Skip to main content

General O/T Chit Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I am Ok here (as in being alive) - although I feel for my nearby communities ......... and I am feeling a bit fragile. I suppose that what happens when you absorb the feelings.

Thanks for asking those that did and where wondering :)

I was so lucky to have that road block to send me home, because ............. well it is all done and dusted now. That sort of freaks me out ......
I doubt whether Yarloop will ever be rebuilt, and that is so damn sad. Small Town-Great History - Cheapish housing- Will the Owners be able to rebuild elsewhere? They lived off their own housing, income and lifestyle investment, that might not be able to be replaced with the way the markets are. Maybe not.

I know a few peeps that lived there :(

Anyway, I was ready to head off, when we were given an alert but that was reverted, so I hung the wet blankets out to dry. Even today, I got a text message to evacuate even though the threat was about 15 klms away from here. I stayed to work. A lot of our customers tonight were those that had been 'evicted' from their homes ..... and left with just their animals. Some were not able to. Some left Chooks behind. Some left cats that ran away in fright! Heaps of Locals took Horse Floats in and rescued what Horses they could. I saw cattle trucks come and go all day.

It is all heartbreaking ..... try being FOH and keep tears out of your eyes, be smiling and reassuring and trying to find the right words to say, when people talk about what they have witnessed and are living and have lost.

Dairy Farmers, that need to go back into threatened places, at 4am, because those cows still need a milking. The dumping of Milk, because it cannot be collected. To see a happy regular customer, totally drained and having to 'back track' a way to his farm, because the roads are closed, and will they make it out safe ..... the frustration of not knowing what is happening - because the no one really knows, it is all too much ATM and a sad place :(

The shortage of Fuel and the hearing about people panicking on only real road to Perth - running out of fuel and abandoment of cars is like pandemonium!!!!

Not to mention my Car, that will need a water Jetblast to get rid of the Ash (as least on my windscreen, just to be able to drive) - It is like snow (but a bit blacker)

Hooley Dooley - what a SIGHT!

I must say the Community here is amazing! Doing whatever can be done :) It is far from over yet.

I am ok, and safe atm, nowhere near the others that have huge scars and mental imprints that will never be forgotten, I suppose it takes times like this for me to backstep from a forum like this. When you see and experience negativy towards another human here, in that maybe just a joke on a forum, but to go through something like this makes me wonder why are people so unkind towards each other, even if it just a joke - I just dont get it anymore ....... :(:(:(:(:(:(

Not sure when I'll be back - Take Care of those you Love and maybe even try to give a hug to those that refuse one, they might need one more than ever xxx

Thanks for letting us know what's going on for you. You are very right about seeing things from a different perspective when stuff like this happens. I hope you were heard well.
Stay safe. My congregation will be praying for you and your community in church this morning. Blessings, Kay

Hi! I am Ok here (as in being alive) - although I feel for my nearby communities ......... and I am feeling a bit fragile. I suppose that what happens when you absorb the feelings.

I was so lucky to have that road block to send me home, because ............. well it is all done and dusted now. That sort of freaks me out ......
I doubt whether Yarloop will ever be rebuilt, and that is so damn sad. Small Town-Great History - Cheapish housing- Will the Owners be able to rebuild elsewhere? They lived off their own housing, income and lifestyle investment, that might not be able to be replaced with the way the markets are. Maybe not.

Anyway, I was ready to head off, when we were given an alert but that was reverted, so I hung the wet blankets out to dry. Even today, I got a text message to evacuate even though the threat was about 15 klms away from here. I stayed to work. A lot of our customers tonight were those that had been 'evicted' from their homes ..... and left with just their animals. Some were not able to. Some left Chooks behind. Some left cats that ran away in fright! Heaps of Locals took Horse Floats in and rescued what Horses they could. I saw cattle trucks come and go all day.

It is all heartbreaking ..... try being FOH and keep tears out of your eyes, be smiling and reassuring and trying to find the right words to say, when people talk about what they have witnessed and are living and have lost.

Dairy Farmers, that need to go back into threatened places, at 4am, because those cows still need a milking. The dumping of Milk, because it cannot be collected. To see a happy regular customer, totally drained and having to 'back track' a way to his farm, because the roads are closed, and will they make it out safe ..... the frustration of not knowing what is happening - because the no one really knows, it is all too much ATM and a sad place :(

The shortage of Fuel and the hearing about people panicking on only real road to Perth - running out of fuel and abandoment of cars is like pandemonium!!!!

Not to mention my Car, that will need a water Jetblast to get rid of the Ash (as least on my windscreen, just to be able to drive) - It is like snow (but a bit blacker)

I must say the Community here is amazing! Doing whatever can be done :) It is far from over yet.

