Skip to main content

House Rules 2015

She's definately set up with the bad edit this year - and their efforts this week were abysmal. Easiest zone in the house and they did nothing. A shame they dodged the bullet with the tent, and a shame it just went to the next in line instead - I was hoping either they or this weeks winners would get to hand it to another team and put Karina and Brian in there.

Nothing spectacular design wise so far but feel Ben and Danielle are the ones to watch - thought they did a solid job this week. Hope too they remain consistent with the advantage for winners this year - feel the "secret rule" works well.

She's definately set up with the bad edit this year - and their efforts this week were abysmal. Easiest zone in the house and they did nothing. A shame they dodged the bullet with the tent, and a shame it just went to the next in line instead - I was hoping either they or this weeks winners would get to hand it to another team and put Karina and Brian in there.

Nothing spectacular design wise so far but feel Ben and Danielle are the ones to watch - thought they did a solid job this week. Hope too they remain consistent with the advantage for winners this year - feel the "secret rule" works well.
I cannot wait for the day the WA team gets thrown into the tent.. It'll wipe their smug looks right off.

Maybe their ensuite / room looked better in real life but I thought their ensuite was plain and bland?

Loved the main bathroom!!! That zebra!

Certainly wasn't "upbeat sleek" - quite clinical and cold really rather than sunshine and happiness, plus unfinished. Agree the zebra bathroom looked far better.

As a South Australian, can I just say that I've never heard of a "lobby pan", and that we call them a "dustpan and brush" just like everyone else.

I just googled images for lobby pan

sabco_prolobby.png

Yep my family is from SA and I have never heard of a lobby pan either.

Stobie pole yes, lobby pan no lol

Next you'll be telling me you're not all married to girls called Sheila and you're not constantly throwing another shrimp on the barbie! :D

Think this is building up to be another fairly safe reno - nobody really pushing it creatively. Danielle and Ben seem to be trying to do something out of the norm, but not sure it's going to pay off.

Saw Steve and Tiana do an interview this morning...

So Steve and Tiana waffle on constantly on houserules about how the house is special and how Steve still mourns for his wife who passed 20odd years ago. They're really pushed the angle of the guy who has never gotten over his wife's death

They asked them who lives in the house - Tiana doesn't live there (we got that from the show) but Steve lives there with his Partner! And his kid/kids kid.

I wonder how the partner feels about being completely blanked for good telly. Lol

Looks like Brian and Karina will continue to piss people off this week too - so hope they're the last reno and the others just take revenge! Also haven't actually seen Karina do anything other than shop all season so far.

Happy Ben and Danielle came out on top this week - first time it felt like a team had stepped it up and a bit unfortunate for them it's their house next as they could probably have fed off their success this week. Overall though probably the best reno so far - other than the master bedroom and laundry I think I could live with that.

P.S. Completely agreed with Tiana regarding the artwork in the bathroom. Looked like it was previously in Oscar Pistorious's bathroom.

Do Seven always advertise the next episode of a show immediately as the current episode begins? That comes across as really taking the viewers for granted IMO - they're basically saying thanks for tuning in but make sure you bloody tune in tomorrow or else. They should be relying on the content of the show, not pop-ups every ten minutes, to keep viewers from one episode to the next.

I'm impressed with Danielle's art skills. I think they're going to go far. It wouldn't surprise me if they're in the final 2.

I'm so pleased Brian & Karina are in the tent. About bloody time. Gosh they're cocky little shits.

I read online that apparently Ryan & Marley have split up. So that's a bit sad. I thought they were a cute little couple.

Suspect the tradies are sick of him too - sure they could have plumbed a sink in for anyone else.

As for this house really don't think they've given them a great layout. Having a master bedroom with en suite and dressing room split over two floors seems to be a major flaw IMO - would have made more sense to have the upstairs either as a guest bedroom with bathroom or perhaps for her art studio.

I hope Brian and Karinas's house is last too, and all the teams boycott. He's just incredibly wankerish and I don't think it's just a bad edit which I'm sure Karina will say in multiple interviews after the show is complete lol.

Back