Skip to main content

Episode I'm A Celebrity! AU (2018) - Episode Discussion

The Ron & Brenda stuff should be put to bed after devoting most of an episode to a "wedding".
I want to see more of Peter and Fiona, not Ron or Brenda winning.
Is this how comedians cope?
Is is also why Julia is so "on" all the time?

Haven't watched yet, but I'm liking that ending of David and Lisa going one after the other the first chance viewers could get, with David going first. I don't mind Lisa that much really on a personality level, but I didn't like them being given a platform and I'm liking that they've been turfed at the first opportunity. Happy with the result.

Maybe it will send a message to Alex that we are just not picking up what he's putting down. Stop with the stupid gimmick casting.

John Edward was the latest example. I was disappointed that Fiona even semi-believed him. I don't know a lot about her by any means, but everything that was "revealed" can be deduced by what she has said on the show, or by being given a ten minute package by the producers. Same with all the stuff about Paul. People are really, really stupid.

Maybe it will send a message to Alex that we are just not picking up what he's putting down. Stop with the stupid gimmick casting.

John Edward was the latest example. I was disappointed that Fiona even semi-believed him. I don't know a lot about her by any means, but everything that was "revealed" can be deduced by what she has said on the show, or by being given a ten minute package by the producers. Same with all the stuff about Paul. People are really, really stupid.

...Meglos... I... I... I have a confession...I'm going to come clean... I used to be a Medium!... that's right... I was...

...now I'm well done!... I got really sunburned last weekend... that's right... I'm as fake as both John Edward and Jackie... some people (let's face it... nobody on these forums) may have believed my statement above for a few seconds and they are the people that these two prey upon... they are both a pair of shonks as far as I'm concerned... even Julia and Chris are continually taking the piss out of them... perhaps you're right Megl0s... maybe Alex will take the hint (but don't hold your breath though)... cheers.

...Meglos... I... I... I have a confession...I'm going to come clean... I used to be a Medium!... that's right... I was...

...now I'm well done!... I got really sunburned last weekend... that's right... I'm as fake as both John Edward and Jackie... some people (let's face it... nobody on these forums) may have believed my statement above for a few seconds and they are the people that these two prey upon... they are both a pair of shonks as far as I'm concerned... even Julia and Chris are continually taking the piss out of them... perhaps you're right Megl0s... maybe Alex will take the hint (but don't hold your breath though)... cheers.

Haha, I didn't need any psychic powers to see that coming :D

I liked the way Chris & Julia took the piss out of Jackie being covered in feathers. OMG it's a sign!

I think these "mediums" pray on the stupid and vulnerable, and it's disgusting really.

There is no way I am going to believe anything John Edward says. He could google anything about these celebrities or/and watch snippets/episodes of this show. This would be the easiest job he's ever had if he is a fraud. Nothing from his appearance on this show would make me believe he's the real deal.
HNXnsin.gif

Haha, I didn't need any psychic powers to see that coming :D

I liked the way Chris & Julia took the piss out of Jackie being covered in feathers. OMG it's a sign!

I think these "mediums" pray on the stupid and vulnerable, and it's disgusting really.
Haha, you got me. Wasn't expecting that. Wasn't concentrating. I am however very sceptical and cynical of 'talents' like this.
There is no way I am going to believe anything John Edward says. He could google anything about these celebrities or/and watch snippets/episodes of this show. This would be the easiest job he's ever had if he is a fraud. Nothing from his appearance on this show would make me believe he's the real deal.
HNXnsin.gif
I have that Seinfeld episode on vhs.
I'd like to see someone he's 'reading', maintain a totally impassive and deadpan face and demeanour, or as best as they can. See what happens then. No tells, so to speak, to encourage the reader.

HNXnsin.gif

...he has probably done his run in the USA and Canada and people have seen him for the fake that he is most likely... he would've pounced upon the invitation to come here to do his oogie boogie bullshit... and... there is a teenage boy by the name of 'Tyler Henry' pulling the same gig with all the gullible Hollywood movie stars at the moment so Edward is most likely 'old news' now... regardless... he is a parasite making a living out of people's sadness... that is unforgivable in my eyes at least... cheers.

...he has probably done his run in the USA and Canada and people have seen him for the fake that he is most likely... he would've pounced upon the invitation to come here to do his oogie boogie bullshit... and... there is a teenage boy by the name of 'Tyler Henry' pulling the same gig with all the gullible Hollywood movie stars at the moment so Edward is most likely 'old news' now... regardless... he is a parasite making a living out of people's sadness... that is unforgivable in my eyes at least... cheers.
Remember Uri Geller and Doris Stokes? Creepy.

Is that the little old lady who Don Lane got so upset about, because his other guest was calling her a fake? I'm too young by a few years to have seen it live but I've seen it on clips shows.
I think I may have seen it live. Not sure, as it was ages ago, but I've certainly seen the clip several times. She was later proved to be a fake.[DOUBLEPOST=1519976176][/DOUBLEPOST]
I think I may have seen it live. Not sure, as it was ages ago, but I've certainly seen the clip several times. She was later proved to be a fake. It was 1980 and I was 18.

