Skip to main content

House Rules 2015

I wonder if they have contracts preventing them from selling for a set period after the show.

This week just feels a bit pointless really, though it is all pointing to a Ben & Danielle v Bronik & Corrinne final - how Steve and Tiana made it this far I don't know. Felt they did enough to earn their place in the final 4 but not so much the final 3 - overall despite the awful "street art" Ryan and Marlee's gardens were better IMO.

This week has already been ruined by the producers obsession over getting them to fight for space by deliberately allocating zones split around the house, probably deliberately too small for their requirements too.

Agree
For some reason that Wendy chick can't get enough of danielle. A planner that fu**s up % of hard landscaping.
She is lucky she is in an industry where you can be a blonde and ride on your looks. Hopefully Australia love Bronik and Corrine and they win. As if danielle was living in the ski chalet for more than a month. Ben would have heard bitching every day about how crap it /he is.

I am Team Ben & Danielle!! :D

Supported them from the start.

I do usually support the winners in these shows so we will see how I go.

I wouldn't mind either Ben & Danielle or Bronik and Corrine winning - Bronik has been wise enough to remember there is a vote at the end and doing a few people a few favourites won't do them any harm.

This weeks reno is probably too big for any of them to excel - would be better for teams just to get a couple of rooms each to show off their talents rather than 5 or 6. I think they should go from 4 to 2, or have 3 couples in the final.

Will be interesting to see how this all plays out. I think Bronik and Corrine may have done themselves out of a few hundred dollars this week, or at least Tiana has in putting the idea forward they've only helped them in the last few stages to ease their competition for the final. This week has been crap though - we've seen them replay the arguments over that wall about 50 times but little of what's going on with the house itself. It seems to consist of three feature walls and that's about it! (And I really hate that dining room wall BTW!)

I do hope though it's Ben and Danielle v Bronik and Corrine in the final, and that their legacy of "copying" each other continues and they produce absolutely identical secret rooms!

Don't underestimate channel 7's desire to have a "family" win it. Steve & Tiana make for a better sob story (and they've never addressed on the show that Tiana doesn't even live there).
I wouldn't be surprised if it were Steve & Tiana vs Ben & Danielle in the finale.
Not that I'd mind that as the only couple I don't like much is Bronik & Corrine.
(btw spellcheck refuses to believe Bronik or Tiana are spelled correctly - good call).

Danielle is such a bitch.
Please Australia don't give a gift like a mortgage paid off to a self righteous bitch like Danielle. The way she speaks to Ben. That smug look and rubbing it in on tonight's episode, real classy.
Bronik and Corrine were very gracious despite clear favouritism by the judges

Good luck using Danielle to sell Australia car insurance Youi
Shame on channel 7 and their rigged bullshit. It's quite clear that Danielle has been able to bitch about things like the space issue and that be passed on to the judges and skew their judging. If you like Danielle you must be of a similar make up (think you're "so important " wank wank).

Danielle is such a bitch.
Please Australia don't give a gift like a mortgage paid off to a self righteous bitch like Danielle. The way she speaks to Ben. That smug look and rubbing it in on tonight's episode, real classy.
Bronik and Corrine were very gracious despite clear favouritism by the judges

Good luck using Danielle to sell Australia car insurance Youi
Shame on channel 7 and their rigged bullshit. It's quite clear that Danielle has been able to bitch about things like the space issue and that be passed on to the judges and skew their judging. If you like Danielle you must be of a similar make up (think you're "so important " wank wank).

Dont be so rude

Steve and Tiana did it once again, though they absolutely had the best zone this week. That Olive Green is so vile yet it worked brilliantly across the house, and almost everything about their zone was perfect, while the others had obvious flaws. Also seemed to be no laundry in the house, which was a bit odd.

Happy Ben and Danielle got through and as I think the winners should be based on their work throughout the series they get my vote (well, I'll find out if I can vote in a minute!). It would be fairer really if for the post-renovation stage of the competition the scores from final 5 onwards were carried forward each round, but with the final round weighted more with perhaps the zones split into 2 or 3 sub-zones to be scored, but can't say I'm too unhappy Bronik and Corrine are gone - they certainly got the bad edit this week.

P.S. If you hate the way Danielle treats Ben so much then why would you want to deny Ben his mortgage being paid off? He deserves a break surely.

Jordan you seem to have missed Consuela calling other HR competitors "Cunts". My post was less offensive than that post surely. That post received no replies. It's just that their post wasn't towards your friend. Steve would be a much more deserving winner is my opinion. Yes I feel bad for Ben but think Steve has been lovely from start to finish and therefore a better result for him to win. People go on these shows putting themselves out there for scrutiny in exchange for the chance of winning $.

Jordan you seem to have missed Consuela calling other HR competitors "Cunts". My post was less offensive than that post surely. That post received no replies. It's just that their post wasn't towards your friend. Steve would be a much more deserving winner is my opinion. Yes I feel bad for Ben but think Steve has been lovely from start to finish and therefore a better result for him to win. People go on these shows putting themselves out there for scrutiny in exchange for the chance of winning $.

He might have missed it as he occasionally has me on ignore.

:angelic:

Yeah, I don't really read the whole thread. I just read the more recent posts rather than the whole thing.

Although as a person Steve is a deserving winner can't help but be less than satisfied that a team that didn't really get it together until the final stages of the competition aren't really worthy winners of the series as a whole. I do wonder too how tactical the secret room rules might have been - at first it seems Ben and Danielle had set a rather complicated challenge for Steve and Tiana, setting them up for a fail, but actually Steve getting Ben and Danielle to create a room that would never be considered designer could have been a great ploy - meant however closely the house rules were followed that "Fonzy cool" would never be too cool in the eyes of interior designers.

From TV Tonight it seems filming is already underway on the fourth series so it does look like it'll make it to air by the end of the year.

I had a feeling Steve and Tiana were going to win from way back. They had the best "story". There's nothing these reality shows like better than an Aussie battler doing it to make a new life for his family. Throw in an argumentative, strong-willed daughter who comes good with a heart of gold and there's your winner over the pretty young couples doing it for themselves.

I was glad Steve and Tiana won. I think they did a great job to hang in there and you could see how they learnt and improved with their time management and their ideas. Seeing Steve put forward his ideas and seeing them working together made me hope they would take it out. Plus, he's just a lovely person - having lost my father at 11 I just found there was something special in the way he was so loving and supportive of her and the way he looked at her with pride.

I think Ben and Danielle did a great job too, and I liked him but I was turned off her a while back with the way she spoke to him and that slapping thing she does just looked put-on towards the end.

Back