Skip to main content

Housemate Hunt 2014

This doesn't sound promising, it'll just be like Hayley and Andrew in 2007 which was fine but has obviously been done and like all lame "twists" only lasted 1-2 weeks. It doesn't excite me one bit. I was actually asked about my ex a lot now I think about it, but I assumed I lent myself to that convo by saying I live with her. Fair enough if the partner or ex-partner or relative or whoever is also auditioning but it sounds like they are asking about people who aren't - that seems rather bizarre.

Really? I'm leaning more towards the 'please god no' camp. I just don't see what a couple adds to the house. What can the do with them? Reverse Jade & Drew and have them pretend not to be a couple for a week? Then we have Drew & Tully in Couple Land from the start.

@buck07 , as long as the people in there are legit single it should be ok. maybe they are going for a couple of shows in one this year. i am just happy that it sounds like they are having a mix instead of the same same

@buck07 , as long as the people in there are legit single it should be ok. maybe they are going for a couple of shows in one this year. i am just happy that it sounds like they are having a mix instead of the same same

Yeah I don't want to watch Cheaters: Big Brother Edition. As always though I'll reserve judgement until I actually see it.

This doesn't sound promising, it'll just be like Hayley and Andrew in 2007 which was fine but has obviously been done and like all lame "twists" only lasted 1-2 weeks. It doesn't excite me one bit. I was actually asked about my ex a lot now I think about it, but I assumed I lent myself to that convo by saying I live with her. Fair enough if the partner or ex-partner or relative or whoever is also auditioning but it sounds like they are asking about people who aren't - that seems rather bizarre.

they went in as a couple though, and i think someone posted that they broke up

i am hoping for singles going in and having a similiar personality in there to match them. has this been done in any other Intl BB's?

they went in as a couple though, and i think someone posted that they broke up

i am hoping for singles going in and having a similiar personality in there to match them. has this been done in any other Intl BB's?
BBUS 9 had all single people matched up at the start. The couples had to play the game together, like vote together etc. And there was an actual real life couple in there as well that was kept secret from the other HGs... Except the couple told their respective partners.

BBUS 9 had all single people matched up at the start. The couples had to play the game together, like vote together etc. And there was an actual real life couple in there as well that was kept secret from the other HGs... Except the couple told their respective partners.

WOW, how funny, i thought there would be a big No coming. liking this very much :biggrin:

Controversy can be good for ratings (at the same time as being bad for the brand).

Maybe they're asking so they can avoid a mess like last year, OR maybe they ARE pursuing the "jealous partner/ex" angle to gain the publicity.

I'd prefer it NOT be the latter, BUT since NINE seem to be hell bent on contrivances so far, I'm a little concerned.

Controversy can be good for ratings (at the same time as being bad for the brand).

Maybe they're asking so they can avoid a mess like last year, OR maybe they ARE pursuing the "jealous partner/ex" angle to gain the publicity.

I'd prefer it NOT be the latter, BUT since NINE seem to be hell bent on contrivances so far, I'm a little concerned.
Give me a turkey slap any day over another cheating controversy.... Yawn.

Ugh how annoying, I really hope that isn't a so-called twist this year, especially if it's accompanied with hyperbole about being a world first. I wonder why they so quickly overlooked the mother & daughter in my group, they seemed interesting enough.

My sister should've auditioned with me afterall, she wanted to and actually she would be pretty good, she even has a StarNow page.

Robbie and i were gonna audition together.. I couldnt in the end because of work :/ shame

WOW, I think we're Definitely going to see a relationship(s) this year! When I auditioned in Brisbane they we're asking my friend about his girlfriend and another girl about her ex and if they still talk.

yes that makes sense, in my audition they asked us about "CHEATING" and would we ever "CHEAT" on someone we loved, and one guy said "HE HAD NEVER HAD A GIRLFRIEND BEFORE AND HAD NEVER BEEN IN LOVE THEREFORE HE HAD NEVER CHEATED ON SOMEONE" needless to say he got to round 2.

i really don't want to see the stalker ex as a twist, that would kill off the show, again

TBH - I'm going to go purist and say I don't want any twists of any kinds. No contrivances, no manipulations or planned scenarios - I just want to watch a bunch of people chosen purely for their mix of personalities, lifestyles and interests and watch what happens when they are locked up together.

TBH - I'm going to go purist and say I don't want any twists of any kinds. No contrivances, no manipulations or planned scenarios - I just want to watch a bunch of people chosen purely for their mix of personalities, lifestyles and interests and watch what happens when they are locked up together.

same here, but if there should happen to be a genuine attraction in there it would be nice, it does happen in reality #violins
i was very excited but now i am thinking the ex question was asked a few too many times to be generic

same here, but if there should happen to be a genuine attraction in there it would be nice, it does happen in reality #violins
i was very excited but now i am thinking the ex question was asked a few too many times to be generic
I hope to god they do not try and "create" another Drew/Tully/Tahlia situation. It honestly would not surprise me if they were trying to find a couple to go into the house with the plan to pair one of the members of the couple in a fake marriage e.g. Say Drew and Tully went into the house as a legit couple last year but they had a task where Drew had to pretend he was in a relationship with Jade instead and Drew and Tully had to pretend they didn't know each other. Now that would cause a lot of controversy. Basically what I am trying to say is perhaps the producers are trying to create another Drew/Tully/Tahlia situation but this time they want it to unfold in the house. That would be taking things a bit to far if you ask me personally but it would result in higher ratings and people talking about the show.

Back