Skip to main content

Hunted Australia - Channel 10

Sephrenia

Priestess of the Goddess
Awesome site donor
For want of anything better on offer on FTA I watched Hunted. It wasn't as bad as I thought it might be but I did have to laugh at some of the "situations". I'm left with the feeling that I feel less secure than I previously did with our national security. I hope these guys can change my mind on that!

For want of anything better on offer on FTA I watched Hunted. It wasn't as bad as I thought it might be but I did have to laugh at some of the "situations". I'm left with the feeling that I feel less secure than I previously did with our national security. I hope these guys can change my mind on that!
I really enjoyed it.

Loved The Hunted again tonight.

I’d be really interested in a behind the scenes making of this show. Apparently some of the surveillance is simulated. So it’s filmed by production, but only given to hunters if requested.

Felt a little sorry for Angie even though it was her fault for going to Jacquie’s place.

It was so satisfying to see the aunt and Brice had already left the Airbnb before the hunters arrived.

The camping girls are certainly next.

I want to see more of the cop and his mate. The vanilla slice couple are good too.

It’s fascinating to be rooting for the fugitives. IRL ofc we would want law enforcement to catch the baddies haha.

I wish this show was a Netflix drop the whole series at once show.

Loved The Hunted again tonight.

I’d be really interested in a behind the scenes making of this show. Apparently some of the surveillance is simulated. So it’s filmed by production, but only given to hunters if requested.

Felt a little sorry for Angie even though it was her fault for going to Jacquie’s place.

It was so satisfying to see the aunt and Brice had already left the Airbnb before the hunters arrived.

The camping girls are certainly next.

I want to see more of the cop and his mate. The vanilla slice couple are good too.

It’s fascinating to be rooting for the fugitives. IRL ofc we would want law enforcement to catch the baddies haha.

I wish this show was a Netflix drop the whole series at once show.
I have to admit that I've really warmed to it...it's quite fascinating and different to most rtv shows.

I felt sorry for Angie too...she was an easy target.

I'm also enjoying it because it's shot in Victoria (so far) and I know so many of the places featured...like the Mornington Peninsula and the High Country.

Yes, cop and his mate and vanilla slice people are really interesting.

It's a reinforcement that Big Brother is always watching too!

I have to admit that I've really warmed to it...it's quite fascinating and different to most rtv shows.

I felt sorry for Angie too...she was an easy target.

I'm also enjoying it because it's shot in Victoria (so far) and I know so many of the places featured...like the Mornington Peninsula and the High Country.

Yes, cop and his mate and vanilla slice people are really interesting.

It's a reinforcement that Big Brother is always watching too!
I saw a comment on fb that it was probably filmed all in Victoria due to covid? Not sure that could be true because if it was in covid times then surely VIC would be the last place it would be filmed. Anyway speculation next series could be Australia wide. That’s probably too big, but interesting.
I don’t really know the areas being a New South Welshman but I’ve been to Melbourne often enough to know a little bit. The keep showing a map which helps get a bit of perspective.

I saw a comment on fb that it was probably filmed all in Victoria due to covid? Not sure that could be true because if it was in covid times then surely VIC would be the last place it would be filmed. Anyway speculation next series could be Australia wide. That’s probably too big, but interesting.
I don’t really know the areas being a New South Welshman but I’ve been to Melbourne often enough to know a little bit. The keep showing a map which helps get a bit of perspective.
Nah, not sure it was set in Vic during "real" covid times because we had SO many restrictions and the last to go were mandatory masks...and while there were a few people still wearing them the majority were not. Also they were mostly wearing summer clothes so maybe shot last summer?

Australia wide would be interesting! But they would either need more money (air travel/train not viable?) or be able to travel interstate with friends, family etc...still would be extremely hard!

Haha! I'd run for the High Country (as many real life fugitives have done) but not Beechworth or similar towns...the real High Country not much surveillance up here...except for koalas. possums, kangaroos and deer! BUT you need to be properly equipped.

