Skip to main content

House Rules 2015

I don't understand my kitchen rules' reasoning behind the 'zones'.. They not zones, a zone would be one particular area together not bits and pieces around the house.

That annoys me so much I'm sick of mentioning it - and does no favours to the home owners either. I think it's all because producers think we love watching the 5 minutes or so they argue over space. We don't! It does seem particularly stupid that Brian and Karina get to decide where the stairs from Steve & Tianas zone goes into Ryan & Marleys zone.

Most weeks it's quite obvious how the house could be split into proper zones but this week proves a bit trickier IMO, which kind of highlights how poor the layout chosen for it is.

P.S. Hate how the show has blatantly spoiled who gets the 10s in the preview.

Re the rumour that Ryan & Marlee broke up.... Sunday Mail today had a picture of them spotted in Rundle Mall, so they do seem to be together.

How cute is Danielle? She's so positive and seems to love literally everything they've done to her house.
She's a lovely girl. I think Ben & Danielle are some to watch. I'm looking forward to what they're doing this week. Interested to see how a pink flamingo splashback will look in the laundry.

I dislike the Caroline design girl :p She just bugs me for some reason.

I feel bad for Bronik and Corrine with the storage space. It is Ben and Danielle's space though. But once you make a deal you shouldn't go back on it. But it is a competition. I like both Ben and Danielle and Bronik and Corrine, so it's hard for me to say who should get the space :p I wonder what the teams will vote.

I do think from the point of view of the house a high hallway would look way better than a shelf in the study!

Agree though really like Ben and Danielle and think their week off has done them no favours at all - they seem to have lost all momentum. Once again though nobody really seems to be shining, though must say do like Brian and Karinas triangle tiles.

Can't believe Caroline's role seems to have been increased this year and the builder guy, surely just as crucial, has either been dropped or left and not replaced. As the interior designer I don't even get why Caroline would be on site on the last day - surely her input should be limited to earlier in the week.

Anyone else feel this show has become more about shopping than renovation, although knowing Seven "My Shopping Rules" is probably just around the corner.

Some strange scoring by Brian and Karina. If they were trying to score tactically (and in their position, why wouldn't you!) then why score the kitchen relatively highly when you know that Steve and Tiana so far hadn't done one so were almost certain to do yours.

Really hope this extra challenge doesn't disgard all the judges so far - while I think it's fair for the bottom two to face a further challenge those at the top should be safe. And as much as I've hated Karina and Brian at times to be fair they deserve to stay over Steve and Tiana - have they even finished a zone in a house? Brian and Karina were really just hit by one really really bad week.

Really glad that Brian and Karina were the 1st ones out. I'm glad they got a nice reno for their kids but I'm glad to see their backs too.

This weeks reno is shaping up nicely though I wonder how much producers try to screw over the contestant with Steve and Tiana being given a zone which must include a "kids hideaway", but coincidently a few days in they're told they can't build at the back of the site, the place you'd surely want to put it.

That said though I do hope Steve and Tiana are the next eliminees as they haven't really delivered all series - would be a shame to lose any of the other pairs over them.

I am sick of them saying - I don't want to go home - I don't want to leave ....... makes me not want to watch anymore :(

Seems now Brian has gone that Marlee has been cast as the villian this week, and I do think she's gone a bit far in holding back info which would benefit the final product.

Hate how Aussie reality shows in general though milk the "finals" out so much. They've been promoting them as coming soon for a week or two now but we all know there are at least two rounds of garden makeovers (I've a feeling there might be an extra round where the eliminated contestants get their gardens done as I read an interview where it was mentioned about six houses getting their gardens made over), then they'll be another week with the final three pairs before we get to a final two. Worth checking the closing date on that competition - might indicate when the series actually reaches a conclusion.

Looks like they're turning the final weeks into 2 episodes a week lol.

Slowly losing interest. I know the winner will be Ben and Danielle. They seem to have been the producers favourites. 2nd will be the Tassies

Finally caught up - that holiday home was rather nice. A shame the Tassies are gone and this is where the flaw in the format is, but based on the week alone that was the right result.

Ben and Danielle probably still favourites but really is anyones game now - even Steve and Tianas. Somehow.

TV never learns from it's own mistakes does it. The last part of the series dragged so much last year and they seem to be dragging it out even longer this year. How they can call this phase the "finals" when they're probably at least three weeks away is beyond me.

As for the gardens so far I didn't really think Bronik and Corrine deserved the win as although the fence was great and the decking nice, the rest of it was as bland as Ben and Danielles back yard. I would say Steve and Tiana actually won that round for me, and although they could have done with more plants and should have left that bike in a skip, I think 7's were rather harsh.

Last edited:
Wish they'd make up their mind what stage of the competition they're at. Last week we were told "The Finals are here", then all week they've referred to them as the "semi-finals" and now we're told we'll find out tomorrow "who wins a place in the semi-finals".

I'm actually getting sick of watching it. They've dragged it out far too long and they're going to lose viewers.

I can't even bring myself to watch the whole episode anymore.

I had about 2 weeks to catch up on, it was actually quite good watching them one after the other. Bit disappointed with last night's results, I liked them. Danielle at this point annoys the crap out of me so I hope she doesn't win. It'd be hilarious if Steve and Tiana pulled it off.

I was sorry to see that couple go, but it was nice to see (on Sunrise this morning) that despite the rumours they are still together and living in that house.

Back