Skip to main content

Episode I'm A Celebrity! AU (2016) - Episode Discussion

Oh, Mr Sticky - I am so with you on this. I feel foolish for watching so keenly. Alex Mav is a turd. I don't know why they booted out Peter Abbott last series - probably because he didn't want to do foul things like this. I haven't enjoyed this series as much as last year's because of Alex's endless stunts and because of all the focus on meanness with the cliques, and after last night I would be very wary of watching again. I really don't think I could watch Julia Morris again and enjoy her antics, after that, either.

...oh good... thanks for that Melore... at least I'm not alone on this... I have no idea as to why Peter Abbott was not running it this year but I have a sneaking suspicion that Peter sets a new show up and then if it works he hands it over to Alex to stuff it up with his shit leadership... and then Peter moves on to another show set up... I dunno... Peter Abbott set up the revival of Big Brother on Channel 9 and Alex finally killed it off with him directing that ship like the Titanic... I'm guessing that with his first time at the helm of this ship then Titanic II is on the horizon... if you want a good rating show to sink then just hand it to Alex... perhaps Channels 9 and 7 are secretly paying Alex to kill high rating shows on other Channels off?... just saying lol!... cheers.

...in my opinion shadow2 Laurina didn't have to 'improve'... she was perfectly fine as she was... all she needed to do was 'adjust' herself so that she was 'in line' with the way that all of her fellow 'friends' expected her to behave in the way that they wanted her to... but she is and was a free spirit that was never going to be accepted by the rest of those 'celebrities' regardless of what she did to conform to their wishes because to them... she was an outsider... she wasn't 'worthy of Celebrity status' but she did compromise and kind of learned what to say and not to say towards the end (probably out of the fact that she was weary from trying to 'fit in')...

...Laurina was still standing proud as a free spirited woman all the way to the end regardless and then she was finally crushed in that exit interview with Julia and Chris... she was crushed because she never expected them to stick it to her from that direction... you could see it in her face... what they did to her was a low act indeed... I noticed that they didn't show Fev speaking to her like shit in his 'highlights package'... funny that eh?...

...I think that she was like a rabbit in the headlights of a car after watching her 'bad highlights' package and was just saying that 'yes I did improve' type of statement because she was finally broken and just agreed to end it all to get out of there myself... even when she was leaving across that bridge with the fireworks going off she looked bewildered and you could see by the expression on her face that she wasn't herself anymore... she was shattered... it was sad to see... Chris and Julia broke her...

...she just agreed that she had 'improved' just to get out of there in my books... she had finally had enough... thank god that it was all over for her I say... Julia and Chris should hang their heads in shame and Alex needs to be relieved of his job as the Producer of the show... at least when Peter Abbott was running this show last year he would never have allowed that shit to have happened... he would've be ashamed to have watched that... that's the difference between the two... no... Laurina didn't need to 'improve'... she just needed to 'adjust' in my books... but only if she wanted to adjust... not because she had to... well they are my thoughts on all of this anyway... they might not necessarily be right but that's how I feel about it regardless my friend... cheers.
sorry MrS but she did need to improve from the first week

1. to pitch in and help around camp and not expect others to do all the hard work
2. to learn not to keep butting in to every conversation whether or not she had something worthwhile to say

she did both those things to her credit - and I'm sure the others appreciated it
they weren't adjustments though - she needed to turn her behaviour right around in those aspects
its just a shame she needed to learn those lessons at her age really

I don't think she was shattered - she can't have been surprised at some of that footage because she knew who had issues with her in camp and why ... I think she was just shocked Julia kept harping on about it - and then she seemed to have to harp on in her own defence
It should have been a celebration of all the great things she did with the trials rather than the put down job
Rather than shattered I think disappointed is better word - I don't think you can push her down for too long - she has a good sense of her own self-worth (not a negative thing) and she doesn't need the friendship of these people

I think that's where she might have fallen down - thinking she doesn't need their friendship she forgot that sometimes you do need their respect in order to gain their ear and their understanding

she won their respect by showing them via all the trials that she COULD do it and WAS prepared to give it her all ... she just let herself down in that very first week in my opinion by not pitching in and being a bit too loud and proud with her opinions about how things should be done without actually doing anything real to contribute

sorry MrS but she did need to improve from the first week

1. to pitch in and help around camp and not expect others to do all the hard work
2. to learn not to keep butting in to every conversation whether or not she had something worthwhile to say

she did both those things to her credit - and I'm sure the others appreciated it
they weren't adjustments though - she needed to turn her behaviour right around in those aspects
its just a shame she needed to learn those lessons at her age really

