Skip to main content

Episode I'm A Celebrity! AU (2018) - Episode Discussion

I got to thinking something that offers a possible argument as to those they say 'it could be you' actually are in the bottom three votes, rather than just being plucked from random.

Ok, look at the first week when Tiffany went. They showed Kerry and Simone as being 'it could be you' as well.

Then the next week, Kerry went (after being shown in bottom three) and the others they said 'it could be you' to were Shannon and Simone.

Then when Lisa went, they had Shannon and Simone there again! So either they're really picking on Shannon and especially Simone for whatever reason with the 'it could be you' and don't seem to be really mixing it up or those they say 'it could be you' actually are getting less votes than the others.

Ditto, I have always assumed the lowest voted are named, anything else would be deceptive and likely illegal

Ditto, I have always assumed the lowest voted are named, anything else would be deceptive and likely illegal

Deceptive, yes. Possibly not illegal, because "it could be you" is not the same as saying "you are in the bottom two".

I can't remember what the wording was on Australian Idol, but there was a week when Guy Sebastian was in the bottom 2 or 3, when it clearly wasn't true.

Next Eviction Market (Evicted 5th)

Paul Burrell 1.60
Simone Holtznagel 4.00
Jackie Gillies 6.00
Shannon Noll 8.00
Danny Green 10.00
Josh Gibson 14.00
Vicky Pattison 21.00
Fiona O'Loughlin 36.00
Peter Rowsthorn 61.00

Outright Winner

Peter Rowsthorn 2.00
Josh Gibson 2.40
Danny Green 5.50
Shannon Noll 6.00
Fiona O'Loughlin 7.00
Jackie Gillies 18.00
Vicky Pattison 36.00
Simone Holtznagel 61.00
Paul Burrell 101.00

https://www.sportsbet.com.au/bettin...ustralia/IACGMOOH-2018-Australia-3773674.html

Let's see if Paul, Simone & Jackie are the ones named.

Deceptive, yes. Possibly not illegal, because "it could be you" is not the same as saying "you are in the bottom two".

I can't remember what the wording was on Australian Idol, but there was a week when Guy Sebastian was in the bottom 2 or 3, when it clearly wasn't true.

Being deceptive is illegal

Josh, Danny & Shannon punching way above their weight. There is no way they are more entertaining than Fiona or Vicky.
Why this stupid gender imbalance?

...I totally agree Meglos... who on this Planet Earth would consider Josh or especially Shannon to be more popular than the others?... Danny is growing on me but no way is he more popular than Fiona or Vicky by a mile... the people putting up these betting odds must be looking at a completely different show than the rest of us because that's the only way that I can explain their odds...

...Josh is totally devoid of any form of personality whatsoever as far as I'm concerned... Shannon is so grating and unintelligible to watch... especially when he starts to 'sing'... (I'm sure that I hear the neighborhood dogs begin to howl whenever he starts to 'sing'... I'll check next time to be sure)... and as I said... Danny is starting to grow on me but he's nowhere as near as being more popular than either Fiona or Vicky as far as entertainment value goes for me at least... cheers.

the people putting up these betting odds must be looking at a completely different show than the rest of us because that's the only way that I can explain their odds.

The odds are based on how many people are betting for a certain person/thing.

eg:

So if people place 5 bets on Peter winning & none for Paul, Peters odds of winning are higher, that's why his odds are 2 & Paul's 100.

If people bet 10 times for Paul to go & 1 for Peter, Paul's odds are favourite for him to be booted out.

Does that make sense, typing it & reading it, it doesn't. lol

Yeah I think Paul will be eliminated tonight.

Vicky has been a great addition to the camp. You can see she really wants to be there and is embracing everything. She was devastated when she was in the bottom 3 last Sunday. :(

I think Paul has been good value as well. Though he wouldn't be a favourite of mine. I also somewhat enjoyed David Oldfield's short stint in the jungle but if he had stayed any longer it would have been too much.

I enjoyed this season quite a lot actually. I really hope it comes back next year. What on earth would I look forward to at the start of ratings season if I didn't have this show? :( The start of the season mainly thanks to Mundine was painfully boring but I think it picked up a bit when Vicky and Paul came in? I think we need someone in every season who is entertaining and who takes everything that comes their way with humility and good humour. We sort of lacked someone like that at the start I think... That is just my opinion though. :)

Also the main thing I love about this show is hearing about the celebrities life stories. It's definitely my favourite part. :):)

Since we have buckley's of getting rid of any of the male lumps of nothing.......I hope it is Jackie if it is a female, Shannon would be my ideal dump.
I want the Brits and rest of the women to stay and do well.

