Skip to main content

Hunted Australia - Channel 10

The only time teasing the hunters works as if you're using it as a decoy.... don't tease them and then hang around the people that have posted the comment/pic 🤣
Sometimes it’s other people that let you down. Sianna responded to the Insta story didn’t she?

Oops.

Also a couple of things that bug me about this:
  • the willingness of people to help people who could be actual fugitives; and
  • the willingness of people to help the hunters. e.g. the camping ground woman so happy to provide info about the blondes. What if one of them was on the run from an abusive partner?
Definitely some potential privacy concerns there. But I suppose they mention the reason there's some dude* with a camera with them.
*some actual dude, who may or not be @Zcsund1234

• the willingness of people to help the hunters. e.g. the camping ground woman so happy to provide info about the blondes. What if one of them was on the run from an abusive partner?
Definitely some potential privacy concerns there. But I suppose they mention the reason there's some dude* with a camera with them.
Yes I find the story line a bit hard to swallow sometimes. I feel it would have been better if the hunters explain things a bit better + they should have told the viewers the rules too. A lot of people would be thinking, why don't they just go to ground for 3 weeks out in the bush. The producers needed to explain what fugitives can & can't do to clear a lot of what if's up...

I was a bit sketchy over how the hunters sat off the Geelong residence & put up a camera outside whereas with Brunswick they almost kicked the door down. Both times they weren't 100% positive if the fugitives were inside, so what did they know re Brunswick to go in so quick???

And with the girls that got caught, why did they spend so much time canvassing that area, usually they just make a few laps in the car and head off, but this time they were so adamant the girls were still close by... I feel as if they need to explain a little more as to why they are so sure of something to the viewers so that we understand why they are sure the fugitives are somewhere... I think it would come across better if they spent just a little more time explaining ...

The sneaky superintendent offering Carmel some $$$ for info, but once he snagged her phone number - he was rubbing his hands together, 'I will find them and pay you nothing hahahaha' ... You might save a few bucks this season but once we all see what you did, the next season you try to pull the wool over someone's eyes, they might tell you to F OFF :cool: :roflmao:

Posted on Whirlpool's thread, which would explain a few things:

Are they running the same rules as the UK version? Last I saw for them...

1. Move every 48 hours, and in the UK it had to be more than 5 miles.
2. Cannot take out more than $100 (or equiv in local currency) out of the ATM per day. Cannot go to more than one ATM per day.
3. Must hit up ATM twice in the series.
4. Cannot get assistance from the same person twice.
5. Cannot go to the same place twice.
6. Teams cannot get money from others.
7. Hunters can change the rules whenever they want.

I would assume that they say:

We are participating in a tv show game, we are fugitives, can you help?

Then they don’t show the bit where they explain the tv show part.

And I imagine the girls told the camp person to tell them they were coming somewhere to send them on a wild goose chase. ??

Also lol at some dude.

Yes, I couldn't believe how accommodating the artist from Beechworth was! As some may know here, I live in a small country town similar in size to Beechworth (or it was before COVID and then a population explosion with people from Melbourne relocating happened ) but I still never lock our house at night or when I go to work. BUT if two girls appeared at my door and asked if they could camp on our property for the night it would be a definite NO from me unless they could convince me why I should let them...and guarantee that they weren't axe murderers.

Not sure about the camping ground woman...did she know they were participating in a game/tv show? Still she didn't bat an eyelid about giving vague information...maybe she thought the girls would get away?

I was a bit sketchy over how the hunters sat off the Geelong residence & put up a camera outside whereas with Brunswick they almost kicked the door down. Both times they weren't 100% positive if the fugitives were inside, so what did they know re Brunswick to go in so quick???

It definitely could have done with some more set up and explanation of the rules. I guess they’re trying to keep that vague to look more realistic.

I would imagine when they forcibly enter a house that’s when they *know* they are actually in there or have been in there and producers have already given the OK (after getting approval from the home owners)

I would assume that they say:

We are participating in a tv show game, we are figutives, can you help?

Then they don’t show the bit where they explain the tv show part.

And I imagine the girls told the camp person to tell them they were coming somewhere to send them on a wild goose chase. ??

Also lol at some dude.
Yeah, I think that's probably what happens. Country folk are pretty easy going but we're not stupid.

I know contestants on TAR aren't allowed to say "we're on the Amazing Race", so usually just say they're in a race. Seems silly to carefully edit out the bit where they confirm they're on a TV show considering there's some dude literally right there with them with a camera.

As for having to remain in Vic, it might have just been due to Covid and borders being closed. But don't forget Britain is the same size as NZ, while Vic alone is many times bigger than that. Does the US version let them travel right across the country? Would become very difficult logistically. On TAR they have only two or three choices for international flights they can use for this reason. They don't have free rein.

I know contestants on TAR aren't allowed to say "we're on the Amazing Race", so usually just say they're in a race. Seems silly to carefully edit out the bit where they confirm they're on a TV show considering there's some dude literally right there with them with a camera.
I was just making the assumption because it’s insane to me to have people going around seeking help from randoms only telling them that they are literal fugitives. Ha.
Maybe I’m completely incorrect.

I was just making the assumption because it’s insane to me to have people going around seeking help from randoms only telling them that they are literal fugitives. Ha.
Maybe I’m completely incorrect.
lol yes, that was insane. How about "we're being chased by my insane ex. He's got an axe!"? Drive! DRIVE!

As for having to remain in Vic, it might have just been due to Covid and borders being closed. But don't forget Britain is the same size as NZ, while Vic alone is many times bigger than that. Does the US version let them travel right across the country? Would become very difficult logistically. On TAR they have only two or three choices for international flights they can use for this reason. They don't have free rein.

Had nothing to do with Covid, the show started filming end of Feb this year. Vic is around the size of the UK, so makes sense they filmed here.

Yes, the "we're fugitives on the run" line always amuses me, as real fugitives would never use that as an opener. Although if you're a real fugitive now I'd just get someone to follow you around with a camera so people assume you're on Hunted.

A great opening week though - very much in the style of the UK show and all the better for it. Does mean we've barely seen some contestants though but it gives the show a chance to breathe rather than shoehorning everybodies journey into each episode. I guess it's kind of like Survivor - those who go on to win it can be almost invisible in the early episodes.

As sav001 says Victoria is only slightly bigger than the UK in terms of area, so the perfect playground. I was wondering if they might move around other states in future series but they are much bigger and less practical, and as soon as you start adding further rules it becomes too complicated. I also suspect given the success already of the show the Victorian government will be keen to keep hold of it. Might be possible to have the "extraction point" (the final location they must reach to claim the prize) out of state I guess.

The US version has a 100,000 square mile space in the south eastern states they could move within according to wiki.

Back