Skip to main content

Housemate Hunt 2014

Geez I've never seen so many people wearing scarves, jackets and jumpers in April. You poor southerners.

It was absolutely freezing today! I was so glad that I didn't have to wait around for too much of the day. One lady I talked to apparently waited till 8pm the year before and I couldn't imagine doing that on a day like today given how chilly it was.

Did you happen to look at those girls forms ?!? Where they highlighted ? This year they obviously know what they want. In round one they chose 4 of us all girls and me and then in round two they only chose the mum and daughter. DEFINATLEY know what they want this year.

The auditions weren't as fun as previous years. I couldn't believe how fast it went and the lack of people auditioning. Melbourne looks busy from the photos though !!! I reckon most people they are interested in got fast tracked as well.

Thousands expected for Big Brother auditions this weekend
334471-fb56a4da-cdad-11e3-ae84-eacdfc097015.jpg

(From left) Josh Rowson, David Iannetta, Steven Haar, Daniela, Amanda Duckworth, and Skie Oborne were among those auditioning for Big Brother at Melbourne Park. Picture: Tony Gough Source: News Corp Australia

IF YOU fancy having the whole country watch you shower and sleep in the ultimate TV soap opera, then your time has arrived.
More than 3000 people are expected to flow through Melbourne Park this weekend as part of a nationwide audition tour for the latest series of Big Brother.
Producers of the reality show, back for a third year on Channel 9, have started putting Melbourne’s weird and wonderful characters through their paces.

333425-f47b3090-cdad-11e3-ae84-eacdfc097015.jpg

(From left) Katrina Rakonic, Emma Monkivitch, Dylan Ryan, Cassie Pipa, Claudia Sukardan, and Erin Haverkamp are also hoping to impress producers. Picture: Tony Gough.
Full article: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/en...ons-this-weekend/story-fni0b7jg-1226897333451

Did you happen to look at those girls forms ?!? Where they highlighted ? This year they obviously know what they want. In round one they chose 4 of us all girls and me and then in round two they only chose the mum and daughter. DEFINATLEY know what they want this year.

Do you think they're specifically seeking relatives? In my round 2 group there was a mother & daughter and neither got through and honestly I felt they were ignored a bit during the discussion. Actually there were quite a few "older" people, around 35+ and none of them got through, I thought they would target them more since they really emphasised older professional types, but it was just the young ones that progressed, quite typical.

So for the first time EVER, I decided to audition for Big Brother this weekend. What an experience!

Definitely agree with the previous comments... NUMBERS WERE DOWN. Yesterday, I basically walked right in the door, waited less than a minute and I had my stickers/numbers. Waited an hour and a bit, went into round 1 which went 20 mins and got eliminated. There were still a fair few people but the function room was not full and many gaps in chairs.

Housemates there was Tahan, Xavier and Ben (2012).

Round 1 yesterday was basically - hold fingers up between 1-4 and run that number of facts. We did a few continue this story. They did the 1-100% cones and asked our opinions on things like - "Would you hack in to your partners email if you thought they were cheating" as well as "Do you think you are smarter than the average human". Then went around to random people and asked to explain why they were on that percentage. They then split us up into groups and asked us to come up with a name and put on a little show - skit, rap, dance, song, poem, etc. We did that. After that it we sat in a circle and were a few random questions like "What makes you cry, etc". Then they told us to pick someone who they thought should go through. Yesterday, out of the 11 people, 6 chose me. I was chuffed really, but they chose another 4 people to progess and It was a no for me.

Today, went back and auditioned.. Same thing. Walked right in. There were way less people then yesterday. Waited about 25 mins, went into round 1. Progressed to Round 2. Waited for about 40 mins, went in and we were in round 2 for about 30 mins and everyone I went into round 2 with was eliminated.. It shocked me, as there were interesting people in my group. But alas, not to them.

Housemates there were Ed, Drew, Boog and then Sharon and Nathan came in shortly before I was called in to round 1.

