Skip to main content

Housemate Hunt 2014

You keep on replying to my posts. What do you expect me to do, nod in agreement to everything you spit out?! 'Til hell freezes over I will! :p

A wiseman once said that the definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results. Marinate on that for a minute. ;)

I want some details of the housemates guys! Come on all you people that got to the final stages of auditioning, we know you visit this site. Spill the beans already!

I want some details of the housemates guys! Come on all you people that got to the final stages of auditioning, we know you visit this site. Spill the beans already!
There were a number of people in my group that could be represented in that ad. Obviously Indian chick was one, the pretty girl that goes in first could have been the hotmum I was talking about earlier, there was another mum in my group that looked like the chick with short blonde hair that makes the couple in the promo, there was a alternative guy who was a bit older, there definately using actors that were like people in auditions.

He's one of my FB friends and seems pretty busy with his band, so I doubt it.

Alex Mavroidakis has stated that this years housemates are quite ethnically diverse. I hope there is an Asian housemate this year. The majority of Asian reality TV stars seem to deliver absolute TV quality.

Some Australian Big Brother examples include Michael2006, Nobbi2008, and Mikkayla2013. Some overseas BB examples include Dexter Koh from the UK BB and Helen Kim from the US BB both from the 2013 series. Shi Ann and Woo from survivor.

Some more Australian examples include Sophia and Ashlee from the 2013 My Kitchen Rules. Alex from the Mole 2013. And Paul from the 2012 Amazing Race series.

This might seem like a big generalisation/stereotype but they always tend to be dominant cast members who add a lot to the show.

Alex Mavroidakis has stated that this years housemates are quite ethnically diverse. I hope there is an Asian housemate this year. The majority of Asian reality TV stars seem to deliver absolute TV quality.

Some Australian Big Brother examples include Michael2006, Nobbi2008, and Mikkayla2013. Some overseas BB examples include Dexter Koh from the UK BB and Helen Kim from the US BB both from the 2013 series. Shi Ann and Woo from survivor.

Some more Australian examples include Sophia and Ashlee from the 2013 My Kitchen Rules. Alex from the Mole 2013. And Paul from the 2012 Amazing Race series.

This might seem like a big generalisation/stereotype but they always tend to be dominant cast members who add a lot to the show.

Well technically speaking Priya would be classed as an Asian housemate, but of course I know what you mean. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't have one this year, only because they had Mikkayla last year and would probably try go for something different this year.

If they do, hopefully they're not a dud ala Elise from 2006.

The majority of Asian reality TV stars seem to deliver absolute TV quality.

Shi Ann and Woo from survivor.

c3d0981ae770f926eedf4eda7505b006.jpeg

Are you kidding me?

Better examples would've been Peih-Gee, Cao Boi, Mookie or Ken Hoang. Not Woo.

c3d0981ae770f926eedf4eda7505b006.jpeg

Are you kidding me?

Better examples would've been Peih-Gee, Cao Boi, Mookie or Ken Hoang. Not Woo.
Calm down. I posted Woo because I knew there would be at least 15 posters who know of him because there were at least 15 posters posting in the Survivor Cagayan thread earlier this year and the majority really liked Woo. I thought he was a good character although Peih-Gee and Cao Boi were definitely superior. I didn't like Mookie and I would rate Woo on par with Kenny. Anyway there are lots of entertaining, Asian, survivor contestants who I could have named including Yau Man and Yul, however, I decided to name an all star and one from the latest season. It is not really that big of a deal !! ;)

Woo didn't deliver quality TV though. He had a few moments here and there, but not as consistently as the others I listed.

Creator of plan voodoo and curer of headaches.

Cao Boi is so under-appreciated in Survivor strategy. He's the one who basically fathered the idol flush. Well, maybe it was the beautiful lady in his dream who mothered it. But nonetheless...

Woo didn't deliver quality TV though. He had a few moments here and there, but not as consistently as the others I listed.
He did have to compete with the likes of Tony, Kass, and Spencer though. Tony dominated the edit like few others have. It was Russell Hantz level of screen time domination.

He did have to compete with the likes of Tony, Kass, and Spencer though. Tony dominated the edit like few others have. It was Russell Hantz level of screen time domination.

This is the last thing I'll say on the matter (get this thread back on track), but it wasn't quite ROBdemption Island levels.

Or BEN Brother last year

I wonder who the late addition was this year? And what kind of housemate was replaced? I know the numerous articles released stated there would be a hairdresser in the house, but I don't believe there is one??

Back