Skip to main content

Episode I'm A Celebrity! AU (2018) - Episode Discussion

I agree, I'm glad that the 4 who have gone are out, they added nothing, and I'd even say they detracted from the show for me. I am loving Shannon, Fiona and Peter. Paul and Vickie are great too. I'm not fussed on the Oldfields because *meh* it's just them again. But the rest of the camp now I'm liking.

But yes the manufactured story lines that aren't really there is a bit much.

...hey benird... how are you?... wow!... you're a long time member but post very little... are you just an avid reader of the forums only?... if so... fair enough my friend... and... I agree with all that you said except for Shannon... he gives me the irrits big time... but yes... the Oldfields... such a bad move by Alex for sure... cheers.

I too am enjoying it.
And I argue with my sis about, she has never seen the Brit version.
She whines about celebs being nobodies, doesn't like Fiona so we clash as i love her.

Lots of posters and viewers, audience that comment elsewhere ......they don't seem to get the basic premise, the show is designed for has beens, notorious, shamed, whatevers.....to suffer and redeem, to shine or fall over.
Expecting A-list or even B-list is silly.
I enjoyed watching the Brit version.....with Brit celebs who are utterly nobodies to me

I don't mind that the celebrities aren't A or B-listers. Sometimes someone I've never heard of ends up becoming one of my favourites, though it hasn't happened this series.
My problem is the stunt casting - the gimmicky guests who we are supposed to be fascinated by, but they're all a big non-event.
I love this show, but I won't lie, I almost stopped watching after a few days of Anthony Mundine and Danny Green. Then the brits were inoffensive but totally underwhelming, and now the Oldfields just seem to be yet another unnecessary serving of bad taste.
At the moment the only ones sustaining my interest are Peter and Fiona.

I don't mind that the celebrities aren't A or B-listers. Sometimes someone I've never heard of ends up becoming one of my favourites, though it hasn't happened this series.
My problem is the stunt casting - the gimmicky guests who we are supposed to be fascinated by, but they're all a big non-event.
I love this show, but I won't lie, I almost stopped watching after a few days of Anthony Mundine and Danny Green. Then the brits were inoffensive but totally underwhelming, and now the Oldfields just seem to be yet another unnecessary serving of bad taste.
From the limited I've seen, I'm in agreeance.

Just signed up for Twitter I’m beachsands2601. It was difficult because I had signed up before but had forgotten all details of course.

I'm khun_khun_62 on twitter.

I don't use twitter, but it looks like no one has used that page since 2016? But yes, a good idea for others.

...I'm 'Mr Stickyfingers' on there too lol!... well that's a few of us at least so far... when I went there yesterday much to my relief I saw this message...

2018-02-20_16-11-49.jpg

...so I had instant 'peace of mind' and knew that this website was coming back at least... I don't think that you have to be a member of Twitter to be able to see the website Meglos so perhaps just use it as a reference perhaps?... either way at least it's a form of contact about what the status of this website I guess?... cheers.

Also, I don't know if I'm alone in this, but I get absolutely no pleasure out of seeing people suffer, whether they are celebrities or not. I wish they would do Survivor-type challenges, rather than ALWAYS eating disgusting animal body parts. I don't enjoy that part of it. It's great when the celebrity earns stars for camp, but the process is not really entertainment.

...hey benird... how are you?... wow!... you're a long time member but post very little... are you just an avid reader of the forums only?... if so... fair enough my friend... and... I agree with all that you said except for Shannon... he gives me the irrits big time... but yes... the Oldfields... such a bad move by Alex for sure... cheers.

Hi Mr StickyFingers! Yeah I'm a lurker these days. I'm always reading what's going on particularly in the BB and the IACGMOOH forums but yeah rarely do I feel the need to post as you all say what I'm feeling. I do like a few posts here and there though.

Yeah I get that Shannon is a like or loath type character but then I felt the same with Casey last year. Sure she's talented but her appeal just wasn't there for me. A deserving winner though.

I think Alex has made some big casting errors this year, Tomic and Mundine were huge errors, especially Tomic if what he said about depression was true, and the Oldflields just *bleh*. And more than 1 lot of intruders sucks! IMO we want to watch the group form and unify not get shaken up every 2 weeks for the producer's entertainment. However the Aussie series is a very long series so they do need something I guess.

I love the never heard of C/D listers that the UK version of the show gets so I'm more than happy with the same low grade celebs we get.

