Skip to main content

In The News

Now Yumi is getting "death threats":(:(:(

The whole situation is just escalating out of control:confused:

and the thing is that the army guy would be horrified at this kind of reaction.

Why is everyone talking about shows being axed, just watch something else:confused: there's heaps of channels these days. I'm not a fan of either program so I just don't watch them.:rolleyes:

I would love it if all the shows everyone yells about axing were actually axed - there would be about 2 shows left on tv.

Roberts-Smith HAS come out and accepted her apology and has said he has no hard feelings, yet everyone is still carrying on being outraged 'on his behalf' yeah that makes sense !

I also love all the people saying 'who the heck is Yumi anyway' and then proceeding to rant about every detail of her and her life up to this point.

To "save" the owl, the owl must be killed !

Utter madness, and once again, golgafrincham left-ardism is behind it.

See: http://finance.townhall.com/columni.../03/04/saving_face_by_slaying_owls/page/full/

".. the Obama administration is prepared to shoot and kill the barred owl in an effort to save the spotted owl ..."

:eek::rolleyes::eek::rolleyes:

Their policy of destroying logging jobs to protect the spotted owl failed miserably, so it is CYA time. You would think the liberal philosophy of Darwinism would itself be protected and allowed to proceed. The liberals not only do not believe in God, they want to be God and decide which species thrive and are protected and which are to be sacrificed. Unfortunately, we peon persons, the non elites, are the ones that have been targeted for elimination from all desirable places on earth. Agenda 21 and the destruction of private property is just the beginning. Today the barred owls, tomorrow farmers and ranchers. No wait. That's today also

Whatever it takes to destroy the human race is the working slogan of our eco-nazis. I remember the death of the wood industry in the West: the spotted owl lives from the tropics of Mexico to the cold wastes of canada. So it was necessary to reclassify the owls into two species - northern and southern, for the first time in the history of science. By this logic the polar bear in the Bronx Zoo becomes a new specie

The green mafia doesn't care about the environment or biodiversity - they care about power. Why should they care about killing a predator species (which are protected species) like the barred owl when they also don't care about how many golden eagles are being killed by wind farms in California? They don't care about how many thousands of acres it takes to erect solar farms, nor how many millions of gallons of water (in the desert no less) it takes to keep them running efficiently.

They don't care how many indigenous people are being forced off their ancestral lands in South America and Africa to grow biofuels and they care about destroying peat marshes in South East and East Asia for the same reason.

And some of you actually vote to have such misanthropic lunatics govern us !

Shame. On. You.

regarDS

Last edited:

I like her. I've been under a rock I don't really know what they said about who, I don't really care. I've seen her a few times on some random tv show and like her.

There is such controversy of Yumi Stynes and Gearge Negus's HUGE gaffe re the Vic Cross winner.

Now THEY are being vilified all over the net.

Stop it, ALL of you.

I promise I will. :eek: :p ;)

You have to admit it was a pretty dumbass thing to say. Didn't she engage her brain before she opened her mouth?

As for old George he's just lost the plot and is past it.

When I first saw it on the news I really couldn't understand what all the fuss was about. To me it was just another jibe at someone of note (seems we are not allowd to say anything, in humour, about anyone anymore) - it was only after some further reports came forward as to the struggle this couple had in conceiving that I perhaps understood the full implications of the things they implied.

I really don't think either Yumi or George meant any disrespect - they were just stupid, ill-conceived remarks that rolled too readily off the tongue.

Yep, I've never been able to understand people who respond to something inappropriate by being just as if not more inappropriate.

Me either.

I feared that would happen.

The whole situation is just escalating out of control:confused:

Yes, it is. It seems mass hysteria has taken over.

I would love it if all the shows everyone yells about axing were actually axed - there would be about 2 shows left on tv.

Roberts-Smith HAS come out and accepted her apology and has said he has no hard feelings, yet everyone is still carrying on being outraged 'on his behalf' yeah that makes sense !

I also love all the people saying 'who the heck is Yumi anyway' and then proceeding to rant about every detail of her and her life up to this point.

Ah yes, the man in question accepted her apology immediately and said that he knew no malice was intended - but yes, people are still outraged on his account.

If it wasn't so sad, it would almost be funny.

I can't stand The Project. It was fine when it first started now I'm sick of watching all the time. Only catch occasional shows.

Both The Project and The Circle seem to think it smart to ridicule people. The Project makes it a nightly occurrence, finding someone to make a fool of for a cheap laugh. I have few problems if this is someone like a politician who is putting themselves out there on display, however, when they find someone in the street and give them the same treatment, I just think what pricks they are. Last night some fella in Geelong mispronounced "metabolism", so they decided to ridicule him on national prime-time TV.

They picked the wrong target this time. Good to see the sponsors taking a stand "axing" their support of the show. Pity Ch. 10's execs don't have as much sense. Pity some people around here don't either.

