Skip to main content

Hunted Australia - Channel 10

Another article about the show that explains that CCTV footage:

An article about the show published in the Sydney Morning Herald revealed just how the Hunted team can access “live”, high-definition footage. Turns out, the camera operators discreetly trailing each of the fugitives help out with that part.

“Because the producers don’t have authority to actually request that footage, it is reproduced on the run by having the camera operator place a Go-Pro where the closed-circuit camera would be, using a selfie stick. That footage is then uploaded via WhatsApp, and is available to the team at HQ within minutes,” the SMH reported.

Another article about the show that explains that CCTV footage:

An article about the show published in the Sydney Morning Herald revealed just how the Hunted team can access “live”, high-definition footage. Turns out, the camera operators discreetly trailing each of the fugitives help out with that part.

“Because the producers don’t have authority to actually request that footage, it is reproduced on the run by having the camera operator place a Go-Pro where the closed-circuit camera would be, using a selfie stick. That footage is then uploaded via WhatsApp, and is available to the team at HQ within minutes,” the SMH reported.

I wonder just how produced the show actually is... The vanilla slice shop for instance, I'm thinking that the whole scene is carefully choreographed.

I imagine that the fugitives may come up with the idea but then the producers would request the shop for permission to set up go pro's first and then allow the decoy to come in and make the purchase.. All the so called CCTV footage we see appears to be extremely similar and we know from watching shows like Surveillance Oz that virtually every different story has vastly differing footage as the CCTV cameras are different brands, different frames per second etc.. I think it's a great idea that they pretend that they can get CCTV from anywhere and everywhere like as if they just magically key into their computers the street and can access all the CCTV cameras, but in reality you couldn't actually do that. Not a TV show anyway.

I think its a great show, I just like to understand the mechanics of it all a bit better... I find myself wondering if they are setting up go pro's and other cameras to record a scene, wouldn't you as a fugitive on the show become somewhat flustered if you simply wanted to make a snappy cash withdrawal at some ATM but the reality of it is that it takes 30 mins as they first have to set up cameras...

Maybe that's why the fugitives are so stressed out :cool: the idea is to quickly do something and move away from the scene asap, but the production of that scene has you milling around for 1/2 an hour or longer :biggrin:

I was just making the assumption because it’s insane to me to have people going around seeking help from randoms only telling them that they are literal fugitives. Ha.
Maybe I’m completely incorrect.
The camera crew following them around would be a bit of a tip off that they were doing a tv show, and not doing anything actually illegal.

I'm really enjoying this show.

Okay, now you've all roused my curiosity. I was avoiding this as I thought it'd gave me time to catch up with other stuff I have had recorded and not got around to watch, ie: I Love A Mama's Boy on TLC!
It's terrible, but I'm hooked!

I think some of the "near misses" are just editing in action. Like at the ATM for example, they were probably long gone.

Last episode scheduled for Tuesday 2nd August.
Keeping it short & sweet with a 9 ep run. A nice change for the drawn out shows we're usually subjected to.

Although with it's success I'd imagine they'll at least bump it up to 12 next time around, which won't do it any favours. The Aussie networks can rarely help themselves.

Although with it's success I'd imagine they'll at least bump it up to 12 next time around, which won't do it any favours. The Aussie networks can rarely help themselves.
You're 100% right. But I don't know how much ratings will hold up for a second season if it's all samey. How's it done season to season in the UK? Much of a drop off?

It's held up pretty well actually - climbed for the second and third season and the fourth and fifth seasons still outrated the first. No data for the sixth yet, which switched to airing Sun/Mon rather than once a week. Been four celeb series too which rated well.

I think with any new format there is an inclination to say the success of the first series can't be repeated but several reality shows prove otherwise. Some evolve better than others, but most hold up for a few seasons at least.

The difference perhaps with Hunted is other than using celebs there isn't really a way to add twists to it. The UK does have some solo players, but has since the first series, so not really a twist. Only thing they could do is pair up strangers really. Indeed can't find the details now but I'm sure a new reality show has been announced recently which is basically a rip off of Hunted but with a dating twist.

I almost would have missed tonight's episode as when I looked at the TV guide, I couldn't see it listed on Ch 7 at 7.30pm...

For some reason I thought it was a Ch 7 show and not 10... ??? I found it when I scrolled further to see what else was on instead :roflmao:

I actually really enjoy this Aus version, even though I'm a bit sceptical about the behind the scenes production... I really wish I didn't overthink shit so much :cool:

I almost would have missed tonight's episode as when I looked at the TV guide, I couldn't see it listed on Ch 7 at 7.30pm...

For some reason I thought it was a Ch 7 show and not 10... ??? I found it when I scrolled further to see what else was on instead :roflmao:

I actually really enjoy this Aus version, even though I'm a bit sceptical about the behind the scenes production... I really wish I didn't overthink shit so much :cool:
Haha! You should know by now that 7 couldn't produce something like Hunted...they'd make the fugitives play endurance/strength games in between being on the run! :p 🤣

IF you're going to be smartarses make sure you've got the mental capacity to see it through and pull it off.
Wow, I think this show would test some friendships... That stupid neighbour friend in the upstairs apartment that was all smiles and confident.. I mean, why the hell would you let them into your apartment?? Tell them no. ESPECIALLY when you have all the codes to your secret lingo stuck to the fridge !!!