Split this into it's own thread.

The UK version has been one of my favourite shows in recent years and the finale of each season is one of the best of any reality show so hoping it translates well to Australia.

You have to accept that as with any reality show the reality is everyone competes within the format of the show, some of which is explained, some which isn't. Once you get over that and enjoy it for what it is you're in for a hell of a ride.

Just hope 10 don't kill this with too many hours - the UK one is never more than six one-hour episodes which is just about right, but suspect this will clock in at twice as long, though there are a few more fugitives.

Watching the opener now and it looks really promising.

Just hope 10 don't kill this with too many hours - the UK one is never more than six one-hour episodes which is just about right, but suspect this will clock in at twice as long, though there are a few more fugitives.
Nope, it’s only a 9-episode run.

But interestingly, Ben Owen - whose been a Hunter in all three of the international series - has said this was the most challenging that he’s participated in, due to the shorter duration and more contestants than the other two versions.

Really enjoyable first episode- seems really well cast which is half the problem. Captures the feeling of the UK version really well. Only criticism is the Hunter Ground Teams seem to have really low quality cameras.

Really enjoyable first episode- seems really well cast which is half the problem. Captures the feeling of the UK version really well. Only criticism is the Hunter Ground Teams seem to have really low quality cameras.
Yeah. I also found it interesting that they've confirmed none of the CCTV or "tracking devices" shown in the programme are real, as they'd requite warrants and a bunch of privacy legalities to bypass. So apparently the camera crew place their own cameras nearby in lieu of where the real CCTV's are and "mock" them up, and send the footage direct to the Hunters within half an hour?

I do like the show so far though. And once again, Ten nailing their casting and marketing.

I downloaded the UK and US series a few months ago in the lead-up to the AU season. So if I'm hooked I'll likely give the other versions a go, too.

I enjoyed the first ep, haven't watched the second yet.
At the end of the episode, it does say something like surveillance is simulated or some shit, so hard to know what is and isn't 'scripted'.
But it's an interesting concept and finally something different to watch!

I saw a comment on fb that it was probably filmed all in Victoria due to covid? Not sure that could be true because if it was in covid times then surely VIC would be the last place it would be filmed.

Nah, not sure it was set in Vic during "real" covid times because we had SO many restrictions and the last to go were mandatory masks...and while there were a few people still wearing them the majority were not. Also they were mostly wearing summer clothes so maybe shot last summer?

In the first ep when they were in the car travelling, the date on the dashboard said 24th February 2022, so only recently filmed. What were restrictions like in Vic in Feb / March?

For those who've watched the UK / US versions, are they restricted with how far they can travel?

The woman who got caught at the end of the first episode didn't take it too well.
If you're gonna play a game like this you have to accept it's just a game when you lose.

In the first ep when they were in the car travelling, the date on the dashboard said 24th February 2022, so only recently filmed. What were restrictions like in Vic in Feb / March?

For those who've watched the UK / US versions, are they restricted with how far they can travel?
From memory, all restrictions were phased out late last year so in Feb/Mar this year there would have been none just personal choice re masks etc.

In a very rare occurrence, the 2nd episode of Hunted was up 90k in the ratings (619k Sunday, 711k Monday) and smashed it's competition.
It's a good little show. I somehow managed to miss all the promo for it. I had no idea what it was or when it was coming until someone mentioned it in the daily threads a couple of weeks back. I have since told a few friends to get on and watch it.

It's a good little show. I somehow managed to miss all the promo for it. I had no idea what it was or when it was coming until someone mentioned it in the daily threads a couple of weeks back. I have since told a few friends to get on and watch it.
I saw the promos (including the ridiculous The Project "breaking news" crap) and it didn't really appeal to me...I thought it would be stupid. I'm so glad I tuned in though because I'm enjoying it more and more every episode.

Back