Round 1 was almost the same in the sense, we did the fingers between 1-4 and running facts off, we did the continue the story. They did the 1-100% cones, but the questions were different. We split off into groups and had to do team names, and a performance. We sat in a circle and they asked a few questions (different from yesterday) then they told us to wait. Today was more successful, 5 of us were selected for round 2. I was shocked. I had different producers today, and the producers I had yesterday saw me and smiled/waved so they definitely remembered me.

Went into Round 2 room and people were all chatting and getting to know each other. We couldn't say our names. We were playing Charades/Celebrity Heads. There was one girl in front of me that gave me a hard time and part of me wished I went into the round 2 with her as I would have loved to have a debate with her. She didn't make it through though.

I was in Round 2 with the 4 others that were picked from my round 1 group and about five/six others. We just had a group chat basically about random things for about half hour. Again after opening up and telling some of my story and what I was about, I got another vote of support from the fellow candidates who said I should get in. Maybe this was my undoing, I don't know, but alas, none of us made it past round 2.

They are definitely being ruthless this year. I think they know they want. Yesterday I went in there, took it seriously and took the piss out of myself, didn't work. Went in today, took the piss out of myself and opened up and it got me through the next stages.

In saying all this. I feel fine. I'm not bitter about being rejected. I had fun, I know I made an impact on other people and that's what counts. And as the producers say, some HMs had to auditioned over a few years before they were selected. Persistence pays off!

So for the first time EVER, I decided to audition for Big Brother this weekend. What an experience!

Definitely agree with the previous comments... NUMBERS WERE DOWN. Yesterday, I basically walked right in the door, waited less than a minute and I had my stickers/numbers. Waited an hour and a bit, went into round 1 which went 20 mins and got eliminated. There were still a fair few people but the function room was not full and many gaps in chairs.

Round 1 yesterday was basically - hold fingers up between 1-4 and run that number of facts. We did a few continue this story. They did the 1-100% cones and asked our opinions on things like - "Would you hack in to your partners email if you thought they were cheating" as well as "Do you think you are smarter than the average human". Then went around to random people and asked to explain why they were on that percentage. They then split us up into groups and asked us to come up with a name and put on a little show - skit, rap, dance, song, poem, etc. We did that. After that it we sat in a circle and were a few random questions like "What makes you cry, etc". Then they told us to pick someone who they thought should go through. Yesterday, out of the 11 people, 6 chose me. I was chuffed really, but they chose another 4 people to progess and It was a no for me.

Today, went back and auditioned.. Same thing. Walked right in. There were way less people then yesterday. Waited about 25 mins, went into round 1. Progressed to Round 2. Waited for about 40 mins, went in and we were in round 2 for about 30 mins and everyone I went into round 2 with was eliminated.. It shocked me, as there were interesting people in my group. But alas, not to them.

Housemates there were Ed, Drew, Boog and then Sharon and Nathan came in shortly before I was called in to round 1.

Round 1 was almost the same in the sense, we did the fingers between 1-4 and running facts off, we did the continue the story. They did the 1-100% cones, but the questions were different. We split off into groups and had to do team names, and a performance. We sat in a circle and they asked a few questions (different from yesterday) then they told us to wait. Today was more successful, 5 of us were selected for round 2. I was shocked. I had different producers today, and the producers I had yesterday saw me and smiled/waved so they definitely remembered me.

Went into Round 2 room and people were all chatting and getting to know each other. We couldn't say our names. We were playing Charades/Celebrity Heads. There was one girl in front of me that gave me a hard time and part of me wished I went into the round 2 with her as I would have loved to have a debate with her. She didn't make it through though.

I was in Round 2 with the 4 others that were picked from my round 1 group and about five/six others. We just had a group chat basically about random things for about half hour. Again after opening up and telling some of my story and what I was about, I got another vote of support from the fellow candidates who said I should get in. Maybe this was my undoing, I don't know, but alas, none of us made it past round 2.

They are definitely being ruthless this year. I think they know they want. Yesterday I went in there, took it seriously and took the piss out of myself, didn't work. Went in today, took the piss out of myself and opened up and it got me through the next stages.