I don't think she was shattered - she can't have been surprised at some of that footage because she knew who had issues with her in camp and why ... I think she was just shocked Julia kept harping on about it - and then she seemed to have to harp on in her own defence
It should have been a celebration of all the great things she did with the trials rather than the put down job
Rather than shattered I think disappointed is better word - I don't think you can push her down for too long - she has a good sense of her own self-worth (not a negative thing) and she doesn't need the friendship of these people

I think that's where she might have fallen down - thinking she doesn't need their friendship she forgot that sometimes you do need their respect in order to gain their ear and their understanding

she won their respect by showing them via all the trials that she COULD do it and WAS prepared to give it her all ... she just let herself down in that very first week in my opinion by not pitching in and being a bit too loud and proud with her opinions about how things should be done without actually doing anything real to contribute

...in that first couple of days crimmy... once the other 'Celebrities' realised who Laurina was and that she wasn't a 'true celebrity' like them I think that Laurina took it to heart that they all looked at her like that... there is a strong possibility that she may have been shitty with them all for that and perhaps for that reason alone may have accounted for her earlier behaviour... to me that would've been an understandable reaction for her to have had... it doesn't excuse her for that kind of reaction or her unwillingness not to help out around camp and also perhaps deliberately butting into all of their conversations but to me... an understandable response...

...she would've obviously known that they would've shown some of her 'not to0 fine' moments in the camp but not to that intensity... and as you say... "It should have been a celebration of all the great things she did with the trials rather than the put down job"... I really do believe that she was shattered and also (as you say) so disappointed that they harped on and on and on about her 'bad parts' to point of it being so cringey and awkward to watch in my opinion...

...the fact that rebelled and didn't conform to what the rest of them wanted her to do was great to watch for me at least... she rebelled at that first task sure... but that's no reason to target her for the rest of the show... with every task AFTER that she excelled at all of them and ended up contributing to the camp more than the rest of them individually... yet she still never got the credit or accolades that she deserved... but instead got crucified by Chris and Julia at the exit interview... they should have just celebrated her time in the house like they did Paul and Fev but no... Alex didn't want that did he?... she beat his boy Warnie... we can't have that now can we?...

...I really don't agree with you that she 'won their respect' at any time at all while in that camp crimmy... if anything most of those 'Celebrities' were afraid of her fierce determination and independance and desire not to conform to their wishes... she wasn't 'one of them'... she was never going to be... she deserved better treatment by Chris and Julia... I also disagree with you that "she did need to improve from the first week"... no she didn't... she just needed to be herself... proud and independent... granted... that doesn't help make you 'fit in' but she never had the chance to regardless... cheers.

It goes both ways I guess, a person shouldn't have to change in order for people to like them and Laurina does appear to have a friendship group and loving partner so it's not as though she is intolerable to everyone, but I guess if you do encounter the same type of reactions and find yourself getting repeatedly ostracised in the same way you do need to look at if its something you are putting out there. That said, I think Laurina was unfairly treated as even if she was difficult to live with in such close quarters the fellow camp mates made their mind up about her quite quickly and seemed to project this onto everything about her, and basically there was a double standard where others could do or say things that she couldn't.

There are always two sides though, and who knows maybe Laurina will take this experience and use to facilitate a positive change, but she shouldn't have to. That package last night and the line of questioning was awful and no doubt changed her perception of the whole experience.

...in that first couple of days crimmy... once the other 'Celebrities' realised who Laurina was and that she wasn't a 'true celebrity' like them I think that Laurina took it to heart that they all looked at her like that... there is a strong possibility that she may have been shitty with them all for that and perhaps for that reason alone may have accounted for her earlier behaviour... to me that would've been an understandable reaction for her to have had... it doesn't excuse her for that kind of reaction or her unwillingness not to help out around camp and also perhaps deliberately butting into all of their conversations but to me... an understandable response...

...she would've obviously known that they would've shown some of her 'not to0 fine' moments in the camp but not to that intensity... and as you say... "It should have been a celebration of all the great things she did with the trials rather than the put down job"... I really do believe that she was shattered and also (as you say) so disappointed that they harped on and on and on about her 'bad parts' to point of it being so cringey and awkward to watch in my opinion...

