Skip to main content

Episode I'm A Celebrity! AU (2018) - Episode Discussion

Well sadly Simone was eliminated tonight. She did pretty well to get as far as she did!!! :) And she gave everything a red hot go!

I am so happy Fiona and Vicki are still in. I hope Danny goes next.

I assume the remaining four celebrities families will be visiting on the weekend like last year? I'm looking forward to see what Vicki's fiancé is like. He better be good for her! :p

In my opinion out of the remaining celebrities, Shannon’s most deserving of the win, being a simple country bloke from the bush, never whinges or whines about anyone behind their back. Hope he gets the crown at the end.

I think Shannon has a good chance to win. The general public would see him the way you do as "The simple country bloke from the bush". For me he hasn't really provided anything entertainment wise. I sometimes forget he is even there but I would rather him win than Danny.

I want Fiona or Vicki to win. They have both provided great entertainment to me. Vicki is as nice as Apple pie and Fiona is honest and hilarious.

Who were your early faves?

...I've always wanted either Fiona or Pete to win this from day one but either Fiona first or Vicky second for the win and I will be a happy chappy for sure... cheers.

Who were your early faves?
I liked Anthony Mundine from the beginning cause he wasn’t afraid to speak his mind, I never understood why a lot of the public (or sheeple) hated and judged him, he also had a soft side to him. Mundine and Jackie (another favourite of mine) formed a close bond, despite their little banters here and there they were real with each other and were a great pair in the camp. Jackie was very caring of everyone in the camp, she guided Tomic when he was depressed and wanted to leave the jungle.

Then you look at Danny who despised Jackie and constantly spoke negatively of her, yet the Australian public (Facebook posters) still supported Danny. If Mundine had acted the exact same way Danny had in these last final weeks, bet there would be an outrage and pure toxicity against him in the comments on Facebook... but since Danny is a “true blue Aussie” and not indiginous or ethnic like Mundine and Jackie, guess it’s okay for majority of the viewers/FacebookCommenters (being Aussie) to support Danny unfortunately... but that’s usually the way it is in most reality tv shows. (Didn’t mean to spin this into a bit of a rant but just had to get that off my chest).

Moving on, I was also a fan of the Oldfields, they had their arguments here and there, but it’s natural for a couple in my opinion, they had a great dark sense of humour between one and other, which people mistook for them hating each other for some reason, but it’s just the way they bond.

I didn’t mind Kerry, I never understood why the sheeple on Facebook despised her based on her opinions, she was generally caring and had a heart.

As for the rest, there were quite a bunch of good celebs but the ones I named are some of the notable favourites I could come up with straight from my mind to conclude it. Cheers.

Ok on tonights show I really liked how they had gotten Pete back for the intro. I think that is a first for any celebrity? Also I loved how they allowed Pete to speak to the camp. It reminded me of how they allowed Carson to do similar last year.

Now they said we've voting for the winner. If I had my wish I think I'd love to see Vicky and Shannon as final two. Danny I've had a few issues with over the series, and like I feel Fiona hasn't really done much in there. I love Vicky but the things holding me back from her winning is that she won the UK series. Apart from that though Freddie Flintoff won the first series and he is British so it's not like it'll be something majorly news. Also if Shannon wins maybe it'll stop all that talk of 'Shannon being robbed' or whatever, that people like to say as a joke. Also he has been nice to all whilst in there.

Danny’s prank was so forced, he trying anything to win.

You think? I wasn't a huge fan of the Ron and Brenda thing but when he jumped in with the Dynamite Dan thing and when he and fiona ran outside camp for a secret pretend kiss I just found it a bit much. Like what was the point of that pretend kiss way back with him? Those in the camp didn't know, and it wasn't real so they weren't really trying to pash on in secret, so I don't know why it happened.

Anyway I'm not sure what to think about his trick on Vicky. One side of me likes it as it is somewhat showing him being playful, but then if that is the case why did he deny Vicky from playing her innocent game of sardines way back when?

Last edited:
Where’s Shannon’s subtitles?

What are screaming Wilburs?[DOUBLEPOST=1520510571][/DOUBLEPOST]
...it looks like Danny is desperately trying to think of a better story than the rest of them before it's his turn lol!... that glare on his face is to kill for lol!... cheers.

I'm glad Vicky called him out on his resting bitch face later in the episode.

Looking back I am kind of glad Tomic decided to leave because otherwise it would have been the "Tomic, Mundine, Green" show. He would have been boring after a week and his behaviour would have been validated by Mundine. Like with the women's work business.

I started to really enjoy the series much better once Mundine was gone...

Danny mentioned Vicki has 4million followers on instagram.....he is very focused on winning the prick
So I checked , and she has 3.9million, far out
Maybe, if even just a few hundred are obsessed they will figure out how to vote???

I want the females to beat the last 2 males, neither are appealing or entertaining

I’m not sure how or why her UK fanbase would be voting for her. But then again Flintoff had millions of followers and he won.

Yes, even before Peter's lapse of character, I preferred Fiona. I still think Peter is funny, but we haven't seen any hidden depths. There is more depth to Fiona, she's a strong woman who has not had an easy life, but does her best to overcome her obstacles. Plus she's hilarious.

Yes, I was thinking the other day, that we had very little personal stuff from Pete. He only mentions his family in an oblique kind of way. That stuff helps win fans, especially for the guys I think.

...hence the reason that I've stayed away from Facebook for about the last 8 years... I've only been on there perhaps 6 times to look at something somebody has pointed out and that's it... kids just swear at each other and idiots argue with each other... at least on these forums we do all of that with a bit of 'class' and 'civility' when we do the same thing lol!... cheers.

We really are some top notch people. :pompus:

:whistling:

Looking back I am kind of glad Tomic decided to leave because otherwise it would have been the "Tomic, Mundine, Green" show. He would have been boring after a week and his behaviour would have been validated by Mundine. Like with the women's work business.

I started to really enjoy the series much better once Mundine was gone...

It would have very focussed on those 3. Makes me think they were never there for the long haul.

Got his maths correct though.

I must have miss heard the maths question. I heard it as, "How many dots on a standard 6 sided dice?" So in my maths world that would be 3 pairs of 7 (the opposing sides of a dice should always sum up to equal the number of sides +1), so 3x7=21.

Was the question how many dots on a pair of 6 sided dice?

Back