In saying all this. I feel fine. I'm not bitter about being rejected. I had fun, I know I made an impact on other people and that's what counts. And as the producers say, some HMs had to auditioned over a few years before they were selected. Persistence pays off!

I would have been in the same audition round as you! Not sure if we were in the same group though :) sounds like yoi had fun. I met some cool people whilst waiting around

Thanks for the insight.
With 'continue the story' did an auditionee start or the producers? And was it a one word or a whole sentence that you had to do? I've heard from people that have done both......

Do you think they're specifically seeking relatives? In my round 2 group there was a mother & daughter and neither got through and honestly I felt they were ignored a bit during the discussion. Actually there were quite a few "older" people, around 35+ and none of them got through, I thought they would target them more since they really emphasised older professional types, but it was just the young ones that progressed, quite typical.

Yes they DEFINATLEY want relatives this year, we got asked if we know anyone auditioning or we were together, and I saw also they approached someone who was with a friend and asked her to audition as well.

Enjoyed reading your thoughts. I went both days in Sydney, first day I tried to hard to get noticed didn't make it past rd 1 second day was just myself and got picked. I'm not bitter about not making it past rd 2. Actually they chose a mother and a daughter whom I've been talking about and I really hope they get on. They obviously want relatives and couples this year and older people that "have a spark" or are "outspoken".

Yes they DEFINATLEY want relatives this year, we got asked if we know anyone auditioning or we were together, and I saw also they approached someone who was with a friend and asked her to audition as well.

Ugh how annoying, I really hope that isn't a so-called twist this year, especially if it's accompanied with hyperbole about being a world first. I wonder why they so quickly overlooked the mother & daughter in my group, they seemed interesting enough.

My sister should've auditioned with me afterall, she wanted to and actually she would be pretty good, she even has a StarNow page.

So today I finally had the chance to audition for the big brother and it was like the best experience ever! In the first round it was basically myself and allllllll these gay guys. It was so nice to meet everyone. We played games in round one, spoke about topics and held up fingers to say fun things about us. I was really comfortable talking about my life and I think this helps me a lot.

Four of us made it to round two and when we were waiting for the round two part we played sherades and got to know all the people. It was such a long day but so worth it. I didnt make it past round two. No one in our group did and I was so shocked because there were some people with standout personalities.

Most the people in the round two waiting area were pretty good looking. There was this one guy who couldn't be bothered waiting and he just got up and left, it was so funny, I cant beleive someone would wait all day to get to that stage and then just leave haha.

They asked us a lot about our personal lives and relationships so I think they're going for a season of love for sure. Good luck to everyone still auditioning and I will defenatly be applying again next year.

They asked us a lot about our personal lives and relationships so I think they're going for a season of love for sure. Good luck to everyone still auditioning and I will defenatly be applying again next year.
WOW, I think we're Definitely going to see a relationship(s) this year! When I auditioned in Brisbane they we're asking my friend about his girlfriend and another girl about her ex and if they still talk.

WOW, I think we're Definitely going to see a relationship(s) this year! When I auditioned in Brisbane they we're asking my friend about his girlfriend and another girl about her ex and if they still talk.

i am getting more excited about this BB the more i find out about what they are looking for, especially this ^^^^ should make for an interesting season, fingers and toes crossed

#lovelove

i am getting more excited about this BB the more i find out about what they are looking for, especially this ^^^^ should make for an interesting season, fingers and toes crossed

Really? I'm leaning more towards the 'please god no' camp. I just don't see what a couple adds to the house. What can the do with them? Reverse Jade & Drew and have them pretend not to be a couple for a week? Then we have Drew & Tully in Couple Land from the start.

I wonder if they're trying to re-create the controversy from last year's Tully/Drew in-house relationship? I hope not, but it WAS a publicity juggernaut for them. Food for thought.

I wonder if they're trying to re-create the controversy from last year's Tully/Drew in-house relationship? I hope not, but it WAS a publicity juggernaut for them. Food for thought.

That was because of Tahlia though. Do you think that's why they're asking about exes?

Back