However as an Aussie viewer of our version at least I've heard of most of them even if it's just in passing. It's the sports stars I've got NFI about, especially AFL players as I'm a non sporting Queenslander so AFL has less than zero impact on my life.

And yes stunt cast is the problem wit this series. Just look at what introducing Danny did to the Mundine stunt. The oldfields will be the same especially once David gets relaxed in there.

I'm with you with Peter and Fiona, they're the 2 who attracted me to this year as I love both of their comedy.

Also, I don't know if I'm alone in this, but I get absolutely no pleasure out of seeing people suffer, whether they are celebrities or not. I wish they would do Survivor-type challenges, rather than ALWAYS eating disgusting animal body parts. I don't enjoy that part of it. It's great when the celebrity earns stars for camp, but the process is not really entertainment.

I'd prefer more solo challenges like the UK series. I also prefer the physically demanding challenges that the UK series seems to dominate with. The boring heights ones I don't care for as I'm a rock climber and abseiler so climbing towers and the like is my dream weekend.

The eating challenges are OK on occasion but there's too many in the Aussie version IMO.

Completely in agreement there. It turns me off. One day, someone will get ill and not just because they couldn't stomach it.

Maybe I am crazy but I am still enjoying the show. It doesn't seem as bad as everyone on social media is making it out to be. The camp mates have been interesting to me and most of the Tucker Trials have been really good. My only complaints would be the push for the "showmance" between Josh and Simone that never existed and Anthony Mundine was terribly boring but at least he decided to leave so that fixed that problem and the hyped but fell flat faux rivalry finished.

I think the show will come back next year. I would like to see this show last at least 8 seasons like the original Big Brother series and we still have plenty of Aussie celebrities that could do this show to continue for a few more years.

The show is too expensive to keep going with these ratings. It would have to increase its ratings to stay on the air, which would be a miracle at this point.

I'd prefer more solo challenges like the UK series. I also prefer the physically demanding challenges that the UK series seems to dominate with. The boring heights ones I don't care for as I'm a rock climber and abseiler so climbing towers and the like is my dream weekend.

The eating challenges are OK on occasion but there's too many in the Aussie version IMO.

The eating challenges are only on Tuesdays.

The eating challenges are only on Tuesdays.

Yes but it's every Tuesday so 6 in total and even then it's a minimum of 2 celebs, so IMO far too many. I like the UK where there's may 2 during the season and then 1 of the final 3 has one. But we're comparing Apples to Oranges comparing UK to AU.

When Kerry was booted & was being interviewed, I thought she would never shut up.

She went on & on & she didn't give a rats on who wins, it was all about her.

Was it just me, but during the challenge that Peter did, I thought it was strange that the lock thingy was hard to remove after he removed the locks etc.

All the others seemed to come off easily.

I didn't like the blind soccer, don't know why they put the ducks etc under stress, it wasn't great viewing.

When Kerry was booted & was being interviewed, I thought she would never shut up.

She went on & on & she didn't give a rats on who wins, it was all about her.

Was it just me, but during the challenge that Peter did, I thought it was strange that the lock thingy was hard to remove after he removed the locks etc.

All the others seemed to come off easily.

I didn't like the blind soccer, don't know why they put the ducks etc under stress, it wasn't great viewing.
She's always struck me as being a bit precious and thinking she's better than she actually is as an actress. She has a tendency to sound insipid too, regardless of the character. If that's her natural voice, well, that's unfortunate.

To be fair to Alex he may be putting in camp mates that would have replaced Tomic and Mundine after their unexpected exits...
Nah, the Oldfields were advertised before the show started, and isn't there usually one or two Pommy intruders?[DOUBLEPOST=1519110377][/DOUBLEPOST]
She's always struck me as being a bit precious and thinking she's better than she actually is as an actress. She has a tendency to sound insipid too, regardless of the character. If that's her natural voice, well, that's unfortunate.
I think she played herself in Prisoner.

Yeah I didn't like that. I don't like it when they put the animals in risky situations. Some of them could have been injured. Plus the poor animals don't know what's going on. Does anyone know if they have animal monitoring on this show?

Yeah I didn't like that. I don't like it when they put the animals in risky situations. Some of them could have been injured. Plus the poor animals don't know what's going on. Does anyone know if they have animal monitoring on this show?
They have a vet as an host. You'd think he'd be careful of endangering the animals.

Back