Skip to main content

Episode I'm A Celebrity! AU (2016) - Episode Discussion

...what really grinds my grits is that this whole season has been superb viewing throughout and I've loved watching it so much and have been waiting like a starstruck weeney-bopper looking forward to seeing the final three standing there and wanting to see who the winner would be regardless of who won it...

...okay... so my favourite didn't take it out she came 3rd... still loving the entire season up until that point... still happy that Laurina beat Warnie and Anthony and Jo Beth and that she came through it all with grace and charm even though she is not the winner... she approaches Julia and Chris so full of beans... so excited... so happy and joyful that she's out and free again and then her exit interview... this is where everything changed...

...then Chris and Julia start... slowly her joy and exuberance slowly slithers away to disappointment and sadness while watching that 'highlights' package of nastiness and shit about herself while watching her 'friends'... her 'comrades'... her 'camp mates' talking about her like that... her slowly realising that none of them had the guts to say to her face what they felt about her and chose instead to kill her with a thousand cuts with 'Chinese Whispers' behind her back...

...she had put the 'The Batchelor or Batchelorette' days behind her and came onto Celeb to gain 'credibilty' and to put all of that 'past baggage' behind her (not that she ever needed to)... she did the most tasks... (also gained a World record)... fed the camp the most... never really said a legitimate spiteful thing about anyone at all in camp compared to what they have all said about her at one stage or another... and still held her head up high and still had the self-pride grace and dignity throughout the whole thing that she had when she first entered the camp...

...that all changed when Julia and Chris did her exit interview... she stood there watching that package and saw that they all treated her like total shit at all times... Julia slowly shoved that knife into her even more in ever so slow increments... until it hit her heart... you could see that she expected to see a nice wrap of her times in there... all her great achievements and tribulations... it wasn't to be... there they were... showing all of the nasty things that they could find... you could see her joyous feelings slowly ebbing away... she was forcing a smile while seeing that gut-wrenching shit... Julia was still shoving that knife in...

...Julia then goes on to say how Laurina has 'redeemed' herself... about about she has 'improved' so much... on how the losers before her talked about her... on how she finally 'fitted in' in the last few shows... HOW FUCKING DARE THEY!!!!!!... how bloody disgusting!... to say that I am pissed off with this show is the understatement of the century!... it was pitiful on what they did... it truly was!...

...they then showed her a few brief 'good highlights' of her but I seriously doubt that any of them registered with her at all because she was probably 'shell-shocked' about all the nasty shit about her... she held her poise and gave back a bit of a half-hearted serve to Julia but the damage was done... her spirit was broken and what should have been one of her proudest moments of her life ebbed away to nothing!... she walked away with poise and graceful dignity but the wind was well and truly taken away from her sails... the poor girl...

...and THAT is where this show lost me... after 6 weeks of total entertainment just a period of about 10 minutes killed this show for me... I seriously doubt if I will watch this show next time it's on... I am so fucking disgusted and annoyed about this...I doubt that I would find anything funny whatsoever with whatever Julia and Chris did in the future because I will be thinking of what they did to Laurina tonight I'm afraid.. it just won't be the same... so they've lost me I have to say...

...I do want to say though... all of you guys have really made this a pleasure for me to post in this thread with all of your brilliant posts and have made this a fantastic experience to be part of... for that I thank all of you... I thank you very much... sadly I doubt that I'll be here for the next one... not after that tonight... I love you all... cheers.

Try not to take it personally Mr Sticky. The people running most tv shows (like Alex M) are heartless bastards for the most part, more interested in "story arcs" than anyone's feelings. They are probably rubbing their hands together that they managed to create a new villain for the dumber viewers to hate. Whether it's true or not doesn't matter to them. Ha ha, they probably made a girl cry, great for ratings. Since when is "you were crap six weeks ago but now you've changed and we don't mind you now?" justifiable?

Try not to take it personally Mr Sticky. The people running most tv shows (like Alex M) are heartless bastards for the most part, more interested in "story arcs" than anyone's feelings. They are probably rubbing their hands together that they managed to create a new villain for the dumber viewers to hate. Whether it's true or not doesn't matter to them. Ha ha, they probably made a girl cry, great for ratings. Since when is "you were crap six weeks ago but now you've changed and we don't mind you now?" justifiable?

...that's the trouble with me Meglos... I always say things from my heart before my brain has time to catch up lol!... (trust me... my sweet darling wife tells me that all the time)... I'm just as mad as hell right now... let's face it... I was saying stuff like "I hope that they don't have the families there because it's always so crappy"... as soon as it came on I was all "aw!... look at Paul and his family blah blah!"... lol!... I haven't really taken it personally in that sense but I just feel for poor Laurina that she was subjected to that... I so hope that other websites and the media crucify the show for what they did to her though...