Last edited:
Unfirtunately The Project thinks that what they do is the height of hilarity and on the button entertainment. I agree with Mud in that it was a fairly enjoyable show when it first began, it has been a pretty quick downhill slide though.

I used to only give Charlie credit but even he seems to have caved into the lowest common denominator viewing mantra. What I really cannot stand is when some fat head (usually Carrie) makes a wildy untrue or biased statement and no one pulls them up on it!

How does Dave Hughes have the gall to make fun of anyone and their speech - he does come across as barely literate after all.

I don't think the Circle takes itself that seriously and I still can't get over the masses and masses of words written about a show that EVERYONE in the wholest widest world HATES - hmmm why you know so much about it then?

Both The Project and The Circle seem to think it smart to ridicule people. The Project makes it a nightly occurrence, finding someone to make a fool of for a cheap laugh. I have few problems if this is someone like a politician who is putting themselves out there on display, however, when they find someone in the street and give them the same treatment, I just think what pricks they are. Last night some fella in Geelong mispronounced "metabolism", so they decided to ridicule him on national prime-time TV.

They picked the wrong target this time. Good to see the sponsors taking a stand "axing" their support of the show. Pity Ch. 10's execs don't have as much sense. Pity some people around here don't either.

I found american humor ( more so 'comedians') is to ridicule others for personal gain. English and Aus were more at ones self to get a laugh. Things are changing big time and not what I like. I never got the humour in candid camera - setting people up to be a fool just for a laugh. :(

Unfirtunately The Project thinks that what they do is the height of hilarity and on the button entertainment. I agree with Mud in that it was a fairly enjoyable show when it first began, it has been a pretty quick downhill slide though.

I used to only give Charlie credit but even he seems to have caved into the lowest common denominator viewing mantra. What I really cannot stand is when some fat head (usually Carrie) makes a wildy untrue or biased statement and no one pulls them up on it!

How does Dave Hughes have the gall to make fun of anyone and their speech - he does come across as barely literate after all.

I don't think the Circle takes itself that seriously and I still can't get over the masses and masses of words written about a show that EVERYONE in the wholest widest world HATES - hmmm why you know so much about it then?

The Circle might like to let people think they don't take themselves seriously but I find most journalists feel their opinions override truth - yep! I don't hold journalists very highly. :D

I like her. I've been under a rock I don't really know what they said about who, I don't really care. I've seen her a few times on some random tv show and like her.
George said something along the lines of "he might not be that good in the sack" (the footage was of him shirtless in a pool). Yumi said something like "he's probably looking for his brain on the bottom of the pool"...
You have to admit it was a pretty dumbass thing to say. Didn't she engage her brain before she opened her mouth?

Agreed, it wasnt particularly Intelligent, though its something more appropriate on the anonymity of the Interwebz. I've certainly heard and seen worse around here about Reality contestants over the years that if someone on TV would actually say they'd be in real shit.

I used to really like the 7pm Project, but stopped watching it as I just couldn't stand Carrie and Dave anymore. Sounds like the whole show has sunk down to their level.

I used to really like the 7pm Project, but stopped watching it as I just couldn't stand Carrie and Dave anymore. Sounds like the whole show has sunk down to their level.

It has.........

I mean Carrie opens her gob and usually some rubbish comes out that no one pulls her up on. She's not as funny as she thinks. Neither is Dave Hughes. Should go back to whereever it was he came from?

I read/heard somewhere that his response to the trash Yumi spoke was along the lines of 'it's ok, won't change my life, but it will change yours' I've only seen the show a handful of times (a very small handful and probably never a whole one) and she doesn't seem like an idiot. I think she is now.

The Project has always been shit.

People should be held accountable for what they say, no matter if it's a piece of rubbish fluff or serious journalism.

I agree that people should be accountable, but I think death threats against her and her family are fucking ridiculous, and a sign that it's all gone too far.

savethebarredowl.com

Following on from my "To save the owl the owl must die" post the other day as per:

Utter madness, and once again, golgafrincham left-ardism is behind it.

See: http://finance.townhall.com/columni.../03/04/saving_face_by_slaying_owls/page/full/

".. the Obama administration is prepared to shoot and kill the barred owl in an effort to save the spotted owl ..."

:eek::rolleyes::eek::rolleyes:

Here is a website whereby you too can do your bit to help halt such greenazi lunacy:

Americans for Limited Government (ALG) today announced the launching of SaveTheBarredOwl.com, a website devoted to exposing the harm done by federal government regulations designed to "help" the environment.

The website is inspired by the case of the Barred Owl, which has been given the federal government death penalty due to its rudely sharing the habitat with the "sacred" Spotted Owl.

"The federal government has wiped out almost the entire timber industry in the northwestern United States in an effort to save the spotted owl only to discover that the endangered owl thrives in land where timbering occurs. Now, years later, the federal government is back trying to wipe out the Barred Owl so it won't compete for food with the favored Spotted Owl."