...the fact that rebelled and didn't conform to what the rest of them wanted her to do was great to watch for me at least... she rebelled at that first task sure... but that's no reason to target her for the rest of the show... with every task AFTER that she excelled at all of them and ended up contributing to the camp more than the rest of them individually... yet she still never got the credit or accolades that she deserved... but instead got crucified by Chris and Julia at the exit interview... they should have just celebrated her time in the house like they did Paul and Fev but no... Alex didn't want that did he?... she beat his boy Warnie... we can't have that now can we?...

...I really don't agree with you that she 'won their respect' at any time at all while in that camp crimmy... if anything most of those 'Celebrities' were afraid of her fierce determination and independance and desire not to conform to their wishes... she wasn't 'one of them'... she was never going to be... she deserved better treatment by Chris and Julia... I also disagree with you that "she did need to improve from the first week"... no she didn't... she just needed to be herself... proud and independent... granted... that doesn't help make you 'fit in' but she never had the chance to regardless... cheers.

her behaviour (not helping around the camp) did need to improve if she wanted to fit in with everyone Mr S

and as for the "real celebrity" stuff ... I don't think they ever referred to themselves as REAL celebrities or thought that she didn't warrant the title until she started putting her opinion forth about absolutely everything - butting into other people's conversations at times and was very demanding about what SHE wanted etc which made them sit back and think - who does she think she is? THEN they said - wait a minute - this young woman is going around here wanting us to wait hand & foot on her, she's not picking up after herself, she's not helping but has plenty of free advice on everything without contributing ... she's not showing US any respect but we're supposed to respect HER and she's a celebrity WHY?

she got on their wrong side with her behaviour - she admitted last night she now knows to be calmer about things - in the way she approaches people and the way she does things. They have taught her that the way she was going about it wasn't being "independent" and "free thinking" but instead was being "pushy" and "rude" ... huge difference and she's had a wake up call about how to get on with people ... a bit of consideration goes a long way.

Noone likes a know-it-all mouthy person who can talk the leg off an iron horse ... that's what she was like to begin with ... she's toned it down a little and found you get more acceptance & cooperation from people that way. If she goes away from this and has truly learnt a little about working and living in a group situation and how to best handle communicating and acting amongst them, to get along with people and be accepted by them rather than just annoy the crap out of them ... well & good. If she hasn't learnt well she'll always find there are people that will just walk away and not be bothered having to deal with her

Maybe loud, bossy, forceful, uncooperative, rule-breakers are your thing MrS ... they're not mine :p

This was a group situation ... teamwork ... communication ... and yes abiding by some basic rules so that everyone gained rather than just her

The mirror crap was a prime example ... majority preferred it left up where it was but she insisted on bringing it down to camp so she could rearrange eyebrows already tattooed on ... ok fair enough but then she was arguing about having to put it back where it belonged. This is just plain selfish behaviour. And she exhibited that sort of unthinking selfishness a few times so I can see why she got people's backs up.

I'll do you a deal - should the opportunity arise YOU can go live with her ... I'm out! lol ;)

:laugh::laugh:
her behaviour (not helping around the camp) did need to improve if she wanted to fit in with everyone Mr S

and as for the "real celebrity" stuff ... I don't think they ever referred to themselves as REAL celebrities or thought that she didn't warrant the title until she started putting her opinion forth about absolutely everything - butting into other people's conversations at times and was very demanding about what SHE wanted etc which made them sit back and think - who does she think she is? THEN they said - wait a minute - this young woman is going around here wanting us to wait hand & foot on her, she's not picking up after herself, she's not helping but has plenty of free advice on everything without contributing ... she's not showing US any respect but we're supposed to respect HER and she's a celebrity WHY?

she got on their wrong side with her behaviour - she admitted last night she now knows to be calmer about things - in the way she approaches people and the way she does things. They have taught her that the way she was going about it wasn't being "independent" and "free thinking" but instead was being "pushy" and "rude" ... huge difference and she's had a wake up call about how to get on with people ... a bit of consideration goes a long way.

Noone likes a know-it-all mouthy person who can talk the leg off an iron horse ... that's what she was like to begin with ... she's toned it down a little and found you get more acceptance & cooperation from people that way. If she goes away from this and has truly learnt a little about working and living in a group situation and how to best handle communicating and acting amongst them, to get along with people and be accepted by them rather than just annoy the crap out of them ... well & good. If she hasn't learnt well she'll always find there are people that will just walk away and not be bothered having to deal with her

Maybe loud, bossy, forceful, uncooperative, rule-breakers are your thing MrS ... they're not mine :p

This was a group situation ... teamwork ... communication ... and yes abiding by some basic rules so that everyone gained rather than just her

The mirror crap was a prime example ... majority preferred it left up where it was but she insisted on bringing it down to camp so she could rearrange eyebrows already tattooed on ... ok fair enough but then she was arguing about having to put it back where it belonged. This is just plain selfish behaviour. And she exhibited that sort of unthinking selfishness a few times so I can see why she got people's backs up.

