Skip to main content

I feel really bad for Cat

Yeah, she hung off his arm the whole time, and she showed him her tits, but like...
there were so many times he could have been like "This is inappropriate, I don't want it, please stop."
When she confessed her love for him multiple times, he kept saying "You're not the only one who feels that way."
He made it known that it was an option for her, that he wasn't 100% off limits.

I can't even imagine the kind of mentality you must have to be able to blame the single person for helping someone to cheat.
It just wasn't her job to protect their relationship.

It would be different if Cat was friends with Candace, in that case it would be unforgivable.
But she's not, she's never met Candace.
Let's not pretend that it's possible to talk a person who doesn't want to cheat into cheating.

These people are the reason why people need counselling and psychological help. Cat has done wrong! Everyone knows that, what she has done is terrible. I think that Cat is a human too! She makes mistakes and for people not to forgive her when nothing has happened to you that is just terrible. I don't support Cat or Lawson and I feel very sorry for Candice but I feel as if they need to be given a break. Basically BB 2014 has been about them and the cheating scandal, I think people forget that Big Brother can do weird things to you.

I just want people to not judge a person on what they do without talking to them directly. I'm sure that Cat is a nice person but what she has done has put her in a bad light. Remember her at the start of the season. She was so nice and people liked her. Everything has changed now.

Oh pooh, poor Cat. Oh pooh, poor Lawson. I don't feel sorry for either of 'em. Both are adults.
And yes, Lawson, at 23, you are an adult. Maybe not with as much life experience, but you know right from wrong. Cat, Lord luv a duck, stop acting like a martyr. Woman up! You chased and caught him. Now you both have to deal with the consequences. Lawson, it's not your gf's responsibility to break up with you. It is your responsibility to do so before you cheat. And you had the opportunity to write her a letter ( not the nicest admittedly, but the only way you had) instead, you chose to whine about it to your father. Grown the hell up, stop figgiting ( it makes you look weak) and take full and total responsibility for your actions.

Women in the media spotlight are almost always judged more harshly than men.

During his exit talk with Sonia last night Lawson was cheered and applauded for saying he would face this by allowing his girlfriend the chance to vent her feelings and he would take it on the chin, as if this was somehow noble behaviour. People are forgiving the fact that he was a complete cad towards his girlfriend because he's now acting like a top bloke about the whole thing.

Meanwhile, if some people had their way Cat would be tarred and feathered and run out of town. It's double standards.

Me too! Last year Tully cheated and everyone blamed TULLY not Drew. This year Lawson cheats and everyone blames Cat, i mean wtf? Cat's not cheating she's single!

It seems the women always cop the wrath of the hate in these situations no matter what the guys do.
dude not sure if you just saw lawson getting evicted, so that statement is entirely not true. I think it was different because Cat was desperate at the start and Lawson and gave up to her constant advances so that's why people were annoyed at Cat.

She seems like a sweet person. I won't judge her. They both had faults.

BUT I do not like it when people harshly bash Lawson and be like "aw I don't blame her" when it comes to Cat. It's just hypocritical.

So many judgemental people here.

Let's put some of your wrongdoings in the public spotlight and see how you feel.
If I went on an internationally watched tv show, I would expect my televised behavior to be scrutinized.

After what Tully went through last year, she had to fully expect she would get backlash. Even the housemates are giving them a hard time about it.

If I went on an internationally watched tv show, I would expect my televised behavior to be scrutinized.

After what Tully went through last year, she had to fully expect she would get backlash. Even the housemates are giving them a hard time about it.

We all have choices. The way we judge and scrutinize someone is also a choice.

Dislike both of them equally. Lawson had the responsibility to his girlfriend and Cat had the responsibility to be a decent human being and respect her boundaries. I don't know why people overcomplicate it and add some irrelevant justifications? It's as simple as that tbh.

We all have choices. The way we judge and scrutinize someone is also a choice.

Yes. And I'm judging and scrutinizing someone who choose to have an affair and cheat while being televised, on a program intended for nothing else but for viewers to watch their behavior.

They went on tv so they would be talked about.

These are reality tv talentless fame whores. They bring nothing but their looks and their behavior. That is the entire show.

I don't see what the big deal is. Thousands of people break up everyday. Thousands of people cheat on their partners everyday. Lawson & Candice's relationship wasn't strong & was on the rocks in the weeks leading up to him entering the BB house. So whether he was going on Contiki or going into the BB house, that relationship was always doomed. I would love for Cat & Lawson to live happily ever after just to stick it up 99% of the Australian public who have proved themselves to be nothing but a bunch of judgemental voyeurs. Go live your own lives guys & don't worry so much about what other people, who have no impact whatsoever on your lives, are doing.

I don't see what the big deal is. Thousands of people break up everyday. Thousands of people cheat on their partners everyday. Lawson & Candice's relationship wasn't strong & was on the rocks in the weeks leading up to him entering the BB house. So whether he was going on Contiki or going into the BB house, that relationship was always doomed. I would love for Cat & Lawson to live happily ever after just to stick it up 99% of the Australian public who have proved themselves to be nothing but a bunch of judgemental voyeurs. Go live your own lives guys & don't worry so much about what other people, who have no impact whatsoever on your lives, are doing.

Hear hear. Cat will be fine, she's not exactly in the depths of despair about the ex-girlfriend's feelings - carefully produced channel 9 storyline or no, so wringing your hands about hers seems kind of futile.

Perhaps if the OP and some others were to focus 'feeling really bad' about other things like - say, the prostitution slave trade in Eastern Europe...or little kids not having enough to eat, or politicians spending more time concerning themselves with global economies than the globe those economies take place on....or old-testament whackjobs beheading people because those people just aren't picking up on what the whackjobs are putting down and it's making them TOTally cross.

Perspective, it's a doozy.

Just because thousands of people do it every day, doesn't make it right. He went on a reality tv show and so a million people have opinions now as opposed to maybe 100 in the normal world.

I love how the other person ALWAYS gets the flack and not the person who was actually committed, she was not angel, but the person who should be wearing the most of it is Lawson, he is a adult, so should have control of himself, no matter how much someone was "throwing" themselves at him, but also at the end of the day, I don't really care

Back