Young and old alike will remember the Barred Owl, which was used as the model in the federal government's beloved "Give a Hoot, Don't Pollute" campaign. In homage to this government advertising effort, Americans for Limited Government has named its Barred Owl campaign, "Give a Hoot, Don't Shoot!"

Ironically, the U.S. Department of the Interior's decision to kill Barred Owls is a response to their own failed policy that destroyed the habitat that the endangered Spotted Owl actually thrives in.

Wilson summarized the campaign saying, "The case of the Spotted Owl is just one more example of the federal government acting at the behest of environmental extremists and the wake of destruction that they leave in their paths. The Barred Owl campaign will put a spotlight on these lowlights and hold those government agencies responsible and accountable for the consequences of their actions."

The website launched by Americans for Limited Government will provide a place for Americans to voice their concerns about the government's actions with a specific petition calling on Congress to defund all actions pertaining to the planned annihilation of the Barred Owl species

View attachment 27161
Barred Owls

View attachment 27162
Spotted Owls

[youtubevid]VThQr8fDiLA[/youtubevid]
fwit collectivist group-thinking misanthropic totalitarian freedom-hating "kill an owl to save an owl" greenazi wastes of oxygen.

regarDS

The irony was that Yumi actually insinuated that Ben Roberts-Smith was the dumb one.

I thought George lost the plot long ago and his superiority attitude annoys the crap out of me.

The death threats are in no way cool though.

I fully expected Ben Roberts-Smith to accept the apology (lame as it was) because I don't think he gives a crap what these two have to say about him and also that he wouldn't have wanted to create a drama.

One thing I will say is that after seeing his interview, I don't think the military could have a better representative. I came away from that interview truly impressed.

It'll be the 100th anniversary of the Titanic sinking in a few weeks:

What sank the Titanic? Scientists point to the moon
By Jim Forsyth
Wednesday March 7, 2012

SAN ANTONIO (Reuters) - A century after the Titanic disaster, scientists have found an unexpected culprit for the sinking: the moon.

Anyone who knows history or has seen the blockbuster movies knows that the cause of the transatlantic liner's accident 100 years ago next month was that it hit an iceberg.

"But the lunar connection may explain how an unusually large number of icebergs got into the path of the Titanic," said Donald Olson, a Texas State University physicist whose team of forensic astronomers examined the moon's role.

Ever since the Titanic sank in the early hours of April 15, 1912, killing 1,517 people, researchers have puzzled over Captain Edward Smith's seeming disregard of warnings that icebergs were in the area where the ship was sailing.

Smith was the most experienced captain in the White Star Line and had sailed the North Atlantic sea lanes on numerous occasions. He had been assigned to the maiden voyage of the Titanic because he was a knowledgeable and careful seaman.

Greenland icebergs of the type that the Titanic struck generally become stuck in the shallow waters off Labrador and Newfoundland, and cannot resume moving southward until they have melted enough to re-float or a high tide frees them, Olson said.

So how was it that such a large number of icebergs had floated so far south that they were in the shipping lanes well south of Newfoundland that night?

The team investigated speculation by the late oceanographer Fergus Wood that an unusually close approach by the moon in January 1912 may have produced such high tides that far more icebergs than usual managed to separate from Greenland, and floated, still fully grown, into shipping lanes that had been moved south that spring because of reports of icebergs.

Olson said a "once-in-many-lifetimes" event occurred on January 4, 1912, when the moon and sun lined up in such a way that their gravitational pulls enhanced each other. At the same time, the moon's closest approach to earth that January was the closest in 1,400 years, and the point of closest approach occurred within six minutes of the full moon. On top of that, the Earth's closest approach to the sun in a year had happened just the previous day.

"This configuration maximized the moon's tide-raising forces on the Earth's oceans," Olson said. "That's remarkable."

His research determined that to reach the shipping lanes by mid-April, the iceberg that the Titanic struck must have broken off from Greenland in January 1912. The high tide caused by the bizarre combination of astronomical events would have been enough to dislodge icebergs and give them enough buoyancy to reach the shipping lanes by April, he said.

Olson's team has sought to use tide patterns to determine exactly when Julius Caesar invaded Britain and prove the legend that Mary Shelley was inspired by a bright full moon shining through her window to write the gothic classic "Frankenstein."

The team's Titanic research may have vindicated Captain Smith - albeit a century too late - by showing that he had a good excuse to react so casually to a report of ice in the ship's path. He had no reason at the time to believe that the bergs he was facing were as numerous or as large as they turned out to be, Olson said.

"In astronomical terms, the odds of all these variables lining up in just the way they did was, well, astronomical," he said.

The research will appear in the April issue of "Sky & Telescope" magazine.

Source.

Back