I'll do you a deal - should the opportunity arise YOU can go live with her ... I'm out! lol ;)
Thank you Crimmy, a voice of reason

I agree with you wholeheartedly, Stickyfingers. You nailed Laurina's cruel reception and I am very disappointed with Chris and Julia. I hope Laurina realises she was the ultimate star and hero of the show. Shame on the producers. Well said, Stickyfingers and very eloquently. I am glad she talked about her charity with passion in the face of Julia's knifing.

...haha!... we rarely agree on many things crimmy so I guess that we'll have to do the same here lol!... I do respect your views on this though crimmy as I always do with your posts and other's varied opinions...besides... if everyone agreed with me this forum would get boring very quickly wouldn't it?... lol!... anyway... it's all over for this year so let it be what it was eh?... whether the last show was right or wrong it doesn't take away the fact that the series was fantastic entertainment regardless of the crap that Alex dished up to us at various times... and living with Laurina?... haha!... she wouldn't be able to cope with me... I'd drive her insane within a few hours methinks lol!... cheers.

I agree with you wholeheartedly, Stickyfingers. You nailed Laurina's cruel reception and I am very disappointed with Chris and Julia. I hope Laurina realises she was the ultimate star and hero of the show. Shame on the producers. Well said, Stickyfingers and very eloquently. I am glad she talked about her charity with passion in the face of Julia's knifing.

...thanks Colderrain... that's very kind of you to say so... much appreciated my friend... I agree that Laurina should realise that she was the ultimate star of the show regardless... as long as she thinks that I'm happy for her to come third... she was great... thanks again... cheers.

Her exit was less than stellar and she was treated unfairly in that interview. However she can be happy in the knowledge that she outlasted celebrities with more celebrity than her and has earned her stripes.
As for talking about her charity, it was obvious to me that Julia was trying to shut her down when she started speaking but couldn't. Shame on all who belittled her.

Just googled Anthony's height - 157cm or 5'2" in the old money. I'm 156cm.
I always feel a bit of a shock when I find out how untall many 'celebrities' are.

crimmy you just knocked it out of the park.
Great Post.

I love your work @Mr Stickfingers but crimmy is spot on. Laurina got a hard time because she was a pain in the arse to live with.

In saying that I enjoyed watching her and quite liked her, but its best to call it what it is rather than insinuating the others didn't like her cause she was not a celebrity. As crimmy says that never came up once and is a bit unfair on the other campmates.

All up though a great season and I hope they do it again next year.

Great Post.

I love your work @Mr Stickfingers but crimmy is spot on. Laurina got a hard time because she was a pain in the arse to live with.

In saying that I enjoyed watching her and quite liked her, but its best to call it what it is rather than insinuating the others didn't like her cause she was not a celebrity. As crimmy says that never came up once and is a bit unfair on the other campmates.

...fair enough my friend... I don't agree but I respect your views on it... but I will stand by what I say regardless... anyhow... I'm now moving on and am watching Big Brother Canada at the moment on YouTube... that should tide me over until Masterchef starts soon... I'm also watching My Kitchen Rules but it's always the same old same old... everyone bitching and back stabbing... it gets tiresome at times but at least it's something to watch until Masterchef comes on I guess... Nigella Lawson will be on Masterchef... **Sticky drools**... I think that she is so gorgeous!... can't wait!... cheers.

Laurina didn't win :arghh:

Dr Chris and Julia are :asshat:

Chief should've won because he's been a gentleman throughout this series more so than Fev. :thumbsup:

Val was a stinker who let me down :thumbsdown:

Akmal was voted out too early and was my ultimate favorite to win. :(

Riiiiiight show is over so move along nothing more to see.

:p that's all folks

Last edited:
Great Post.

yes but i do have to say it WAS brought up that she should respect others and thats when notice of her rank on the celebrity scale was mentioned ... however it wasnt the reasonever given for anyone not liking her

Here is my two cents worth.

I think Laurina went in there to piss them all off, but then realised she had to change her game plan, as all of them at the start were really annoyed with her.

IMO: She got some pity votes as some people thought she was being bullied.

It reminded me of Big Brother in 2012. (re the so called bullying.)

Back