Skip to main content

House Rules 2015

Kind of looking forward to this but just know that even with two series planned for this year Seven will milk this out far too much. It should run for 8 weeks at most IMO - the six renos, one week for the gardens and then a finals week.

Brekkie watches aussie reality tv that's scooped up from the bottom of the barrel?! :wideyed: Wonders never cease to amaze. :pI literally cannot stand to watch 5 minutes of that derivative contrived cheesy pap, it is pure torture of the Guantamo kind.

The worst of BB AU >>>>>>>>>>>>>> DAYLIGHT >>>>>>>>>>>> MC, BL, MKR, TB etc...

I personally have never seen a full episode of house rules. And I don't plan to. I'm honestly sick of these Reno shows. I do think this series will rate significantly well however a second series this year is just overkill and I think it will go dow the same path as the block did this year.

Brekkie watches aussie reality tv that's scooped up from the bottom of the barrel?! :wideyed: Wonders never cease to amaze. :pI literally cannot stand to watch 5 minutes of that derivative contrived cheesy pap, it is pure torture of the Guantamo kind.

The worst of BB AU >>>>>>>>>>>>>> DAYLIGHT >>>>>>>>>>>> MC, BL, MKR, TB etc...
It's the only one of these Aussie reality shows I do watch. I've no interest in cookery shows and can't stand The Block (that Scott bloke is awful!). As with them all though they just milk them too much in the end - can just about stand each renovation being spread over 4 episodes but they then took the mick in getting from the final 5 to the winner and I nearly lost patiences with them.

Also of course so far it's been in it's infancy so it's best days are probably behind it, though traditionally the reality show trend is that the third series is often the best, then the fourth bombs! So far to it's also been fairly well cast.

I'm also a fan of renovation/building shows in general - was such a relief that Grand Designs Australia didn't mess with the format at all when they launched their own version of Grand Designs and 16 years on that's one of the best formats around - because it's real.

Looks like lots of contrived drama straight from the first episode.

I'll still watch it though, and love to hate it.

WA couple shit me already... Actually so did the last.. Carole and Russell

Watched both House Rules and Reno Rumble tonight and House Rules wins hands down. It was just a far more enjoyable watch with likeable contestants. Reno Rumble was a chore and the fact they're renovating peoples houses who the viewers do not know and are not invested in makes it very difficult to care.

I've no interest in The Block but if they're the best contestants they can come up with from 73 series then the show is in trouble, while Scott Cam clearly fell in to television hosting by complete accident as he's absolutely rubbish at it. The House Rules cast is the only pull for me but I quickly realised how actually I didn't like half of them first time around and that there is no way I'm wasting the next couple of months on this. Really hope this lazy effort from Nine gets the ratings it deserves.

I guess too with every reality flop Big Brother's chances of returning to Nine are getting better and better, though whether that is a good thing for BBAU I don't know. The only chance it's got of thriving again on Nine is if while it's on air it is their number one show, and that has to be airing around this time of year in between the two series of The Block.

God, the results show tonight lasted longer than the election results here last week - and I got it without the adverts, clocking in at 91 minutes! Does Australian TV no longer employ editors - other than endless recaps, previews and voxpops we don't seem to be getting anymore than we were in the first series where the Whole House Reveal episode was no more than 50 minutes or so. Just check and this year the whole week first week clocked in at over 4 and a half hours without ads!

I complained every week last year about this and the split zones just do nobody any favours, least of all the homeowners. The Master Bedroom/Walk in Robe/En-Suite really should have been one zone, not split between three, so teams can at least have the chance to show an overall vision. The halls being given to Ben and Danielle just highlighted the stupidity of it all - they basically ended up being responsible for one wall in the lounge/dining area and a through passage you couldn't do anything with. The house quite clearly could have been divided up fairly and easily this week - they'd still have had to be the same negotiation over space which seems to be the reason they love these split zones.

P.S. Have they axed the builder guy, yet kept the hopeless design woman?

Last edited:
What is with all of the renovation shows? If it's not them, it's food shows. We then have to endure them on repeat, same with the soaps.
Scott Cam and Karl Stefanovic are very annoying as is Lisa's dress sense. i'm tired of tv types dumbing themselves down or that's how it comes across to me on the morning shows.

Hasn't Seven got a restaurent renovation show coming up?

With renovation on Seven and food on Ten though now would be the best point of the year for Nine to play Big Brother - even their crappy scripted version of it might find an audience.

Hasn't Seven got a restaurent renovation show coming up?

With renovation on Seven and food on Ten though now would be the best point of the year for Nine to play Big Brother - even their crappy scripted version of it might find an audience.

Yes that's what I think too. They actually had a unique show unlike any other network which really should give them an advantage, too bad they are wasting it. I actually heard that they are considering a cooking show, because there aren't enough of those already... :rolleyes:

That 'interior designer' woman really needs to go.

Convinced the kitchen couple out of their normal looking kitchen with 'sunshine/happy' highlights into making a completely yellow kitchen.

... Cut scene to the homeowners saying the last thing they want is their house rules to be misinterpreted and get a bright yellow kitchen lol.

That 'interior designer' woman really needs to go.

Convinced the kitchen couple out of their normal looking kitchen with 'sunshine/happy' highlights into making a completely yellow kitchen.

... Cut scene to the homeowners saying the last thing they want is their house rules to be misinterpreted and get a bright yellow kitchen lol.

I completely agree and this is not the first time she has swayed the teams designs in the wrong direction.

She does it practically every week, yet she's back and seems to be even more prominent than last year. She also seemed to miss the point that the "sunshine and happiness" rule related only to the kitchen, not the whole house.

Enjoying the series on the whole this year - seems a good cast although none have really delivered anything of note renovation wise yet. A shame so far it's behind Reno Rumble in the ratings, but House Rules always tends to start off slowly so be interesting to see how it goes.

Is 7:30 TV still so prudish that we need a nudity warning for a few blokes' bare butts?

Got my hopes up for nothing ;)

I'm loving this. I'm sad Michael & Carlene left so soon. I feel so bad for them.

I wondered if anyone knew where I could watch previous seasons online? I would love to get a look at previous seasons.

Wrong show.
OOoops.

I have been watching Reno Rumble too. I've been enjoying House Rules more though. I was wanting to watch previous seasons of House Rules. I love that the Channel Nine app Jump In has previous seasons of shows to watch but the Channel Seven app only keeps them up for 28 days or so.

I'm looking forward to the reveal on Sunday. I dont know how I feel about the yellow kitchen. I guess time will tell if it's right or not.

I don't think that designer lady is very good.

Is 7:30 TV still so prudish that we need a nudity warning for a few blokes' bare butts?

Got my hopes up for nothing ;)

Haha. Perhaps it was just the old boy's butt. Tiana was mortified... Which I thoroughly enjoyed as she's really starting to shit me. She's such a princess and her Dad is just so placid. I wonder how they're going to fare later in the competition if already during house 2 cracks are showing and she's having multiple tantrums.

Back