I am ok, and safe atm, nowhere near the others that have huge scars and mental imprints that will never be forgotten, I suppose it takes times like this for me to backstep from a forum like this. When you see and experience negativy towards another human here, in that maybe just a joke on a forum, but to go through something like this makes me wonder why are people so unkind towards each other, even if it just a joke - I just dont get it anymore ....... :(:(:(:(:(:(

Not sure when I'll be back - Take Care of those you Love and maybe even try to give a hug to those that refuse one, they might need one more than ever xxx
Thanks for the update - even my husband was asking how you were as he saw me belatedly reading your earlier messages on Friday night. Take care xx

Hang in there and know that we are all just a conversation away should you need to unload. Continue to stay safe and be alert.

Update -

Looks like everything is now under control, for the moment. Firefighters worked hard yesterday to contain the monster fire and the weather has helped and thank goodness some people came to assist from the Eastern States.

Was at work again tonight and had a flow of people returning to their homes, after evacuation and shared their stories.

Some also came by that stayed to fight. I was even given a first hand account of the fire ball that hit Yarloop, that is impressed on my memory for ever.

I had a man sobbing whilst ordering a meal, and people that were so damn tired, I had to order for them.

The life experience shared was that. Shared. Sad and also awesome to hear how people helped each other and what they did to help each other and their properties.

2 people so far have perished. They were older folks in their 70s. :( They died alone.

I think there will be a LOT of shit flying around in regards to the way this fire was handled and also the care for the Yarloop Township and after the fact - One Word for the future here - ALCOA, - and their future wealth, mining and well - I bet they can not wait to get their grubby hands on the land, that once had homes that people loved to be.

Anyway, I will always have in my thoughts the witness accounts shared to me, of huge fireballs that were shot and then dripped like melting rubber/plastic over the town and the sounds they said sounded louder than a low flying chopper .......... I will NEVER enjoy fireworks EVER again :(

All over in less than 10 minutes ...............

Good moanin OT thread!

Second night down with one to go!!!!!

Update -

Looks like everything is now under control, for the moment. Firefighters worked hard yesterday to contain the monster fire and the weather has helped and thank goodness some people came to assist from the Eastern States.

Was at work again tonight and had a flow of people returning to their homes, after evacuation and shared their stories.

Some also came by that stayed to fight. I was even given a first hand account of the fire ball that hit Yarloop, that is impressed on my memory for ever.

I had a man sobbing whilst ordering a meal, and people that were so damn tired, I had to order for them.

The life experience shared was that. Shared. Sad and also awesome to hear how people helped each other and what they did to help each other and their properties.

2 people so far have perished. They were older folks in their 70s. :( They died alone.

I think there will be a LOT of shit flying around in regards to the way this fire was handled and also the care for the Yarloop Township and after the fact - One Word for the future here - ALCOA, - and their future wealth, mining and well - I bet they can not wait to get their grubby hands on the land, that once had homes that people loved to be.

Anyway, I will always have in my thoughts the witness accounts shared to me, of huge fireballs that were shot and then dripped like melting rubber/plastic over the town and the sounds they said sounded louder than a low flying chopper .......... I will NEVER enjoy fireworks EVER again :(

All over in less than 10 minutes ...............

Thanks for the update, such a horrific experience. A big shared grief like that will stay with you forever, but it's always amazing to see/hear how the community supports one another in times like this, somehow it brings out the best in people despite being the worst circumstances.

I'm sure there will be lots of counselling services made available for everyone, would you consider something like that?

Anyway, so glad you are ok. It is sad that 2 people passed but hopefully that's the only death toll. The overall damage is phenomenal though I understand.

@Trala I have big news, you may want to sit down for this..... Drum role....

THERE IS A NEW CANDY CRUSH GAME!!!! Candy Crush Jelly!!!! It's so much fun! You have to try it.

@hooleydooley thank you for the updates, I am very happy to hear that you are OK and that you are still working in your FOH job during this time. Bless you, you have such a kind soul.

Welcome back @mutleyp very happy to hear you had fun and you have a tan! Love tanning myself.... I think I'm a bit addicted to it. I would love to go to Bali, am trying to figure out where I want to go for my first overseas trip. Bali is high on my list.

How is everyone's 2016 going so far?
Me, well I've just been a beach bum till I had to come back to Sydney :( but now the real work starts, I have so much I need to do before I officially move down to the bay.

Oh and in less than 2 weeks is my cruise!!!! So bloody excited! I've counted all my tips from the pub and I'll be using that as drinking money on my cruise, hopefully $250 will be enough:woot:

Hope everyone has a good day, its going to be 36 degrees today, am going to the pools with a mate, need to top up my tan for my cruise, my arse is still not as brown as my legs (looks really weird).

