there's your footage.

Lazy way to do it though, IMO. Seems there was more thought put into the process in the earlier years. It was less formulaic and more "let's just see what happens" with more average people.

Liking Boogsta, but she went all deer-in-headlights in the house, a bit like Rohan. Hoping she's settled in but not enough info yet *sigh*

she seems more sincere than Madaline or whatever her name was

For what I have seen on the LF she seems to be like a nice bubble. LOL, I don't know why I feel she is like a bubble, but I love the way she is. She seems so down to earth, I can identify with her. She is a breath of fresh air in the house.

As someone who has been through the audition process and knows a previous housemate, I can assure you that there's nothing suss about the way people with prior media experience audition. We filled out same website form and lined up like everyone else. It's just a case of people who are comfortable getting up in front of a crowd and improvising/making people laugh doing better at the audition tasks.

Yeah look, my butt is planted firmly on the fence about this issue. I do see your point that the people with more media experience are of course going to be more comfortable with the auditioning tasks and are therefore more likely to make it through. The fact still remains though that the final castings all seem to come from far too a shallow source pool, The Starnow website and Nova radio. Either way I think the casting was spot on this year even if the producers approached them, rather then the other way around.

Back