...as I said... I love the show but I am seriously thinking that there may be no point in watching the show next time because it won't be the same for me with Julia and Chris as the hosts if I watch it... I can see now that whatever they say or do or how funny it is I will not be laughing at or with them the way that I did this time... so the show will probably be 'flat' for me... a shame really... it was the closest to Big Brother that we've had for a long time... oh well!... cheers.

Ooooooooo eeerrrrr can't wait till I get home on Wednesday to watch all that I have missed.

I have loved being here with the BBBA gang for another show..

So what are we watching next?

MasterChef?

...I think that this is the way to go for sure... My Kitchen Rules is okay but it's EXACTLY the same script each week and they just change the names around to who is cooking that week... besides... Nigella Lawson is going to be in Masterchef and I so love her!... this is definitely my next show to frequent like I did this one... and yet another great Channel 10 show that they do so damn well... this one for sure... it's so different in each episode and it's seems so much harder for them to rig a winner from what I can see... cheers.

Everyone should have known who won at the start of the show.

Puts on Tin foil hat.

Paul & Laurina were wearing green shirts & Brendan was wearing a blue shirt & Brendan won.

ZOMG: It was there for all to see. Was I the only one to pick that up.

...what really grinds my grits is that this whole season has been superb viewing throughout and I've loved watching it so much and have been waiting like a starstruck weeney-bopper looking forward to seeing the final three standing there and wanting to see who the winner would be regardless of who won it...

...okay... so my favourite didn't take it out she came 3rd... still loving the entire season up until that point... still happy that Laurina beat Warnie and Anthony and Jo Beth and that she came through it all with grace and charm even though she is not the winner... she approaches Julia and Chris so full of beans... so excited... so happy and joyful that she's out and free again and then her exit interview... this is where everything changed...

...then Chris and Julia start... slowly her joy and exuberance slowly slithers away to disappointment and sadness while watching that 'highlights' package of nastiness and shit about herself while watching her 'friends'... her 'comrades'... her 'camp mates' talking about her like that... her slowly realising that none of them had the guts to say to her face what they felt about her and chose instead to kill her with a thousand cuts with 'Chinese Whispers' behind her back...

...she had put the 'The Batchelor or Batchelorette' days behind her and came onto Celeb to gain 'credibilty' and to put all of that 'past baggage' behind her (not that she ever needed to)... she did the most tasks... (also gained a World record)... fed the camp the most... never really said a legitimate spiteful thing about anyone at all in camp compared to what they have all said about her at one stage or another... and still held her head up high and still had the self-pride grace and dignity throughout the whole thing that she had when she first entered the camp...

...that all changed when Julia and Chris did her exit interview... she stood there watching that package and saw that they all treated her like total shit at all times... Julia slowly shoved that knife into her even more in ever so slow increments... until it hit her heart... you could see that she expected to see a nice wrap of her times in there... all her great achievements and tribulations... it wasn't to be... there they were... showing all of the nasty things that they could find... you could see her joyous feelings slowly ebbing away... she was forcing a smile while seeing that gut-wrenching shit... Julia was still shoving that knife in...

...Julia then goes on to say how Laurina has 'redeemed' herself... about about she has 'improved' so much... on how the losers before her talked about her... on how she finally 'fitted in' in the last few shows... HOW FUCKING DARE THEY!!!!!!... how bloody disgusting!... to say that I am pissed off with this show is the understatement of the century!... it was pitiful on what they did... it truly was!...

...they then showed her a few brief 'good highlights' of her but I seriously doubt that any of them registered with her at all because she was probably 'shell-shocked' about all the nasty shit about her... she held her poise and gave back a bit of a half-hearted serve to Julia but the damage was done... her spirit was broken and what should have been one of her proudest moments of her life ebbed away to nothing!... she walked away with poise and graceful dignity but the wind was well and truly taken away from her sails... the poor girl...

...and THAT is where this show lost me... after 6 weeks of total entertainment just a period of about 10 minutes killed this show for me... I seriously doubt if I will watch this show next time it's on... I am so fucking disgusted and annoyed about this...I doubt that I would find anything funny whatsoever with whatever Julia and Chris did in the future because I will be thinking of what they did to Laurina tonight I'm afraid.. it just won't be the same... so they've lost me I have to say...

...I do want to say though... all of you guys have really made this a pleasure for me to post in this thread with all of your brilliant posts and have made this a fantastic experience to be part of... for that I thank all of you... I thank you very much... sadly I doubt that I'll be here for the next one... not after that tonight... I love you all... cheers.

Oh, Mr Sticky - I am so with you on this. I feel foolish for watching so keenly. Alex Mav is a turd. I don't know why they booted out Peter Abbott last series - probably because he didn't want to do foul things like this. I haven't enjoyed this series as much as last year's because of Alex's endless stunts and because of all the focus on meanness with the cliques, and after last night I would be very wary of watching again. I really don't think I could watch Julia Morris again and enjoy her antics, after that, either.