Peace out bitches :wacky:

@Inigo Montoya as a recovered tan addict I will say to tan the butt you really do need to go bottomless. A wedgie is a good start but I could never stand the tan lines. These days my bum is always whiter than the rest of me though, well just in case you were wondering.

Exciting that the cruise is so close - I feel it's been coming for so long now and it's not even happening to me!

@Inigo Montoya as a recovered tan addict I will say to tan the butt you really do need to go bottomless. A wedgie is a good start but I could never stand the tan lines. These days my bum is always whiter than the rest of me though, well just in case you were wondering.

Exciting that the cruise is so close - I feel it's been coming for so long now and it's not even happening to me!
Once upon a time I would go to the solarium every second day.... And my arse was so brown, unfortunately solariums are now illegal, so the sun will just have to do.

And yes the cruise is very close! I think it was only November that my mate and o booked it.

Once upon a time I would go to the solarium every second day.... And my arse was so brown, unfortunately solariums are now illegal, so the sun will just have to do.

And yes the cruise is very close! I think it was only November that my mate and o booked it.

Oh yeah solariums were so good. I mean not for my health and definitely not my skin long term as I've learnt, but at the time soooo good. I do know a place near the cbd with a sneaky solarium, but I'm trying to not tan at all these days. You are making me want a solarium visit so bad right now though!!

Oh yeah solariums were so good. I mean not for my health and definitely not my skin long term as I've learnt, but at the time soooo good. I do know a place near the cbd with a sneaky solarium, but I'm trying to not tan at all these days. You are making me want a solarium visit so bad right now though!!
I've also heard about a few sneaky solariums out there, but at the end of the day it cost money to use and the sun is free...

Please don't let me influence you back into the world of tanning. Deep down I know its bad for me, but I just hate being white and fake tan never looks good on me (and it costs money)

No problem, how was your Chrissy? Did you get many presents?

Hey Inigo,

Christmas was great thanks with only few pressies (all nice) EXCEPT the following:

1) Wafer Sticks

2) Danish Cookies

3) Mini plum puddings.

If I get any of the above items this year, I am so going to ping them off the forehead of the person that gives them to me. I know Christmas is all about giving but enough already with lard arse inducing treats. My butt is big enough, thanks.:mooning:

Christmas for me is all about the kids getting the lion share of pressies.

Hey Inigo,

Christmas was great thanks with only few pressies (all nice) EXCEPT the following:

1) Wafer Sticks

2) Danish Cookies

3) Mini plum puddings.

If I get any of the above items this year, I am so going to ping them off the forehead of the person that gives them to me. I know Christmas is all about giving but enough already with lard arse inducing treats. My butt is big enough, thanks.:mooning:

Christmas for me is all about the kids getting the lion share of pressies.

P.S I read your post and glad to hear you had a good Christmas.:D

*OOPS this P.S was meant to be in the post above.

I've also heard about a few sneaky solariums out there, but at the end of the day it cost money to use and the sun is free...

Please don't let me influence you back into the world of tanning. Deep down I know its bad for me, but I just hate being white and fake tan never looks good on me (and it costs money)

Yeah it's a bit silly really, at least in summer and on cracker days like today. Oh plus I'm about to go to the beach for a work thing.

I am easily influenced but no I'll resist at least intentionally burning to a crisp.

@Trala I have big news, you may want to sit down for this..... Drum role....

THERE IS A NEW CANDY CRUSH GAME!!!! Candy Crush Jelly!!!! It's so much fun! You have to try it.

@hooleydooley thank you for the updates, I am very happy to hear that you are OK and that you are still working in your FOH job during this time. Bless you, you have such a kind soul.

Welcome back @mutleyp very happy to hear you had fun and you have a tan! Love tanning myself.... I think I'm a bit addicted to it. I would love to go to Bali, am trying to figure out where I want to go for my first overseas trip. Bali is high on my list.

How is everyone's 2016 going so far?
Me, well I've just been a beach bum till I had to come back to Sydney :( but now the real work starts, I have so much I need to do before I officially move down to the bay.

Oh and in less than 2 weeks is my cruise!!!! So bloody excited! I've counted all my tips from the pub and I'll be using that as drinking money on my cruise, hopefully $250 will be enough:woot:

Hope everyone has a good day, its going to be 36 degrees today, am going to the pools with a mate, need to top up my tan for my cruise, my arse is still not as brown as my legs (looks really weird).

Peace out bitches :wacky:
Hello!

Last night shift tonight.... Thank fuck!

My 2016 is going swimmingly so far, and not just because I have a pool :laugh:. Gastro granted me a 2kg weight loss I plant to keep off, and I start my monthly massage facial treat tomorrow. So, so far I am sticking to resolutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back