Skip to main content

Housemate Hunt 2014

totally agree ^^
Give me 'neutral' good-for-nothing hms like Caleb and Matt in exchange for Jade who was a liability, a dead weight turning BB into a terrible mediocre soapish reality show. There's The Bachelor and the ilk for that, no need for BB to follow suit.

Give me 'neutral' good-for-nothing hms like Caleb and Matt in exchange for Jade who was a liability, a dead weight turning BB into a terrible mediocre soapish reality show. There's The Bachelor and the ilk for that, no need for BB to follow suit.
yep righteo, agree to disagree then....its a bit too early in the AM to start an arbitrary debate on who had the most personality on BB, the OP is actually about the new voting system....

I agree with the sentiments expressed about the voting system...until Jade came along. :p In all seriousness the producers have to cop a lot of the blame for misrepresenting Jade as a victim in their edits and milking money from gullible casual viewers who sympathised with her self-inflicted 'predicament' in the house. At the end of the day all the creators of this show care is about money and Jade proved one hell of a cash cow in the voting system hence why her "story arc" ate up so much of the Daily Shows time. :cry:

I agree with the sentiments expressed about the voting system...until Jade came along. :p In all seriousness the producers have to cop a lot of the blame for misrepresenting Jade as a victim in their edits and milking money from gullible casual viewers who sympathised with her self-inflicted 'predicament' in the house. At the end of the day all the creators of this show care is about money and Jade proved one hell of a cash cow in the voting system hence why her "story arc" ate up so much of the Daily Shows time. :cry:

I don't want to get into a debate with you about Jade, we all know your feelings about her and that's fine, it's your opinion. My only thing is - you keep saying that everyone voted for her because they felt sorry for her and I'd like to clarify that this is a misconception on your behalf. If we're talking about trying to create sympathy for character on BB, I believe they used diary room visits by certain people to this end. None of which were Jade. People voted for Jade because they liked her, not because they felt sorry for her. I didn't feel sorry for her. Nor did I agree with all her choices. I just liked the person she was. Regardless of whether you liked her or not, can you please stop assuming why other people did? Nobody second-guesses your choices like you do others.

I don't want to get into a debate with you about Jade, we all know your feelings about her and that's fine, it's your opinion. My only thing is - you keep saying that everyone voted for her because they felt sorry for her and I'd like to clarify that this is a misconception on your behalf. If we're talking about trying to create sympathy for character on BB, I believe they used diary room visits by certain people to this end. None of which were Jade. People voted for Jade because they liked her, not because they felt sorry for her. I didn't feel sorry for her. Nor did I agree with all her choices. I just liked the person she was. Regardless of whether you liked her or not, can you please stop assuming why other people did? Nobody second-guesses your choices like you do others.
I'm sure the reasons for voting for Jade were wide and varied( in the same way that her fanbase was made up of many type of individuals and cannot be simplistic pigeonholed so please don't take my observations personally as they're probably not describing you), especially for her dedicated fanbase on BBB who I presume watched close to every episode.

The group I'm referring to are the casuals who gauged their opinion on hms based on 1 or 2 eps a week that they sat down to watch but still had an impact in the voting and thereby keeping Jade in there. You voted for Jade because you like many of her pesonality traits, good for you.

But not every voter based their vote on that and IMO were certainly manipulated/influenced by the producers edit. You cut off the amount of air time Jade got (mostly nauseating gushing over some guy she had idealised) and she's most definitely out the door within the first 4 weeks.

This discussion has been going around in circles for months, I find watching this way more interesting.

giphy.gif

Although it has the same results..... No conclusion.

Seriously, all someone has to say is "totally agree" in response to a positive comment about Jade and it sends you off onto another obsessive (not to mention completely full of :poop:) rant?

Well done on proving why I think Jade was a good HM though. A year on and you're still obsessed and trying to derail every thread and turn it into a rant about her.

I'd call that a win for BB. They want people that are going to leave an impression and obviously Jade has on you.

Last edited:
I'm sure the reasons for voting for Jade were wide and varied( in the same way that her fanbase was made up of many type of individuals and cannot be simplistic pigeonholed so please don't take my observations personally as they're probably not describing you), especially for her dedicated fanbase on BBB who I presume watched close to every episode.

The group I'm referring to are the casuals who gauged their opinion on hms based on 1 or 2 eps a week that they sat down to watch but still had an impact in the voting and thereby keeping Jade in there. You voted for Jade because you like many of her pesonality traits, good for you.

But not every voter based their vote on that and IMO were certainly manipulated/influenced by the producers edit. You cut off the amount of air time Jade got (mostly nauseating gushing over some guy she had idealised) and she's most definitely out the door within the first 4 weeks.