Imagine watching this back now & thinking, oh so that's why the Hunters found us.. Dumbo upstairs royally f***ed up... You'd have to be pissed off that she cost you $100K

Wow, I think this show would test some friendships... That stupid neighbour friend in the upstairs apartment that was all smiles and confident.. I mean, why the hell would you let them into your apartment?? Tell them no. ESPECIALLY when you have all the codes to your secret lingo stuck to the fridge !!!

Imagine watching this back now & thinking, oh so that's why the Hunters found us.. Dumbo upstairs royally f***ed up... You'd have to be pissed off that she cost you $100K
Thought exactly the same thing! What an absolute fuckwit! 🤣

And using your bank card at a Woolies - what a rookie mistake.
I'd be doing IOUs with contacts, ie. I'll pay you back after the show is over, but can you please lend me $500 in cash.
Or having some foresight and paying them in cash before the show started, then picking it up when needed.

Found this episode more of a chore than the first three, mainly as it focused so much on Derek & Courtney who we didn't know and they weren't really playing in the spirit of the game, instead exploiting the "secret" rule that the game pauses overnight to return somewhere they'd just been found knowing the Hunters couldn't get them then trying to do the same the next night by hiding out in a park until the rules stated they couldn't be caught.

That was a happy capture - though the first female team of ground hunters were pretty awful just shouting "stop" and expecting them to cave in. Also with that overnight rule not being known to viewers of the show who haven't stumbled on the behind the scenes info it made little sense the Hunters wouldn't stake it out till the next morning and that the fugitives would return.

And using your bank card at a Woolies - what a rookie mistake.
I'd be doing IOUs with contacts, ie. I'll pay you back after the show is over, but can you please lend me $500 in cash.
Or having some foresight and paying them in cash before the show started, then picking it up when needed.
Edit
They're not allowed to be given money, but can clearly be given a van filled with food and a house to stay in.

P.S. Hope that snitch grassing on the aunty and niece loses business.

Last edited:
Hunted viewers mock Nona drag disguise

I read the above article this morning and thought the same thing.. The producers didn't show how it stopped traffic though :roflmao: whilst people glared in awe at the spectacle..

I thought wow, this drag Nona outfit is way OTT, he didn't even have any shoes on, which would have been a spectacle as an obvious man wearing a dress with black stockings but no shoes on walking circles around a couple in a pay phone box ??? I mean, HELLO, you're supposed to be somewhat INCOGNITO, not stopping traffic to stare at you :biggrin:

If the Hunters were within coo-ey of that location they would have easily been alerted to their presence by that spectacle...

Found this episode more of a chore than the first three, mainly as it focused so much on Derek & Courtney who we didn't know and they weren't really playing in the spirit of the game, instead exploiting the "secret" rule that the game pauses overnight to return somewhere they'd just been found knowing the Hunters couldn't get them then trying to do the same the next night by hiding out in a park until the rules stated they couldn't be caught.

That was a happy capture - though the first female team of ground hunters were pretty awful just shouting "stop" and expecting them to cave in. Also with that overnight rule not being known to viewers of the show who haven't stumbled on the behind the scenes info it made little sense the Hunters wouldn't stake it out till the next morning and that the fugitives would return.

They're not allowed to be given money, but can clearly be given a van filled with food and a house to stay in.

P.S. Hope that snitch grassing on the aunty and niece loses business.
The overnight rule is an interesting one, it makes you wonder why they didn't stay in the park until night time? Perhaps the rule states that where ever you are at 6pm (when the Hunters cant proceed again until morning) is where you have to stay. So if you're in a park at 6pm, you're stuck there until morning???
And yes, it was a bit of exploitation, I wonder if the producers got shitty with them for bending the rules somewhat & sent in the Hunters to teach them a lesson...

I find myself wanting the fugitives to escape more than the Hunters catching them... I was laughing a lot hearing that Hunted women screaming at them to STOP...
The Hunters really take it personally when they don't make a capture, allow them to slip through their fingers or when the fugitives set up a false trail & the Hunters fall for it - the really get pissed off about it and seem to want revenge :cool: That Hunted lady who didn't get the fugitive to STOP when she was yelling, she almost seemed to fumble her words / excuse as to why she let him escape.. She wasn't as athletic as Derek and thus couldn't keep up, but she seemed reluctant to want to state this as the reason why he ran off from her.. Instead claiming a car was waiting for him - which it was but had she'd been a better sprinter, she could have physically caught him...

I was a bit bored with last night's ep...my mind kept wandering to other things so it obviously didn't keep me as enthralled as previous eps have done. Hope tonight's is better.

Back