Skip to main content

Episode I'm A Celebrity! AU (2015) - Episode Discussion

Australian's aren't good at weird food, but we are certainly very good at politically incorrect food!

images
images

*Views expressed herein are not those of the author.

Finished here, good to see Maureen get another trial. It's a bit of a shame though that we haven't had much of a chance to see the celebrities choose for themselves who does the trials, other than the very first one. The discussions that go with that are a big part of the show, and reveal something about the social dynamics in camp, the hierarchies and jealousies, who's supportive and who's critical, who's eager and who's prepared to sit back etc.

Also, it's getting a bit boring seeing them so well-fed, I want Laura back. :sneaky:

Australian's aren't good at weird food, but we are certainly very good at politically incorrect food!

images
images

*Views expressed herein are not those of the author.
Do you think the icecream name was the light hearted meaning or the homosexual one? I am going with the original meaning of light hearted.

I am biassed on Golliwog dolls as it was our favourite toy at our grandmothers house. There was one on playschool.

Do you think the icecream name was the light hearted meaning or the homosexual one? I am going with the original meaning of light hearted.
It was a gag ;)

PS Had someone like Judith Lucy delivered it for example, I'm sure it would have been funnier.........

Last edited by a moderator:
I sincerely hope you're not being serious. I had no need to explain any "joke". Anyone who had watched Gogglebox would've understood it wasn't a joke at all... merely an accurate observation that I was repeating.

Not so sure why you're taking this or any other tv show this seriously but best of luck with it all. I would apologise that I've never liked Chrissie, nor like Disco nor like Julia on this particular show but I really can't understand why you or any other rational person would care so I won't.

LOL. Get Fucked.
lol

so sad that needed to be explained ffs

says a lot tbh

Sorry I missed this earlier in the other mess. The part about people asking what Disco Josh meant was relayed to me off the forum and I was like do people actually care what I'm calling some dolt on a reality show especially when I only got the name from someone off another reality show? It really is no big deal. They called him Discount Josh Thomas, I shortened it to Disco Josh because it was getting too much to text or type and then finally Disco. :)
I am not sure what has brought on this level of obvious aggravation, but it is in fact normal to ask the meaning behind a nick name. What is not normal is your over the top and dramatic responses.

Read back, Buttface. The only person taking this particular reality program seriously is you.

#claireface

Last edited:
Sorry I missed this earlier in the other mess. The part about people asking what Disco Josh meant was relayed to me off the forum and I was like do people actually care what I'm calling some dolt on a reality show especially when I only got the name from someone off another reality show? It really is no big deal. They called him Discount Josh Thomas, I shortened it to Disco Josh because it was getting too much to text or type and then finally Disco. :)

Im not sure if whoever relayed the message to you put some connotation in it to warrant the response, was an innocent question. If I was calling Maureen "Kevin" or something on here I'd expect someone to ask how that name came about without being defensive

Well, aside from still not really getting how Discount becomes Disco... I get that it was just a quip on Gogglebox, but I don't see that Joel is at all like Josh Thomas, except that he's gay and fair in colouring and a comedian. I think he's a lot funnier, and he has an entirely different energy and demeanour in any case.

Josh Thomas is sweet and funny, but very affected; Joel is far more acidic and, to my taste, a lot funnier.

I stopped watching it live for a few nights (was wearing black over Andrew Daddo's demise) but kind of caught up yesterday on the previous two shows. I just miss Andrew so much!

So looking forward to catching up on this ep.

Bit of shopping then I have a date with the remote.

Last edited:
Well, aside from still not really getting how Discount becomes Disco... I get that it was just a quip on Gogglebox, but I don't see that Joel is at all like Josh Thomas, except that he's gay and fair in colouring and a comedian. I think he's a lot funnier, and he has an entirely different energy and demeanour in any case.

Josh Thomas is sweet and funny, but very affected; Joel is far more acidic and, to my taste, a lot funnier.

I stopped watching it live for a few nights (was wearing black over Andrew Daddo's demise) but kind of caught up yesterday on the previous two shows. I just miss Andrew so much!
Yes, Josh is very affected as is Joel really but Joel comes across as more intelligent. Whether he's more intelligent or not, I don't know. Acidic, yes, that's apt.

Did that bitchy conversation on the bridge kill Joel and Chrissie's chances of winning? They are playing way too hard if they have a go at Maureen for being entertaining.

Did that bitchy conversation on the bridge kill Joel and Chrissie's chances of winning? They are playing way too hard if they have a go at Maureen for being entertaining.
They could see her as a threat. Just as well they aren't nominating.

I hope not. As people when we think we are alone and we are in that full sound off bitch mode, we often say things we don't mean. It's just a way of letting off emotional stream. It is important to remember they are just people and they are flawed just like we are.

If I was stranded with my most loved which resulted in me being with them 24/7, I would be seriously stabbing every single one of them by day 5.

I think Chrissie is genuine, but Joel is...' playing the game' for screen time with his dancing antics. He has big plans and needs Chrissie to carry them out.

I would be absolutely fascinated if either Big Brother or Celeb had raw statistics of who spends time with whom in minutes.

Reactions: Tee
Back