I'm sure the same can be said for all housemates - they were voted to stay in for a variety of reasons. Cut off the amount of time some showed whining in the diary room and they'd have been out too :). Anyway, time is nigh for a new bunch of housemates for us all to be opinionated about :p

Seriously, all someone has to say is "totally agree" in response to a positive comment about Jade and it sends you off onto another obsessive (not to mention completely full of :poop:) rant?

Well done on proving why I think Jade was a good HM though. A year on and you're still obsessed and trying to derail every thread and turn it into a rant about her.

I'd call that a win for BB. They want people that are going to leave an impression and obviously Jade has on you.
What can I say? I've done the same (so-called rants) for housemates in past seasons such as Ben 12 who was inexplicably popular to me and many other posters and many many more housemates in other seasons for that matter that I had no time for and strongly believed destroyed their respective seasons. So don't for a minute think your Jade is anything special to me. :p

You don't have to agree/like my 'critical' Jade posts as much as I don't have to like every post of yours that lauds her every move. I put up with the vast majority of her 'positive' posts and let them through to the keeper because there aren't enough hours in the day to deal with them.

However advocating censorship ( of opinions you don't like) is not what BBB is about and that is the biggest differences between BBB Jade fans and fans of other past housemates that I've encountered on BBB, a bit precious if you don't mind me saying so.

I feel the same way about Tim, cannot stand the bloke but I don't make every single post about him and how I feel, I've made it quite clear and don't need to say anymore on the matter. Voters for Tim and to a certain extent Tahan however were influenced by the edit they got. Jade's edits quite often were quite cringeworthy to watch and this does not make people want to vote to keep her in there, if anything they would be voting to save others to get her out.

I feel the same way about Tim, cannot stand the bloke but I don't make every single post about him and how I feel
And that is entirely up to you. Are you suggesting I should follow your lead? And no I don't make every post of mine about Jade, I'd say that less than 5% of my posts are about her in some shape or form.

And that is entirely up to you. Are you suggesting I should follow your lead? And no I don't make every post of mine about Jade, I'd say that less than 5% of my posts are about her in some shape or form.

Not at all and I'm sorry didn't have time to go back and edit and say that the majority of your posts in regards to Jade are negative.

The fact that there still is a conversation going about Jade is exactly why she was there to the end, and it's exactly what the producers want.

For any housemate, love them or hate them - if you talk about them, it creates more publicity for the show. It's why the vote to save is such a good evolution of the show.

Pot plants used to thrive and even win.

Some passionately dislike Jade, some passionately love her. Either way. She was a good character for BB.

---

So that's what I want in 2014. Housemates who are loved or hated for whatever reason. Not housemates whom we are indifferent about.

The best analogy that I can think is drawing a parallel between the Rugbies and Jade. I don't 'hate' the rugbies per se, as long as they're out of sight, they're out of mind and life is perfectly sweet.

But if I was forced to sit through say 30 minutes of mindless boring thugby for me then be allowed to watch my footy (Australian Football), I'd complain to the bitter end for that to cease to be the case. No way am I gonna sit quietly and allow that to continue to happen. :rage:

In that same vein I don't hate Jade (and her ilk), but the moment her sort (and her mindnumbing insomnia inducing shenanigans) is shoved down my throat on my favourite reality show you bet your goddamn lives I'll have something to say about it. :pompus:

I'll admit Jade is an inoffensive, lovely, albeit shallow, nice gal overall. But her personality (and her obsessive boy tendencies) does not interest me in the slightest and I absolutely loathed how much of her 'story' took over the DS which started to resemble The Bachelor and if I wanted to watch that sopie crap I'd tune into that show.

Hope that clears up my feelings on the subject once and for all. In summary Jade is to 'meh' of a person for me to feel anything against her. It's the producers shameless manipulation in order to milk money from voters that I'm more angry at.

That is all.

Can't disagree with you on producer manipulation to milk money. That is, after all their job. To make money. They try to do it with every. single. housemate.

There are some, however, who aren't even interesting enough to manipulate into some sort of storyline. I like the term pot plants. They annoy me more than those with storylines able to be manipulated. Horses for courses :)

So don't for a minute think your Jade is anything special to me. :p

Right, not sure how I got that impression lol.

On the trying to censor your comments, it's not what you say about Jade that people have issue with (in fact I find your obsession with her pretty funny). It's your opinion even if I personally don't agree with it. It the fact that you try and derail pretty much every thread and turn it into a Jade rant.

Last edited:
It's your opinion even if I personally don't agree with it. It the fact that you try and derail pretty much every thread and turn it into a Jade rant.
In all forums I've frequented posters make comments that aren't directly related to the thread topic all the time. It's up to each individual poster's brain power to skim over something they're not interested in discussing and move on onto something that they are. Not that hard really, I would've thought.

If I feel like giving my 2 bobs worth about a housemate that I thought was detrimental to the show's premise I will do exactly that, like Jade's name was tenuously brought up in this thread for example. I'm sorry if that bothers you but I can't help it. *shrugs*

Back