All of this shit used to be illegal, because it is all fake and lies, nobody was allowed to charge for fortune telling...

Wonder when that stopped and why?

All those fakes online, mystical....yeah sure, it is dimwit Bob down the road sitting in his dirty undies stealing suckers money

And, umm, aren't they supposed to tell you about the FUTURE????

All that greasy perma tanned creep did was commit a whole lot of googled famous facts about the past to memory

Remember Uri Geller and Doris Stokes? Creepy.

Is that the little old lady who Don Lane got so upset about, because his other guest was calling her a fake? I'm too young by a few years to have seen it live but I've seen it on clips shows.

I think I may have seen it live. Not sure, as it was ages ago, but I've certainly seen the clip several times. She was later proved to be a fake.[DOUBLEPOST=1519976176][/DOUBLEPOST]

...I saw that Live on the Don Lane Show and the guy that was told to "piss off out of here!" was James Randi who was a famous Skeptic and did all he could to call those shonks out... I liked Don Lane but he was suckered in by Doris Stokes just because she was 'like everyone's mum or granny'... and yes... she was later proved to be a total fake a few years later... and speaking of Uri Geller... here he is being debunked by James Randi himself... an Evangelist named Peter Popoff is included in it... Uri squirms and makes excuses to Johnny Carson because he wasn't able to touch the objects before his trickery... and make sure that you watch the end where Randi shows how to do 'Psychic Surgery'... it's hilarious!...

...these videos below show James Randi at his best... I really urge you to watch them... they are fun indeed... the highlight of the second video is the height of James's belt on his pants lol!...

...and just for good measure... a compilation of fails from others... (I love looking at these on YouTube... they are so telling)... I hope that you enjoy them... cheers.

...I saw that Live on the Don Lane Show and the guy that was told to "piss off out of here!" was James Randi who was a famous Skeptic and did all he could to call those shonks out... I liked Don Lane but he was suckered in by Doris Stokes just because she was 'like everyone's mum or granny'... and yes... she was later proved to be a total fake a few years later... and speaking of Uri Geller... here he is being debunked by James Randi himself... an Evangelist named Peter Popoff is included in it... Uri squirms and makes excuses to Johnny Carson because he wasn't able to touch the objects before his trickery... and make sure that you watch the end where Randi shows how to do 'Psychic Surgery'... it's hilarious!...

...these videos below show James Randi at his best... I really urge you to watch them... they are fun indeed... the highlight of the second video is the height of James's belt on his pants lol!...

...and just for good measure... a compilation of fails from others... (I love looking at these on YouTube... they are so telling)... I hope that you enjoy them... cheers.

I can't watch them at work and I have no idea why the font has changed. I've hit something wrong. The look on the face of the woman in the last picture and the man are hilarious. I'll check them out when I get home. What key do I hit to go back to normal? I'm on a work computer.

I can't watch them at work and I have no idea why the font has changed. I've hit something wrong. The look on the face of the woman in the last picture and the man are hilarious. I'll check them out when I get home. What key do I hit to go back to normal? I'm on a work computer.

Sorted. Geez, I panic sometimes. Very computer unsavvy, lol.

2018-03-03_0-32-49.jpg

...haha!... I guess that you figured out that you had accidentally tapped the 'Italics' button then Fiona?... oh well... at least you'll now know next time lol!... cheers.

I got to thinking something that offers a possible argument as to those they say 'it could be you' actually are in the bottom three votes, rather than just being plucked from random.

Ok, look at the first week when Tiffany went. They showed Kerry and Simone as being 'it could be you' as well.

Then the next week, Kerry went (after being shown in bottom three) and the others they said 'it could be you' to were Shannon and Simone.

Then when Lisa went, they had Shannon and Simone there again! So either they're really picking on Shannon and especially Simone for whatever reason with the 'it could be you' and don't seem to be really mixing it up or those they say 'it could be you' actually are getting less votes than the others.

Last edited:
I got to thinking something that offers a possible argument as to those they say 'it could be you' actually are in the bottom three votes, rather than just being plucked from random.

Ok, look at the first week when Tiffany went. They showed Kerry and Simone as being 'it could be you' as well.

Then the next week, Kerry went (after being shown in bottom three) and the others they said 'it could be you' to were Shannon and Simone.

Then when Lisa went, they had Shannon and Simone there again! So either they're really picking on Shannon and especially Simone for whatever reason with the 'it could be you' and don't seem to be really mixing it up or those they say 'it could be you' actually are getting less votes than the others.

Your theory is a good one, that does seem likely. If they were just choosing the other two, we would have seen some "scares" by now to shake things up, like Fiona or Peter. The absence of that probably does indicate that they are not in danger at the moment.

Back