...I think that this is the way to go for sure... My Kitchen Rules is okay but it's EXACTLY the same script each week and they just change the names around to who is cooking that week... besides... Nigella Lawson is going to be in Masterchef and I so love her!... this is definitely my next show to frequent like I did this one... and yet another great Channel 10 show that they do so damn well... this one for sure... it's so different in each episode and it's seems so much harder for them to rig a winner from what I can see... cheers.
when does masterchef start?

Don't know if I want to watch the finale anymore,poor Laurina...the rest of them with the exception of Havana,Paul and Dean..what a bunch of bullies..celebrity bullies!!

...it looks like the Producers are crucifying poor Laurina by showing all the negative shit doesn't it?... and now Julia is telling her about how she 'improved' at the end... that is so shitful... I'm so disappointed that Julia actually had the hide to say that!... that is so pathetic!... Laurina didn't have to 'IMPROVE' Julia!!!!... cheers.
Laurina did improve!!! Her attitude was needing adjustment she even said so herself !!! And she did. She took all that on board and changed her attitude

Laurina did improve!!! Her attitude was needing adjustment she even said so herself !!! And she did. She took all that on board and changed her attitude

...in my opinion shadow2 Laurina didn't have to 'improve'... she was perfectly fine as she was... all she needed to do was 'adjust' herself so that she was 'in line' with the way that all of her fellow 'friends' expected her to behave in the way that they wanted her to... but she is and was a free spirit that was never going to be accepted by the rest of those 'celebrities' regardless of what she did to conform to their wishes because to them... she was an outsider... she wasn't 'worthy of Celebrity status' but she did compromise and kind of learned what to say and not to say towards the end (probably out of the fact that she was weary from trying to 'fit in')...

...Laurina was still standing proud as a free spirited woman all the way to the end regardless and then she was finally crushed in that exit interview with Julia and Chris... she was crushed because she never expected them to stick it to her from that direction... you could see it in her face... what they did to her was a low act indeed... I noticed that they didn't show Fev speaking to her like shit in his 'highlights package'... funny that eh?...

...I think that she was like a rabbit in the headlights of a car after watching her 'bad highlights' package and was just saying that 'yes I did improve' type of statement because she was finally broken and just agreed to end it all to get out of there myself... even when she was leaving across that bridge with the fireworks going off she looked bewildered and you could see by the expression on her face that she wasn't herself anymore... she was shattered... it was sad to see... Chris and Julia broke her...

...she just agreed that she had 'improved' just to get out of there in my books... she had finally had enough... thank god that it was all over for her I say... Julia and Chris should hang their heads in shame and Alex needs to be relieved of his job as the Producer of the show... at least when Peter Abbott was running this show last year he would never have allowed that shit to have happened... he would've be ashamed to have watched that... that's the difference between the two... no... Laurina didn't need to 'improve'... she just needed to 'adjust' in my books... but only if she wanted to adjust... not because she had to... well they are my thoughts on all of this anyway... they might not necessarily be right but that's how I feel about it regardless my friend... cheers.

and in some of the highlights at the end we actually saw Brendan, Shane and Paul ALL acknowledge to her face that she had done so
Brendan admitted to her face that he hadn't liked her at the start but she won him over (she'd just been shown JoBeth whispering that Brendan didn't like her at all - that was hardly necessary to be shown!)

It was really poor that they made such a negative package BUT remember - if she didn't put it out there they couldn't show it
If the others put it out there they did show it (JoBeth with the finger up in the air, the whispers to Bonnie etc ... Fev with his outburst re the hiding of contraband etc (mind you I could understand his frustration and when her reaction was just to lie down and ignore him and then pipe up and provoke him more - I could understand why he was angry and spoke the way he did - the others didn't stand up for her because they agreed with what he was trying to say) ... and Shane and his never ending pouting)

Difference being Laurina's requests and whines etc were entertaining (annoying to live with so I can totally see why she rubbed people up the wrong way)

I've made no secret Laurina is not my cup of tea at all ... but I can admit that Julia didn't need to push it so far ... there was no need to put Laurina on the back foot - but good on her for coming right back swinging. She shouldn't have needed to defend herself though! They obviously did have 2 packages prepared for her - and showed them both - if she won they perhaps wouldn't have shown the slightly negative one ... to me it just showed she'd been very entertaining but it didn't carry through to viewer votes

We can claim a rip off all we like but these things would have to be auditted ... just think for the final at least they could tell us the % of viewer votes

Once it was down to the final two I was hoping Fev would win it - because he brought more to the show than Paul did - although Paul was hilarious to watch in tucker trials - the facial expressions were priceless as were the one liners

I'm totally surprised to come out of this show actually liking Fev (I have no time for boof-head footie players from ANY code who have it all and blow it, get a scalding and a pat on the back from player management & keep up the same behaviour - to me there are plenty more excellent players wanting a chance to prove their worth in the game they love - if these boofheads want to throw their chance away let them! give it to someone else) ... I hope he now does manage to move forward in his life and continues so positively.

Back