I would say it's because all three are more well known and therefore would have more fans capable of voting for them.

...yes you are obviously right sav0001 but even though they may be fans of theirs surely they cannot consider keeping them in just for that reason alone?... they are dead set boring!... lol!... I used to love Jo Beth Taylor until she was on the show and when I eventually saw what a disappointing little flower that she ended up being I wished that she had never gone on it... halfway through it I was hoping that she was the next one eliminated... she was boring and needed to go... IF I ever voted to keep someone in it would only be for the reasons that they were entertaining me... not just because I was a fan of theirs... hence the reason as to why I'm flummoxed by why they are still there... but then again... it's probably just me lol!... cheers.

Reactions: kxk
Since we have buckley's of getting rid of any of the male lumps of nothing.......I hope it is Jackie if it is a female, Shannon would be my ideal dump.
I want the Brits and rest of the women to stay and do well.

...I totally agree with every single thing that you said here kxk... especially the highlighted bit... I sure hope that Paul stays now that he is finally shutting up with his 'Diana' stories... he is so entertaining for me when he does... Jackie or Shannon definitely need to go that's for sure... cheers.

Hi everyone, I'm Mrs G. Unfortunately my husband is now disabled and unable to post.
I would like to say sorry I'm a bit of a lurker, but only because I can't do much on the computer.
I'm a bit PC clueless, I don't know about adding links or attachments to make reading a better experience.
I love reading all your comments and I have often changed my original opinion of a contestant as a result.
As a lifelong Hawthorn supporter I was hoping for a lot more from Josh, but I find him pretty boring.
Anyway I just wanted to say sorry if my lurking as a guest was wrong.
I also hope Paul is evicted tonight.

WELCOME
I posted about guests lurking, just curious, nothing wrong about guests lurking ........the growing numbers at certain times just intrigues me.
I too lurk on other forums, mainly Brit ones, about Doctor Who - and they have waaaaaaaaaaaay too much DW knowledge for me to intrude.
I lurk a bit on jokersupdates (US, stuff), and digitalspy (Brit).....I expect lurkers here do what I do, try to understand other cultures and their RTV mysteries?????

This forum would love to hear from more guests :)

Oh and @gazzar ....re PC skills, partly what I loved about BB originally was learning how forums and chatting online works.
I had so many eager 'helpers'.......taught me everything about a lot of internet stuff, and sent me in the right direction for so much techie stuff I never knew.

Hi everyone, I'm Mrs G. Unfortunately my husband is now disabled and unable to post.
I would like to say sorry I'm a bit of a lurker, but only because I can't do much on the computer.
I'm a bit PC clueless, I don't know about adding links or attachments to make reading a better experience.
I love reading all your comments and I have often changed my original opinion of a contestant as a result.
As a lifelong Hawthorn supporter I was hoping for a lot more from Josh, but I find him pretty boring.

...as with kxk... welcome to the forums from me too gazzer... there's definitely nothing wrong with 'lurking' within these forums... it doesn't matter whether you're shy or just not computer savvy... just as long as you're having fun being on here reading what we post... the more the merrier as far as we're all concerned... so again... welcome!...

...also... what was your husband's Avatar name that he used to post under on here?... sometimes people just stop posting and we assume that they must have moved onto another forum or something or... well... 'left' us... just out of curiosity... if you wish... could you tell us who it is?... you don't have to tell us by any means... it's your choice... (I'm just a nosy parker that's all lol!)... cheers.

Hello and welcome Gazzar!
There is absolutely nothing wrong with being a lurker! Think kxk was just curious if anyone who wasn't a member was reading our posts! I'm sure there are many many people out there like you who do! :) I lurk on many forums as well but there is really only a couple I regularly post at. Sometimes I can't be bothered registering to a new forum or I am too lazy to log in if I am a member. Haha. :)

Barney....just can't keep his big dumb mouth shut....did you see the BEETROOTED fools latest?
And, the other biggest fool, the bitch slandering women admin workers, I want that helmet haired bitch thrown out pronto

Back